What's new

My OBBT Bucket Build

rrog

Veteran
Rip, that JH is outta control, man. Looks great. It's huge. That would fill my while micro-grow room. Sweet buds there.

RipVanWeed

Yesterday I picked up an important addition to the op.

Saftey/welding glasses to protect from mega watts.

Read a thread on here that is about eye saftey, planted a seed in my brain. Now I can relax.

The Jack Herer was a big winner outdoors, now she's proving her worth inside. Thanks for the kind words Rrog.

Be Well,

Been noticing how time in the grow room affects my sight for quite awhile afterward

rrog

Veteran
I've noticed this also. Maybe I'll do the same with the glasses. I'm also doing UV-B so obviously I'm not even in there when that baby is operational.

Standard close fitting UV sunglasses would be fine.

RipVanWeed

I wear perscription glasses for myopia. My sunglasses (Oakleys) are UV safe, but I cant see closeup while wearing them. These new ones have no Rx so I will be able to see what I'm doing, plus they wrap way around for periphial coverage.

Been wearing a hat down low, and conciously looking down, but this will be better. $16 from Graingers, small price for sight protection.

Last year while building the original cabinet, I got a piece of metal in my left eye while using a Dremel. Lesson learned. Yesterday's front page of the LA Times showed a Toyota "team leader" modifiying a gas pedal with a hacksaw. He's wearing saftey glasses, but they're pushed up on his forehead!

Be safe,

rrog

Veteran
I just went to check on the ladies. I left a 100 watt light shining ALL FREAKING NIGHT on them. I'm having a hard time punching myself hard enough.

If these hermie I will cry.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
rror, if I may ask a question, has you ever measured the soil temps while the medium is cooking at the start, I was just curious, I really like the OBBT system as a Master Gardner I much prefer organics. I,m presently constructing a cab that will have a flowering area that 2'x3'and 48" tall. I was thingking Hydro until I came upon the OBBT threads.

rrog

Veteran
Great question, as I happen to feel that elevated root temps are a plus, assuming you have control over bad (typically anaerobic) micros.

I have not measured the temps. Not sure actual heat is being created as in a compost pile, but the air pump is pumping in warmed air.

I also found the OBBT technique compelling, and that's after I grew hydro.

rrog

Veteran
H2, What's happening? Thanks for stopping by.

Some words of wisdom from our own JayKush: less is more and little but often will guide you on the right path.

I say this because I added one last batch of corn cob ash tea for the Potassium. Should have gone weaker at this last leg of the race.

Less is More

RipVanWeed

Been busy,

I chopped the 2 Master Bubba Kush's. This pic is one I plucked off the fans. Then the last one, these are at 67 days

These plants yielded way more than the 1st MBK cut at 58 days! This was all the bud off the 1st MBK, plus a small lollipop experiment

I haven't keep my word on a number of subjects posted here...I said I would jar that 1st plant, for 3 weeks, before puttin' it out there NOT

My peeps been waiting so long for me to drop some Kush, I caved in and let it go. Gone, except for a supply for the wife. She's been needing a strong night time med. 3 Fused vertabre, complications, nerve damage. Daily battle of Pain Managment.

After a decade of Soma, Vicodin, and 13 more, they're getting around to cutting out the bad ones. As she transitions away from the pharmacy, she finds the cannabis to be helpful. It makes me feel good, that I can help relieve her pain a little.

I also chopped the Super Silver Haze, found a few mites on a lower branch. I removed the plant from the garden. Then I cutoff the affected branch, bagged, and froze it. Made another run of QWISO using the trim and mite's branch.

The SSH yielded about 2z, with maybe a 10% loss to mites. All nonflowering plants have been sprayed with SM90/Neem, and will continue being sprayed once a week til 4/5 wks into flower.

The next set of flowering plants are booming, best looking yet.
I think a little extra attention to the Ph has helped. Probably chopping the White Russian today, I'll take some pics of the garden

Rrog your plants look great, your getting so close. Rewards for your diligence awaits. Good on you.

