What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my life is at stake..help?

Owl Mirror

Veteran
OFF-TOPIC

DonChron said: as far the Whore-he cervanted plagiarism scandal goes, I think your literacy in text speaks for itself,besides,that's none of my beezwax..haha

I just bought this book, am I to understand it wasn't written by the purported author?
If not, is the information reliable ?

SDOG

To anyone 25 and under my advice is to join the service,any one it dont matter.The economy around the US sucks ass and there is nothing for you younger set,at least the service will pay and give you a career.
And as far as your life being at stake,trust me.....youll probably live thru all these hard times.

worst advice ever. :moon:

M

mexilandrace

I am confused, I get grants and scholarships for college and school loans are available(don't need em) and I live okay on them without needing to work. I do go to school like 18-23 hours a semester but I think 12 is the requirement for full time. I don't drive a nice car and I live in a slum, but it's all the same to me.

How is that not an option? have you applied for grants? scholarships? It's mad easy and there is a ton of money out there.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I am confused, I get grants and scholarships for college and school loans are available(don't need em) and I live okay on them without needing to work. I do go to school like 18-23 hours a semester but I think 12 is the requirement for full time. I don't drive a nice car and I live in a slum, but it's all the same to me.

How is that not an option? have you applied for grants? scholarships? It's mad easy and there is a ton of money out there.

mexilandrace, I absolutely LOVE your signature, thanks for reminding us
As for the school loans and such, I am sure you are right but, I think I remember something about a GPA going down the tubes. Would this have anything to do with not receiving the loans?
Let's not forget about the law regarding Marijuana and School loans.

I know the economy sucks right now but, if one is willing and able to travel there are many opportunities. Reconstruction jobs in New Orleans?
What about all these stimulus construction projects?

And least of all, Halliburton or other contractor companies.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
To anyone 25 and under my advice is to join the service,any one it dont matter.The economy around the US sucks ass and there is nothing for you younger set,at least the service will pay and give you a career.
And as far as your life being at stake,trust me.....youll probably live thru all these hard times.

Can you say that 1,095,250 times ?

Kaneh

i wouldn't say fuck the military if you live in the US ,they provide our freedom..and Im in my early twenties
thanks for the input

Just like the hippies during the vietnam war, troops coming back after fighting for YOUR freedom ,getting shunned by their own. Im sorry, I am not looking to get this thread closed so I will refrain myself.

Dude, you seem to bee really confused about "freedom".
How exactly Vietnam war has anything to do with freedom of US-people?!?
Has military affected freedom in USA in POSITIVE way?!?

Have you really eaten all that propaganda your goverment throws your way? You need to smarten up before you get yourself killed, or even worse, you kill someone!

Reading this shit from more global point of view is unreal. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

!!!YOU CAN'T SOLVE PROBLEMS WITH VIOLENCE!!!

J

James-Bong

Have you really eaten all that propaganda your goverment throws your way? You need to smarten up before you get yourself killed, or even worse, you kill someone!

Reading this shit from more global point of view is unreal. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Well without a little thing called VIOLENCE, you most likely wouldnt be sitting on IC mag making a retard of yourself..... and most likely would be speaking a language other than english, my guess would prolly be german or Japanese.

Keep that in mind next time you wanna shit on our millitary.... :2cents:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
heres the story ..its simple really...i fucked up ,the economy is fucked..i am being forced to drop out of school and join the military...
if anybody has the experience, or knowledge of medical states and their ways of law.. just curious as to how possible it would be to make a career out west (not necessarily cali) ...decision is crucial ,with only a little money to invest in the move... any advice ? or am i going RIP 75th rangers? please help...

soundz.......like U MUST.....DO SUM SOULSEARCHING..........and find those answers inside U'r self..........ask U'r self WHAT U REALLY WANT........
just work it out in U'r head.......NO RASH decisionz.......
time bringz truth....:joint:

Kaneh

Well without a little thing called VIOLENCE, you most likely wouldnt be sitting on IC mag making a retard of yourself..... and most likely would be speaking a language other than english, my guess would prolly be german or Japanese.

:laughing:

LOL!
After reading your post one song came to my mind:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZdJRDpLHbw

PS. I'm not speaking english on my homecountry. World is bigger than that, really.
...are you sure it's me making retard of myself, LOL.

I joined the army looking for money to go to college
But they didn't pay me a quarter of what they fucking promised
Extended my tour, treated me like a sucker
That's the reason offices get fragged, motherfu***r
Don't give me speeches on how you respect and you love me,
But no body armor in a lightly armored Humvee?
My family's lonely, and you want me to re-enlist for thirty grand homie?

