What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my life is at stake..help?

case in point^
i dont support the troops because i dont support the policy decisions being made in the war. what am i missing here? is it the fact that i didnt get to experience the comradarie and bonding in basic???? what is it? you army guys always pull this shit, "if you werent in the army you cant talk about". what is it about what your superiors say to you in speeches and pep talks that makes it alright to abandon critical thought and intelligence? training and treating a military force to be seperate from the rest of society is what all imperialistic and agressive and corrupt nations were built on. im a civilian. its my fucking country too!

by the way, please respond. i really want to know what makes me sound like an asshole for, when im just telling you my thought out and experienced opinion. i told everything as openly and as honestly as i could according to my experiences with my best friend who i should really call my brother. it gets me sooo riled up when you guys say that shit with nothing to back it up. i understand that you have some sort of military society that no civilian will ever be able to understand. ok, cool, but so do guys in fishing boats up in alaska, so do adventurists and mountain climbers, etc. etc. what makes it alright to dumbly and blindly follow the orders of someone above you, when you know in many cases, that what you are doing is either: 1. plain wrong / against your morals 2. following flawed and destructive policy

if you wanna talk stupidty lets talk about how the good old boys in afghanistan are dying cause their commanders cant get their shit together and figure out how to properly control a nation under various flags. how nobody knows what the fuck is going on because their forces are rotated out on a regular basis and fresh troops that dont even speak the same language are plopped in the same area... its allllll fucked up.

oh and i know you are thinking of coming back with "You are just pissed because they didn't let you in infantry" . im over it so dont even try . if i really want to shoot some guns i can still join the french foreign legion, i hear they are hiring and arent that picky

who HAS traveled to strange lands, met exotic people, and killed them.

if oliver stone could hear you brandishing your military experience and relating it to one of his scripts like some sort of medal he'd puke in his mouth. you turned a call for resistance from a film about the stupidity of war into another military bonding anthem. theres some deep-rooted psychological issues every man in normal society battles with and the army does a fine job of taking advantage of them and they did their job on you.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
first of all, i could spend all day making you look like an asshole over your last few posts. why? cuz im a superasshole, and i am a stubborn prick when someone pisses me off. but im gonna take it easy cuz i dont have a lot of time, so here we go........
---you fukn dumbass. i didnt turn it into shit, its a joke. its on tshirts for fuks sake. if YOU HAD SERVED, you would know this you little twerp. while i do not expect everyone to serve, i do not tolerate someone who hasnt served to question my patriotism or honor.
---i guarantee you, young man, i know far more than you just how fucked up being in the military is. and i promise you, i have more reason to despise my government than you. furthermore i guarantee i know more about how fucked up the wars in iraq and afghany are and how twisted and obviously sick the reasons behind them are. you arent going to convince me of shit cuz you dont know shit.
--i wasnt even telling you that you were wrong. just that you dont know shit other than the war movies on vietnam you watched and one drunk ass friend in the military and that you ARE AN ASSHOLE when you try to talk about it, though you do have the right to an opinion.
--for your information, i was a pretty horrible soldier you fukn schmuck, and if i hadnt been such a good godamn tanker, i promise there were a few people above me that wanted to kick my ass out! cuz i didnt conform as much as one needs to be truly successful. so i dont think they did "a real good job on me"
--i dont need to brandish a saying like a medal, cuz i have medals. this is not something i brag about, nor do any vets i know, but when you come at me like that, its a lil something i thought was appropriate to slap you in the face with.
--i usually dont feel the need to prove myself to some fukn anonymous kid who would never have the balls to talk to me in person like this, but something about you pisses me off. if you look at my original post, shithead, you will notice my advice was to NOT join the army out of economic hardship, but only if he believed in his heart it was the right thing to do.
--heres another thing.............you know what, i understand where your coming from, i do...i was young and nieve and idealistic once...and i miss it. i was one of the kids spouting of my beliefs and ideals like they were fact and believing i knew what the fuck i was talking about(and probably annoying the shit out older dudes)...enjoy your youth kid...maybe your not so bad....but telling a man who just joined the army that if he dies it will be for nothing aint making the world a better place, and it dont change a thing. its just beng a dick. learn a lil respect...it goes a long way...then when your old like me you can be a prick.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
somehow my stoned ass missed this whole post! i just saw the part about ollie stone...i will be back in a minute...
i dont support the troops because i dont support the policy decisions being made in the war. what am i missing here? is it the fact that i didnt get to experience the comradarie and bonding in basic???? what is it? you army guys always pull this shit, "if you werent in the army you cant talk about". what is it about what your superiors say to you in speeches and pep talks that makes it alright to abandon critical thought and intelligence? training and treating a military force to be seperate from the rest of society is what all imperialistic and agressive and corrupt nations were built on. im a civilian. its my fucking country too!

by the way, please respond. i really want to know what makes me sound like an asshole for, when im just telling you my thought out and experienced opinion. i told everything as openly and as honestly as i could according to my experiences with my best friend who i should really call my brother. it gets me sooo riled up when you guys say that shit with nothing to back it up. i understand that you have some sort of military society that no civilian will ever be able to understand. ok, cool, but so do guys in fishing boats up in alaska, so do adventurists and mountain climbers, etc. etc. what makes it alright to dumbly and blindly follow the orders of someone above you, when you know in many cases, that what you are doing is either: 1. plain wrong / against your morals 2. following flawed and destructive policy

if you wanna talk stupidty lets talk about how the good old boys in afghanistan are dying cause their commanders cant get their shit together and figure out how to properly control a nation under various flags. how nobody knows what the fuck is going on because their forces are rotated out on a regular basis and fresh troops that dont even speak the same language are plopped in the same area... its allllll fucked up.

oh and i know you are thinking of coming back with "You are just pissed because they didn't let you in infantry" . im over it so dont even try . if i really want to shoot some guns i can still join the french foreign legion, i hear they are hiring and arent that picky

the military is full of people from all walks of life. i joined to pay for college and make money, no other reason. others join to protect country/avoid jail/want to kill people/stop selling drugs/get out of a small town (all reasons people told me when i was in) and im sure there are countless other reasons. all that being said, being in the military is something you have to be in to understand. not to say just because you werent in you cant discuss the lifestyle, more views on a subject from any angle is always a good thing in my opinion.

to the OP, i smoked weed the whole time i was in. i once had a drug test two days after smoking, just drink lots of water. protocol when i was in (not too long ago) was to "test" a group of people, and out of that group 10% actually got tested. any "invalid" samples would not be part of this 10%, and piss being too clear makes in invalid.

pn

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, on second read you do not seem to be as stupid as i initially thought, nor, i have a feeling, as young as i initially thought. but i still think you are a dick for a few of the things you said and you can still kiss my ass. though i did kinda dump on you the feelings i had from a few posters in addition to yourself, combined.
---you can talk about it all you want, whether youve been there or not, but unless youve been there, you cant UNDERSTAND. thats what all us army guys fall back on, not that you cant talk about it. and when you cant understand, but still think you do, you look like an ASSHOLE to those of us who DO understand. does that make more sense to you?
---EDITED-cuz it was just kinda dumb...

Last edited:

DonChron

french foreign legion would prolllly get picked off by my plt. alone muaha. now im not a advocate for violence here, I was in a situation a few years back,thought I'd share with some of the kind respectable fellas around these parts,and divy from your alls advice. Doesn't mean u gota support the war to fight in it , I support my country because that's where I'm from ,live,and will die. Call me ignorant but somebodies gota stand on the line for our house,senate,and commanders in large leather chairs.

Either way that being said I'm in the shit, almost through it here brothers and sisters of the MJ growin commune. Fuckin crazy ,pure experience and I'd recommend it for those strong willed dudes. I've decided it isn't for me ,regular army 11b atleast..RASP ,or ranger bat didnt happen and if u wana do some real high speed shit go RASP or SF Q. I reread this thread and I thought I'd dig it up for any of u dudes prior enlisted or prior posted from these 2 years plus back.The military was what I needed to start a foundation, and possibly gain a loan here to open up shop in Colorado, post 911 bill provides schooling for us as well.

Hit me up ,and a HUGE BUMP on this thread to all these crazy mothas and educated intelects around these parts . PROPS and thanks

supermanlives

Veteran
screw the service. it dont pay much . theres just as many military families suffering . quite a few here in sd need to use foodbanks and any other help they can find. the goverment dont take care of yall that good.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
screw the service. it dont pay much . theres just as many military families suffering . quite a few here in sd need to use foodbanks and any other help they can find. the goverment dont take care of yall that good.
yepper why i served so ppl can say {screw the service} in total freedom and not be excuted on the spot. millitary service isnt for everyone it helps alot of ppl escape the inner city and gives them a better chance in life. it will give a person with no direction in life a direction to follow. put 20 yrs in the service and get 50% of your base pay for life and free medical, not a bad payoff in the longrun. show me 1 corporate job that gives the same bennies and i may kiss your ass

gl don cron

Lead Follow or get the Hell outta our way 19D10 armourd cav scout

solarz

yepper why i served so ppl can say {screw the service} in total freedom and not be excuted on the spot. millitary service isnt for everyone it helps alot of ppl escape the inner city and gives them a better chance in life. it will give a person with no direction in life a direction to follow. put 20 yrs in the service and get 50% of your base pay for life and free medical, not a bad payoff in the longrun. show me 1 corporate job that gives the same bennies and i may kiss your ass

gl don cron

You CAN'T be serious?? My man, you are delusional if you believe anyone in this country is in total freedom. It's a wonderful thought though...

H

h^2 O

sounds like you just want to break free from your parents...I joined the service to get away from my parents. I would suggest the navy since you pretty much can be sure you won't get killed. And you'll see some cool places. Screw the Army or Marines and all that shit, you get the same benefits from living on the love boat dude. And it's WAY better.
But don't join if you don't want to. You'll go months at a time without smoking weed. Have you looked into SSI or disability? If you have even like depression you could get like 500-1000 a month. Then you could move to a med state like California and get away from your parents. I'm moving but I've got shit to straighten up first.

DonChron

yepper why i served so ppl can say {screw the service} in total freedom and not be excuted on the spot.

fuckin A rite brother, freedom of speech right..gota love it ,to easy to sit back and criticize the military..which by ALLL means im sure the first handers like you, or I , could do all day and night. much respect there bud and we're up the same alley .11bangbang here prolly not for postin unit brigate division on this connection here tho muahaha

supermanlives ,like any job there are paygrades and benefits that come with. Depends who youre talkin about a vietnam veteran that RETIRED after his 20 after the rank of E7 wont make the pay to support a family for the rest of his days. Talkin an O5 retired ,geting his GS15 and working as a civi for the gov. are making 200+/yr...cant get lazy and blame the government.. At the same time wounded veterans of the old days did not get the support that they do these days from the US government. Its hard man but so is life. The rich get richer bro

pine boy much appreciated ,same for u and ur growin endeavors

solarz this topic stirs some serious debate and with it arguing man to easy ,so lets keep it professional hahaha.

what is your definition of freedom? do whatever you want whenever you want? murder ? be able to burn a hogleg on ur front porch without hassle?

supermanlives

Veteran
i aint disrespecting any soldiers. but you got to admit they dont pay you even close to what you deserve when your putting your ass on the line. i know lots of military people here in sd. the ones that go away for service and their families struggle to survive plus all the stress not knowing if their loved ones are coming home alive.been around military all my life. raised airforce brat

DonChron

sounds like you just want to break free from your parents...I joined the service to get away from my parents. I would suggest the navy since you pretty much can be sure you won't get killed. And you'll see some cool places. Screw the Army or Marines and all that shit, you get the same benefits from living on the love boat dude. And it's WAY better.
But don't join if you don't want to. You'll go months at a time without smoking weed. Have you looked into SSI or disability? If you have even like depression you could get like 500-1000 a month. Then you could move to a med state like California and get away from your parents. I'm moving but I've got shit to straighten up first.

shit im 25 this year brother i been outa that hole for years. Thing about the navy are POGs man, i signed up to be a grunt and see some shit and ,well, kill bad dudes. Just me man ,I have stories to bring home and some not too.Either way talk about disability people milk the system its to easy ,and Im not down with that.If you deserve it ,and need it, good call. To many pogs having their command put in for purple hearts an award that used to be a combat decoration for wounds in battle is now more of a promotion point thing..just wrong brah, Im shootin for colorado though gota have millions to open legit in cali ,if the feds dont shut u down from what im trackin. straighten ur shit up brother its all you do u got the power

supermanlives

i agree a hundred percent on that note man,what can u do though military way of life ,its no hobby. props to the airforce and CAS savin our asses everyday

Secrecy

my life is at stake..help?

Dude join the coast guard and guard the coast from coke runners, sea pirates and immigrants floating on shitty rafts.

I was going to be a coastie until my gf showed me cannabis...

Showed me truth!