My Icmag Friends, Please Help Me Pick A Vaporizer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Extreme Q does not use butane. It is electronic.

care to reconsider your thoughts on the subject RetroGrow?

ScreenHunter_01Apr091452.gif

as quoted by me the Extreme Q portable is butane fired, whereas I'm well aware it is also made in an electric version I was only answering your question from the 1st time you quoted me wondering why I'd use butane in a vaporizer.......

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
what? how come I've never heard of this? where are they selling those?

looks like a bullshit ad, they have the EQ pictured on the top and older version pictured below. also there is no mention of it on the arizer site. also I haven't seen anything about it in 2 years of monitoring fuckcombustion.com

edit: I think I found where you got that pic. http://vaporizer.org/reviews/extreme/ that site is crazy. I wouldn't trust them

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
FUCK BIG AL's in Berkeley!

so, I decided i wanted the extreme q. went to Berkeley today to go grab one at big al's, most likely the biggest and best head shop in the bay. asked about it, fuckers wanted $350! i have found it from multiple places for $150, brand new online.

i understand that online is cheaper because no inventory, no employes, no rent and such, so i was willing to pay up to $250. assholes at big a's wouldn't even budge and called be a liar for telling them it was $150. gave them the ol finger and "FUCK YOU!"....

went to another shop, it was cheaper, but still wouldn't come down to $250, lowest was $275 they would go.....

ended up buying a sick HI SI bong for a really good price, $130! i just wanted a straight tube, no diffusers or any of that shit...

as i was in there someone bought an Extreme q and took it out of the box to package it up to send it to someone. i asked if i could have the box and he said "ya". i left and walked past Big Al's and yelled to them and pointed at the box i had "$150 FUCKERS"!

so, no vape today, most likely will get here in the middle of the week..... :tiphat:

krunchbubble

Veteran
btw, this other shop had one hell of a concentrate inventory!

TI swing arms with a pinch in the middle of the plate and 3 times bigger then any other TI plate i have seen.....

glass plates instead of TI plates.....

custom HI SI concentration bowls with glass rods....

horizontal ash catchers with a built in concentration bowl.....

RetroGrow

Veteran
FUCK BIG AL's in Berkeley!

so, I decided i wanted the extreme q. went to Berkeley today to go grab one at big al's, most likely the biggest and best head shop in the bay. asked about it, fuckers wanted $350! i have found it from multiple places for $150, brand new online.

i understand that online is cheaper because no inventory, no employes, no rent and such, so i was willing to pay up to $250. assholes at big a's wouldn't even budge and called be a liar for telling them it was $150. gave them the ol finger and "FUCK YOU!"....

went to another shop, it was cheaper, but still wouldn't come down to $250, lowest was $275 they would go.....

ended up buying a sick HI SI bong for a really good price, $130! i just wanted a straight tube, no diffusers or any of that shit...

as i was in there someone bought an Extreme q and took it out of the box to package it up to send it to someone. i asked if i could have the box and he said "ya". i left and walked past Big Al's and yelled to them and pointed at the box i had "$150 FUCKERS"!

so, no vape today, most likely will get here in the middle of the week..... :tiphat:

Funny shit. Get it from Arizer, bro.
$299. Heating element has a lifetime warranty, and unit has a 2 year warranty.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Krunch,

I have not tried a better vape than the HOT GLASS vape sold via bubblebag.com or freshheadies.com (bubbleman's company). It was designed by an american glass blower named Brian who was living in Vancouver BC for a time.

I don't know if it's still available, but definitely worth looking into if you are serious about flavour and effect.

It's an attachment bowl you can use on any glass bong, with a separate heat source and glass 'wand' .... put the bowl in a nice glass Roor or similar, with an ice-catcher and it's really one of the nicest and most honest representation of what your weed actually tastes and smells like.

Contact bubbleman via pm and see if he still stocks them, or can put you in touch with Brian. I honestly think you;d be happier putting your money into his technology than anything else..... just my 2 cents.

-Chimera

RetroGrow

Veteran
i dont understand why they are $300 there...

they are $140-$160 all day long......
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...ew+arizer+extreme+q&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Not sure why there would be such a price discrepancy. Doesn't seem to make sense.
I would wonder about the warranty, or that possibly they are selling refurbished items?
I am going to ask Arizer about this on Monday.
How long are those Ebay sellers going to be in business? There has to be a reason, unless they buy them in bulk and then resell them. Or could the Ebay sellers possibly be DEA trolling for addresses? Wouldn't be the first time that happened. I'm going to look into this further.

AGBeer

Butane fired EQ? Buahahahahahahaahaha - that shit should be written in CHINESE damn it cause that is DEFINITELY a cheap knock off of the EQ.

Wow... And I thought the Fuji (Volcano knock off) was bad...
Thanks for the LOLs

And yet another reason to buy direct from Arizer or a REPUTABLE reseller.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Not sure why there would be such a price discrepancy. Doesn't seem to make sense.
I would wonder about the warranty, or that possibly they are selling refurbished items?
I am going to ask Arizer about this on Monday.
How long are those Ebay sellers going to be in business? There has to be a reason, unless they buy them in bulk and then resell them. Or could the Ebay sellers possibly be DEA trolling for addresses? Wouldn't be the first time that happened. I'm going to look into this further.

2011 model, full warranty, almost 3000 transaction with 100% positive feedback and 165 Extreme Q's sold...$146 and free shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-ARIZE...945?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f06b20a21

AGBeer

Sorry bro, but I would suggest you steer clear of Rubberneck/Myrubberneck as the last time I heard they are NOT an authorized reseller (as per Arizer)

I could be mistaken, but I would seriously check with Arizer about ANY reseller before you pull the trigger. I would hate to see you assed out if something happened.

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Sorry bro, but I would suggest you steer clear of Rubberneck/Myrubberneck as the last time I heard they are NOT an authorized reseller (as per Arizer)

I could be mistaken, but I would seriously check with Arizer about ANY reseller before you pull the trigger. I would hate to see you assed out if something happened.

You are 100% correct.He is NOT an authorized reseller.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I bought my EQ from myrubberneck. it is new in box, works perfectly. but there is no warranty. not very likely you will need the warranty though. I took the risk

RetroGrow

Veteran
"No Returns Accepted", as per their listing.
I still don't see how these people can get them so cheaply.
Less than half price than the manufacturer?
Sounds too good to be true, but am waiting to hear how it goes.
I'm going to talk with Arizer on Monday.
Already sent them an email.
As posted, the first one I bought was defective, and I had to return it, so the "no return" policy would kill the deal for me.
On the other hand, you could buy two, and have a backup!
Note: the description on their site, where it says "full warranty" is a cut and paste from Arizer's Website, yet above, if you look carefully, it says "no returns".
They are being deliberately misleading.
For that reason alone, I would not do business with them.
But I hope it works out for you if you already ordered.

Last edited:

RetroGrow

Veteran
Talk about customer service!
Debbie from Arizer answered my email on a Saturday night!
Here is her response:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

If you could forward me the link of the company/person you would like to purchase from and I will see if they are an authorized Arizer Distributor.

Normally anyone selling under our (MAP) price of $299.00 for the Extreme (or $199.00 for the V-Tower) is not an Authorized Arizer Distributor. If you want to order direct from us to ensure you receive what you order along with the full warranty offered you can visit our website at www.arizer.com

You will have a manufacturers warranty with your unit but if purchased from a person/company that is not an Authorized Arizer Distributor it can sometimes take a long time to received any service/support from them as they are not Authorized Distributors. So if you have any problems down the road and you require service/support from them it may take a long time or sometimes they are gone (fly by night companies). You will need to retain the dated proof of purchase (dated sales receipt) for any warranty work as well.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Best Regards
Debbie

N

NachoConQueso

The Q can be portable. They sell a battery pack for $100.

Try packing that shit in the elbow man. It the method for getting the thickest hits. You'll see what I'm talking about.

The Q gets my dog real stoned too.

krunchbubble

Veteran
just purchased the extreme Q from the ebay ad.....

talked to the kat, he honors the FULL warranty.....

at half price, brand new 2011 model WITH warranty, its a fucking steal!

does vaporizing make you wanna smoke some afterward ?? i'm still stuck on combustion/burning with flame

be peace homies