What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My plants dont look too good

greencalyx

Premium user
I use a Mars Hydro FC-E1000W. I think it has a decent spectrum. Maybe a lil more blue than i would've liked, but blue light is great for veg. Makes tighter internodal spacing.

I have some red lights I'll supplement with for flower

I don't think the problem with leds too narrow of a spectrum, but rather that most leds try to be an all-in-one light. Optimized for veg AND flower

We all know that bluish metal halides work great for veg, and redder hps bulbs for flower.

I think the problem people have with led in flower is because of all the blue. Blue is great for veg, not so much for flower.

Two separate fixtures for veg and flower would be perfect. Or even like an all in one fixture with less blue and more like hps would be OK too. Not as ideal, but probably a lot less problems in flower, where most report problems.

But of course, this is all just from what I read. Don't have much experience

Last edited: