What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MY LITTLE SOG GOES 1000W

O

orfeas

G'day there HC, no worry!
appreciate spell check and hope you don't mind my clarifying my user name's spelling.
Orpheus is the Latin script for Ορφεύς i.e. Ορφέας (Orfeas) in modern Greek...

But then I have already wished you every luck producing a male plant.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
7 DAYS OF 12/12

7 DAYS OF 12/12

Day 7 of the reversal and there is nothing really obvious yet. This makes me nervous except for one thing. Normally by day 7 I would be seeing healthy white straight pistils appearing over the entire plant. Today, I am not.

THE LEAVES, CURLED, TWISTED, MUTATED. THE CAUSE? - COLLOIDAL SILVER I SUSPECT

picture.php

SOME DEFORMED AND BROWN PISTILS APPEARING

picture.php

IT HAS NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, ONLY WHEN SPRAYED WITH COLLOIDAL SILVER

picture.php

The colloidal silver production and spraying goes on. Still early days, must have patience. Read PhenoMenal's thread again. Something will happen by the end of the next 7 days.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
you get nervous man but maybe just wait what happen , i think nothing sure about the cause you no but im with you in this training bro..anyway you are the best !!
this is first time do like this??

High Country

Veteran
Yes killerweed, this is the first time I have tried colloidal silver so it's all a bit of an experiment. I have a feeling this strain may be too stable to reverse sex. Time will tell.

High Country

Veteran
just readin u have had this strain for 8 years did u take clones of clones for that whole time or wat?

Yep, this is a clone only strain, from bagseed. Originally there was a sativa and indica pheno. The sative was low yield, similar smell and smoke but hermied. The indica was and is a high yielder, great couchlock smoke and has never hermied.

From that one plant I cloned it and created mother plants. From then on I have been replacing the mothers about once a year from a clone. So yes I am effectively taking a clone from a clone.....a mother clone.

There has not been one change in the plant for nearly nine years. Clones and flowers easily, typical indica....short, fat, fast finisher, high yield. Continues to be my favorite smoke.

I generally keep about 24 mother plants, quite a few for mother plants. It's a bit of a back up against disease, mites etc. I also need lots of clones for SOG'S.

This is a full on girl and makes me wonder whether colloidal silver will do the job.

benjuanman

Veteran
ok sweet bro good 2 c u replied quickly thnx. ive got sum clones goin now from bagseed but it is startin 2 show the odd male flower so will spray with sum pollen inhibitor spray. once i harvest them, will move in another lot of unknown clones n once thats done my fem white rhino seeds should b pumpin. still gotta long way 2 go as this is only my 2nd grow. luv ur material keep it up!!

High Country

Veteran
ok sweet bro good 2 c u replied quickly thnx. ive got sum clones goin now from bagseed but it is startin 2 show the odd male flower so will spray with sum pollen inhibitor spray. once i harvest them, will move in another lot of unknown clones n once thats done my fem white rhino seeds should b pumpin. still gotta long way 2 go as this is only my 2nd grow. luv ur material keep it up!!

Hope that one going hermie on you doesn't start fucking any of your other girls.

High Country

Veteran
I AM GETTING A LITTLE BIT IMPATIENT

I AM GETTING A LITTLE BIT IMPATIENT

Taking some time off work for the Melbourne Cup long weekend. I've been going over PhenoMenal's thread - Yavvy! My first colloidal silver generator(photo), sorry, haven't linked it but you will find it. Impatience, yes, I think it's because I have not dealt with male plants for donkeys years. I've never tried reversing sex before either. So it is a little bit frustrating.

Two weeks of spraying colloidal silver is not enough time. The plants are changing, that's for sure, but changing to what? Only time will tell. I am desperate for seeds of this strain. This keeping of the mother plants and constant cloning drives me nuts.

If I cannot get a reversal then so be it. I will grow it until disease or mites get it. So in the mean time maitenance of the mums continues.

THE MOTHER CHAMBER, THE BIGGER ONES ON THE TOP RIGHT WILL GET POLLINATED IF THIS WORKS, 3 IN ALL

picture.php

MY LITTLE INDICA MUMS, TOPPED AND THRIVING

picture.php

THE SPARES, I'VE GOT A SPOT FOR THEM

picture.php

UP HERE, STILL SNOW AROUND, I KNOW WHERE THERE IS A LOT MORE SNOW. IT MELTS INTO MY SPOTS GIVING ME THE MOISTURE TO SURVIVE A LONG HOT SUMMER

picture.php

Patience, patience, patience is needed for this colloidal silver experiment. I'll give it about one month max then pull the pin. Then it's clone only, unless of course I cross it with something.

High Country

Veteran
LET'S GET THE MOTHERS TO BE READY

LET'S GET THE MOTHERS TO BE READY

So we are at about 10 days into 12/12 of the colloidal silver sprayed mums. Time to get the recipients of pollen ready for action. These two old girls were looking a bit tired and emotional. I have re potted them into larger pots with fresh potting mix and given them a feed of hydro bloom nutes at 1.8 EC.

MOTHER TO BE NO.1, RE POTTED AND FED

picture.php

MOTHER TO BE NO.2

picture.php

Both are about 3' or 90cm high, the same height as the colloidal silver sprayed plants. I will move these into the flower room soon and give them a dose of 1000W HPS on 12/12.. That should perk them up a bit.

The colloidal silver sprayed plants are yet to produce male flowers. The recipients will be placed right next to the sprayed plants. I figure that if pollen is produced and I miss it the recipients will still be able to have a good shag. A fan will be on one side of the sprayed plants so if any undetected pollen is produced the fan will send it into the recipients hoping for a good time. Might have to hang the 1000W HPS vertically soon.

High Country

Veteran
TIME TO FLOWER THE MOTHERS TO BE

TIME TO FLOWER THE MOTHERS TO BE

These old girls have been re potted and fed. It's now time to go to 12/12 and produce flowers for the colloidal silver sprayed mums.

THE COLLOIDAL SILVER SPRAYED DONORS ON THE LEFT AND THE MOTHERS TO BE ON THE RIGHT

picture.php

THIS 1000W HPS IS AT ABOUT IT'S LIMIT OF LIGHT PENETRATION

picture.php

Now it's just a waiting game. I will continue spraying the colloidal silver on the donor mums ensuring none gets on the mothers to be. The fan is on the left side of the sprayed plants so if I miss seeing male flowers that produce pollen hopefully it will be blown on to the mothers to be and impregnate them.

If the sprayed plants produce a lot of male flowers I will collect the bananas and pollen then impregnate the mothers to be manually. I've still got one big old mum left which can go outdoors somewhere with another spare 8 small ones. That will leave me with 24 new mums for future SOG runs.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
man keep up the good work HC, cant wait to see if u get these ladies feminized seeds would be pretty cool. GL!

BoomBoom

Just dropping in to say I read the whole thread. LOVE your strain that top to bottom cola is amazing. Also, I never knew you could male a female I sure hope it works I'm sure everyone who's seen your grows wants 10 seeds each!

High Country

Veteran
Just dropping in to say I read the whole thread. LOVE your strain that top to bottom cola is amazing. Also, I never knew you could male a female I sure hope it works I'm sure everyone who's seen your grows wants 10 seeds each!

You sure can, apparently, have a look at this thread by PhenoMenal

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo) - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

I'm still waiting for the male flowers to show, the colloidal silver is definitely affecting the plants though and hopefully those little yellow bananas will pop out soon.

High Country

Veteran
A BACK UP PLAN

A BACK UP PLAN

My old girls have not put out male characteristics yet. I'll continue spraying them with colloidal silver and give them more time. As a back up I have decided to give one of the new mums the colloidal silver treatment as well.

Maybe the old girls are too set in there ways. They are about a year old and have had multiple clones taken off them. So I figure maybe a young filly will be more inclined to reverse. I'll spray for two weeks in veg instead of the one week I gave the old girls.

SHE'S A PRETTY GIRL ISN'T SHE

picture.php

AFTER THE FIRST SPRAY OF COLLOIDAL SILVER

picture.php

I'll let this veg under the 430W HPS for two weeks and spray twice daily. Then it's into the bloom area under 1000W HPS. I am also going to look into obtaining silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate, the necessary ingredients for an STS solution.

This is getting me intrigued. Might be just a waste of electricity but we will see what happens.

Gday High Country,

I just read the whole diary so far and have to congratulate you on one of the most interesting reads I've had in a while.

successful SOG's, cloning tute's, big lights and big buds - luv it!

I so agree with you on using Seasol - I have been running trials with it in a hydro setup and my results are fantastic.

The CS experiment is being well documented and is a pleasure to follow - hopefully you nail it first time!

I'm very keen to keep following this thread - well done.

Stay Safe,

Jimbo :tiphat:

High Country

Veteran
looking good hc :)

i hope those ladies reverse for you soon

Gday High Country,

I just read the whole diary so far and have to congratulate you on one of the most interesting reads I've had in a while.

successful SOG's, cloning tute's, big lights and big buds - luv it!

I so agree with you on using Seasol - I have been running trials with it in a hydro setup and my results are fantastic.

The CS experiment is being well documented and is a pleasure to follow - hopefully you nail it first time!

I'm very keen to keep following this thread - well done.

Stay Safe,

Jimbo :tiphat:

These days I find SOG'S and cloning easy, lot's of practice though. PhenoMenal inspired me to try the colloidal silver sex reversal thing for creating feminised seed. I am not confident at the moment but will persist. Might just be the strain. In the meantime I've got the STS recipe off REZDOG, just have to source the chemicals. I have a gut feeling this is the method most producers of feminised seed use.

High Country

Veteran
great job coming out from colloidal silver experiment bro ...can't wait!!

G'day killerweed, I just hope the colloidal silver works. I want to try and preserve this unique strain. Another option is to let these plants grow way passed there finish date and this, according to Soma's method called rhodelisation, should also produce male flowers. We will just have to wait and see what happens I guess.