Much Respect,

Dude, how do you get your pics to show big?

As she transitions away from the pharmacy, she finds the cannabis to be helpful. It makes me feel good, that I can help relieve her pain a little.

That´s cool that you can help.

So your patients´ favorite for pain relief is the MBK? I want to start specializing in bone and joint pain relief and I´m trying to focus on what strains to grow. It would be great to find a nice kush that packs on the flowers.

rrog

Veteran
RVW, That's a great testimonial about your wife, though I'm obviously sad that she's in chronic pain. You must feel good that you can help her. That's just so great.

Those plants look just amazing. Great color, no burns. Just great. You should be so tickled!

Are those top two pics the same plant, but one is trimmed?

RipVanWeed

Those were sisters.

These plants suffered a little midway through flower. I think the new girls will be closer to full potiential. Now in flower are 4 Master Bubba Kush, 2 Swiss Bliss, and 2 Jack Herer's. Gots the EJ teas brewin'.

Choppin' and trimmin' the White Russian tonight.

MBK buds hanging in the garage 4 days now, usually that's enough for my stuff, but the weather here has been cold and wet. The garage temps are 72-58, rh 55%-65%. These are the biggest and densest buds yet, so they're gonna hang for awhile yet.

h.h.

Veteran
Looks like a run of clear skies ahead, with the snow on the hills where it belongs. Setting everything outside during the day. Need to lighten the buckets, but you can't beat sunshine.Using a two part bucket, the plan is to have 2 sets of bubble buckets, moving the pots back and forth.
Doing some blueberry kush and some blueberry wonder or blue willy as it's called locally. Two in the bomb shelter trying to flower.
Keeping the dogs away this time. Stonerdogs.

rrog

Veteran
Hi 2Fission,Thanks for the props. Balls? As in hermied? Not that I've seen, and I've really been looking.

I should get a pic today. Been using Fridays as picture day.

Please feel free to ask questions. It's a fun grow technique.

my main question right now is, what are thoughts about smaller but still deeppots (remember him form og ??) running SOG style. i just want colas/lollipops/most efficient use of space.

also in DM's original thread a guy brought up smart pots. to your knowledge has anyone experimented with them?

random questions but you said to ask, :). i have yet to read LL's threads. I'll get there.

rrog

Veteran
Asking is great. I personally like questions, and I ask far too many.

Smaller and deep would work. You could probably do 3 gallon pails. 2 gal medium, 1 gal rocks & water. Someone else please check my thought there.

Tall is a key. Square "pails" fit together well.

I'm doing a SCROG, as I have very limited grow quarters. 30" x 24" x 50" 600W HPS Hortilux Blue.

I have three 5 gallon pails but only two are running (one was male )

Not sure about smart pots.

RipVanWeed

Hey BinFis,

I ran some small, tall OBBT's with lollipops last go round. I made them out of PVC fence post, 5.25" a side x 14" tall.

W hite Russian left, Master Bubba Kush rt.

This is 3 Purple Kush's...little girls, started from rooted clone, they didn't stretch at all. Just a few grams each, but it's like candy!

I failed to get the best out of the "fencepost" OBBT's. My target is 28g each, I will veg more this time, let them settle in to the OBBT enviro a little. There's a set incubating in the garage.

I will be rotating the "fenceposts" into the veg cabinet shortly.

Respect,

rrog

Veteran
Holy shit RVW. That is quite the lineup in that last shot. And man, don't you live in a beautiful area! Wow.

Here are a couple of updated pics. I am just starting week 8

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

On the left is NL#5. On the right is Purple Diesel.

Looking at these, I should work something more vertical next time. These are so damn dense with foliage. Very solid. Too solid. I have 54" of overall height, less the lamp and 12" of space under the lamp gives me only 30" from the floor. 15" of that is bucket...