What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My little Urbstead (urban homestead)

captain planet

Veteran
picture.php

The little ladies :)

captain planet

Veteran
Thanks B ! We r big fans of flavor here, I think we could easily go thru 365 bulbs. We only grow enough for about 1/4 of a year, and a bag of good bulbs saved for planting in November ...... Need more space

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lucky you,you at least got one! damn birds got all mine....the ones the aphids didnt get to first that is...

captain planet

Veteran
Things are really winding do here, some peppers still finishing, one yellow s
Quash still has some fruit to give, ....tried a fall batch of carrots but I think the chickens ate most of the sprouts. Mater s have a few on ripening but the plants are dine in general. Never got any cukes and any little melons got eaten by wildlife. Chicks are now chickens but still a cpl months from eggs, bees , doubtful they will stay I w
Ant 2 langstroph hives next spring, not a fan of the top bar hives.
Oh kale is still string as ever, maybe I'll make some spicy kale chips tonight :)

captain planet

Veteran
It was a poor year for the veggie garden, still had some yield, but didn't have time, let everything fight with weeds.

captain planet

Veteran
Added more boxes this year and moved some things around to fight depletion and those grubs that make those squash beetles. Adding rapini, and pickling cucumbers!