Owl Mirror

Veteran

Sir, while I can respect your point of view, I also believe that incident was self-defense.
Currently the wars ongoing are preemptive, without one shred of proof that it has anything to do with any danger to our freedom.
Why should anyone be willing to sacrifice their life for that?

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
go for broke in CA, you can join the military if you fuck up growing.......
I'd go to a state where there is not a supply surplus like California, and where rent is cheap. California is ridiculous, you can expect light bills of $500-$800 for any decent grow, $900 and up for any decent one bedroom apatment, and gas is $3 a gallon....They also sell eighths of meds as low as $25 nowadays of decent herb in dispensaries, so mmj is already being affected by supply.. Things are really hard in California economically. Schwarzennegger is making lame decisions to try to pull the state out of near bankruptcy basing cuts only on big business interests and not the small guy, it SUCKS right now in Cali. Someone said Montana...

J

James-Bong

Sir, while I can respect your point of view, I also believe that incident was self-defense.
Currently the wars ongoing are preemptive, without one shred of proof that it has anything to do with any danger to our freedom.
Why should anyone be willing to sacrifice their life for that?

Afganistan was preemptive?? How about all the natural disasters that happen all over the world??? Earthquakes, tusnamis....ETC. First sign of natural disaster or genocide on this planet..... who does everyone turn to?
The mean old usa.... you dont want us to be world police??? Thats fine....

Dont start crying when you get shit on next time....

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Afganistan was preemptive?? How about all the natural disasters that happen all over the world??? Earthquakes, tusnamis....ETC. First sign of natural disaster or genocide on this planet..... who does everyone turn to?
The mean old usa.... you dont want us to be world police??? Thats fine....

Dont start crying when you get shit on next time....

No need to exert violence upon me sir.
You say "natural disasters" are equal to the war in Iraq ?
You say: "Afganistan was preemptive?? "
The Taliban offered to give up Usama bin Laden and his entire network to an International Tribunal. The Iranians were assisting the USA in this regard.
Invasion of that country was not necessary in order to resolve and bring to justice the people who perpetrated violence upon the USA.
It was all disregarded in deference to toppling a regime that refused to grant the US access across Afghanistan for an Oi&Gas pipeline therefore, American men and women were sent to their deaths on behalf of the Energy Task Force, not seeking justice.
Iraq was a complete clusterfuk with the same designs emanating from the Cheney Energy Task Force.

I would not advise ANYONE to sign on to promote those policies as they have nothing to do with America's Freedom.

A strong and vibrant military is essential but, that power must be wielded judiciously.

DonChron

I did not say the vietnam war had anything to do with modern society ,or the freedoms we have today. Have I eaten all the propaganda the government throws my way? I knew there would be a few people on IC like this ...let me guess...you live in the US on top of it ? Sir. you have no idea what freedom is.

Take care and thank you everybody for the educated replies.

DonChron

by the way everybody the papers are signed Im going infantry . To fight for the freedom of the USA .. so children like the few listed above can do ,and say what they want when they want.

take care everybody

coldoneror

i was allways the first to sey fuck the gov fuck the army.... but then i met a kid comming out of inf making 900 a week and geting college for free and was able to buy a house with his va home loan and pay the morgatge with the money they where giving him for housing... he is sitting pretty and has alot more money than alot of the people aroumd me.. if you are going to go for the military go 100% and go to gain rank and kick ass and use them for all you can.. good luck brother and i hope you keep in touch when you can let us know how your experience with the military is.. ps when ever your in the us and youe on 4 day leave its a 4 day party go to the strip clubs get fucked up fuck bitches and have a blast

H

h^2 O

heres the story ..its simple really...i fucked up ,the economy is fucked..i am being forced to drop out of school and join the military...
if anybody has the experience, or knowledge of medical states and their ways of law.. just curious as to how possible it would be to make a career out west (not necessarily cali) ...decision is crucial ,with only a little money to invest in the move... any advice ? or am i going RIP 75th rangers? please help...
Dear DonChron,
Nobody can "force" you to do anyhting. I enlisted when I was 17, but because I wanted to. When I got there - it was SOMEWHERE YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO BE. :noway:
However, if you feel that you could really use it, you don't have to join the ARMY!! The Army is for poor people. Rich kids go to West Point and treat the enlisted like garbage. Well, to be fair it's like that in ALL branches.
I would say, if you are going to join for 4 years, go with the Navy (which I did, it's cool...sort of) or the AIr Force (best quality of living - they actually care about their enlisted people).
But it's hard work man, and it sucks really bad. and you can't smoke up for at least however long your basic training is (@8 weeks). That's something I can't do anymore. I can't go 8 hours. The negative of my image would be burned onto the wall like Nosferatu.