What's new

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

Hey HC!
I was recently referred to your SOG threads to help me get an idea of an ebb and flow setup that may suit my purposes. I had a question regarding yields.

You were able to achieve 1gpw with a 3x3, 4 plants per sq. ft. Considering 1gpw is what we all hope to achieve, and 36 plants are capable of producing these results under a 1k SOG (strain dependent obviously), do you think using a 4x4 and 64 plants under a 1k will be overkill?

Basically, if I can achieve 1gpw, I will be producing more than enough. Using 2 3x3 ebb and floods rather than 2 4x4s will result in considerably lower costs, and ultimately far less plants to deal with. I am wondering if the extra plants and space will really be worth the money and time required, when its very possible to achieve 1gpw in a 3x3 SOG under a 1k.

Thanks for the inspiration, and kudos to your growing skills!

cheers,
riddle

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Hey HC!
I was recently referred to your SOG threads to help me get an idea of an ebb and flow setup that may suit my purposes. I had a question regarding yields.

You were able to achieve 1gpw with a 3x3, 4 plants per sq. ft. Considering 1gpw is what we all hope to achieve, and 36 plants are capable of producing these results under a 1k SOG (strain dependent obviously), do you think using a 4x4 and 64 plants under a 1k will be overkill?

Basically, if I can achieve 1gpw, I will be producing more than enough. Using 2 3x3 ebb and floods rather than 2 4x4s will result in considerably lower costs, and ultimately far less plants to deal with. I am wondering if the extra plants and space will really be worth the money and time required, when its very possible to achieve 1gpw in a 3x3 SOG under a 1k.

Thanks for the inspiration, and kudos to your growing skills!

cheers,
riddle

G'day, hows it going.

I guess the more plants you have the better yield...if everything is co operating that is.

The big hassle with SOG is producing a shit load of clones and keeping mother plants. But if you do the 12/12 thing from the start, harvest comes very quickly...especially with an indica.

A 1000W is good for a 4x4...I used a 3x3 cos thats all the hydro store had. A 600W works on a 3x3 too. Produces more than enough for me.

Has to be the most simple and productive method of growing I have tried.

High Country

Veteran
THE TIME HAS COME

THE TIME HAS COME

I've been a bit quiet lately and have been focusing on a new career path.

Mining...in the resource rich country of Australia.

Gina Rinehart, CEO of Hancock Prospecting currently earns $2,000,000 every hour of the day...iron ore.

I want a piece of the action.

So I've done the necessary licences and tickets and finally got acceptance for employment, this cost a lot of money, but not with her company.

So grows might be on hold for a while.

It feels like I've sold myself to the devil...raping and pillaging the earth.

The economy here in Oz no longer grows on the sheeps back...it sits in the back of a 200 ton haul truck.

Iron ore.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good luck to ya....thanks for keeping SOG alive...

I think, at heart, it is my favorite way to run the ladies as well. I've enjoyed your thread.

:respect:

Be here when ya get back...

dank.Frank

budsnblunts

Veteran
I've been checking your thread out and pretty amazing stuff... It is sad that you will be elsewhere but good luck in your new career path and look after yourself. Hope to see some wicked shit from you again.

High Country

Veteran
good luck to ya....thanks for keeping SOG alive...

I think, at heart, it is my favorite way to run the ladies as well. I've enjoyed your thread.

:respect:

Be here when ya get back...

dank.Frank

Sea of Green works, but numbers could be an issue.

But if you can get the cloning process sorted and maintain mother plants, a SOG is the way to go.

I'll be back.

Every 2 weeks actually and 1 week off...fly in, fly out.

I've been checking your thread out and pretty amazing stuff... It is sad that you will be elsewhere but good luck in your new career path and look after yourself. Hope to see some wicked shit from you again.

I've got a lot of new seed, they will be used.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you won't be completely gone. Looks like you should work towards full automation of a system so you can continue even while away... ???

dank.Frank

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Hi HC, just finished reading your thread and PhenoMenal's and I must say that they're very inspirational ! Although we don't have clones only strains in my country, I plan to create in the near future(2, 3 years) some seeds from my favourite strains. I plan doing this with some indicas and sativas but I plan to grow and reverse the most resistant of them in a greenhouse, I mean let them grow their full life cycle. So i will split the greenhouse in a few rooms, for the strains. Any advice for me ?

High Country

Veteran
Hi HC, just finished reading your thread and PhenoMenal's and I must say that they're very inspirational ! Although we don't have clones only strains in my country, I plan to create in the near future(2, 3 years) some seeds from my favourite strains. I plan doing this with some indicas and sativas but I plan to grow and reverse the most resistant of them in a greenhouse, I mean let them grow their full life cycle. So i will split the greenhouse in a few rooms, for the strains. Any advice for me ?

Just have a go mate...that's all I did.

High Country

Veteran
Looking forward to future episodes High Country

Kind of a bit difficult at the moment as I am open to random drug testing. I now work in the mining resources industry. This is the future of this country...iron ore...it's no longer the sheeps back.

I don't mind, I don't need the shit.

Oh my god I'm sounding responsible....scary.

Allotropy

Kind of a bit difficult at the moment as I am open to random drug testing. I now work in the mining resources industry. This is the future of this country...iron ore...it's no longer the sheeps back.

I don't mind, I don't need the shit.

Oh my god I'm sounding responsible....scary.

Understand Perfectly. Don't need to explain yourself. Well done on getting a job out there. $$$$

:tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
Spring is in the air...looks like the Australian/New Zealand forum has gone into a coma though.

Well I haven't.

My CS seeds and progeny crosses are germinating.

Wake up Australia...but sleep in if you must.

I'm back.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Funny the day i decide to check out ICMAG which i havn't in a few months, HC has decided to return aswel haha :),

Peace brother.

Joeski

Welcome back HC... u gonna be in it for the long haul with this grow or what? still working in the mines?

benzo

hey, glad you are back High Country. Really enjoyed this thread, all the pics, and especially the Colloidal silver project (which you documented very well i might add).

Anyways, how is the HC Indica x Thai cross going?