What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My OBBT Bucket Build

rrog

Veteran
Thank you XMB. Any guess if the small lighter green popcorn buds will smoke differently than the dark colas?

That grow was amazingly dense. Next time I may sacrifice more small buds to make room for the light on the main colas.

All bud has been hanging like laundry on wires in the sealed micro-grow room with slow air exchange through carbon filter. Temp and humidity at 70. Cool how the tiny space was used for a veg room, then flower room, and finally a drying room. I'll be upgrading the room a bit to make it more efficient for all three functions.

I have a small space heater on low, and a humidifier on high, with several Hygrometers to measure the humidity levels. After 7 days of this, they go in 1/2 gallon Mason jars, each with a tiny accurate Hygrometer to measure the final cure humidity levels. I'll continue with this for a couple more days. Shooting for 55 to 60%.

I'll then pull a vacuum on each Mason jar for long term, oxygen-free storage.

h.h.

Veteran
The smaller buds will be slightly less potent. Still good. The worst part I think is getting them trimmed without falling apart. A lot of work for a little. They're better used with BHO or hash making.
I save all my second trimmings of the sugar leaves. When I'm low I start picking through and them little buds come in handy.

rrog

Veteran
Thanks H2. I've kept popcorn, small colas and large colas separate, and will store them that way. I'll do a bit of a test and see what's different. One thing is that the big colas received a lot of UV-B for 9 weeks. Not sure if that might make any difference.

UV-B might do nothing, or only affect the buds it contacted, or have a systemic affect on the plant. So much to learn...

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seems to me like the popcorn makes for some good samplers while you wait for the main harvest :tiphat:

rrog

Veteran
They certainly do.

Buds have been at 70%RH and 70F for 6 days. Time to jar them for the next drying. I'll snap a pic of the more trimmed buds

rrog

Veteran
Been smoking uncured bud. Don't hate me for it. Was grinding a small bud and lo and fucking behold there were two seeds...

And I think back weeks ago to that night I left the light on all night...

I found one teenie hermie so far.

Anyway, I love the buzz and had a great time and will do it all over again before I know it.

h.h.

Veteran
Sometimes I find a immature seed or two. I wouldn't worry.
Everybody "knows" a mistake with the lights will hermie your plant. After making the mistake in the past, sometimes repeatedly, and coming out with good weed, I no longer know this fact. I didn't see stressed plants. I've seen hermies with no mistakes, when everything was done right. I wonder if there is any science backing up this knowledge.

rrog

Veteran
Thought I'd stop in and see what's happening here at IC Mag. Been a year. I am starting another grow, and will be using the same buckets.

For what it's worth I have two conclusions:

#1 I VERY much prefer the smoke from the organic grow. Much smoother than the previous chem hydro grow

#2 The last organic and previous chem grow used the same NL#5 seeds. This last grow used UV-B. I will be using UV-B again, as I think the effect, quality and potency went up quite a bit. This isn't an apples to apples comparison I realize, however I'm more convinced than ever that UV-B is a good thing to add to a grow.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Hey rrog musta been karma, saw this in my favs and opened it up. How ya been, Yeah it has been a year, I'm on my fifth grow in the box same buckets, all I'm really doing different is recycling all my soil by dumping it out and amending with all new ewc,kelp,blood,guano, etc. Oh I do like the organic smoothness good to see your post. here's some pics of whats ging now. LSD G13 and the old stand but which is great for a box cause it doesn't stretch to much.
These were taken two days ago, planted from clone dec 30 jan 26 12/12,feb 2 preflowers show so these have been in bud for 20 days. Under T5HO CFL's, grow space 2'x3'x4'.
It was a year ago that my wife said I should get a "hobby", and boy she likes my hobby now.

Last edited:

rrog

Veteran
Perlemae how the hell are you!! Thanks for stopping by. Wow. This is so cool. And what a grow you have there!!!

I am going to be growing some very special Super Silver Haze next. Same buckets. I even have nine 1 gallon OBBTs to start the veg, then take the best three and transplant to the 5 gallon rigs. This is all happening in a tiny space so still a micro-grow.

Thanks again for stopping by and sharing!

h.h.

Veteran
Whats up R2? Youse the ol' pro now.
I've adapted to a large 32 gallon garbage can with a covered and wicked 5 gallon bucket at the bottom with a spout for fill and an air hose. The can is filled with soil and 3-3 gallon bottomless pots set in the top for 3 plants. Drainage holes in the bottom of the can.
Grew out some tasty blueberry kush that way using mostly Joshua tree tea for nutes.
Starting some tangerine dream and will probably do something similar in ground. Waiting on some ******'s uberkush (herijuana x bubba kush cheese) and some euphoria (heri/chemdog) regular seed for pollen. Seems to be a good supply of pot now days. It's good seed that's getting hard to find.

rrog

Veteran
H2.. How ya been? You're like Washington Carver with all your uses for that Joshua tree. Thanks for stopping by.

I'm ol' but no pro.

h.h.

Veteran
Use what you got
smoke what you brought
I'm a pro I'm told
but just at getting old

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
rrog,

Nice to have you back.

I flip through this thread often since you've been gone... hell, you've been gone the whole time I've been here.

So like I said at the top:

Nice to have you back.

rrog

Veteran
Hey IF. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I'll be growing with these same buckets shortly. Super Silver Haze

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow hard mate :smoke:

I have adapted my obbt pots into hempy buckets for now... outdoors on a dripper they kick arse!