What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My gardening drills, the easy way....and a Help Desk if you're "needy" LOL. Questions? Fire away, I'm here to help.

Old Uncle Ben

Here I am manicuring a C99 last week and I see the tell tale mite dots on a few fan leaves. DAMN! Went on and harvested. My only plants left are 2 afghani's which I hit with afghani pollen. They look like shit compared "my" norm. One is pretty chunky though.

Speaking of mites, if any of you folks lurking have these pale white dots on your leaves, you got mites. 4 C99 plants got hit hard 4 years ago. Destroyed the quality. I try to emphasize the value of having healthy *productive* leaves until harvest but noobs just don't want to hear it. Their comfort zone resides with bro science promulgated by other noobs.

Mites.jpg

Mites2.jpg

CharlesU Farley

Here I am manicuring a C99 last week and I see the tell tale mite dots on a few fan leaves. DAMN! Went on and harvested. My only plants left are 2 afghani's which I hit with afghani pollen. They look like shit compared "my" norm. One is pretty chunky though.

Speaking of mites, if any of you folks lurking have these pale white dots on your leaves, you got mites. 4 C99 plants got hit hard 4 years ago. Destroyed the quality. I try to emphasize the value of having healthy *productive* leaves until harvest but noobs just don't want to hear it. Their comfort zone resides with bro science promulgated by other noobs.

View attachment 18976536
View attachment 18976537
Yowza, never had any problem with spider mites before. That would probably gross me out as much as head lice or crotch crickets. Never had to research this before, just like spider mites, haven't really had any insectoid problems since I stopped doing all that organic shit... bone meal, blood meal, bat shit, eye of newt, I think I tried them all.

Don't know whether you remember, but Vic High used to get a ozone generator to nail the fungus gnats, that were attracted by all that organic shit.

Have never researched spider mites before, how do ya fix it?

Old Uncle Ben

Yowza, never had any problem with spider mites before. That would probably gross me out as much as head lice or crotch crickets. Never had to research this before, just like spider mites, haven't really had any insectoid problems since I stopped doing all that organic shit... bone meal, blood meal, bat shit, eye of newt, I think I tried them all.

Don't know whether you remember, but Vic High used to get a ozone generator to nail the fungus gnats, that were attracted by all that organic shit.

Have never researched spider mites before, how do ya fix it?

They hate moisture so you can blast the juvenile plants with water early morning to they have time to dry by nightfall or use a spray of Forbid 4F.

I brought the gnats on myself by planting in old recycled soil. If I use fresh Berger BM-7 with vermiculite and other goodies I don't have the problem. My fruit trees are magnets for mites. They love citrus and cannabis, as do I. :)

OrangesDec24#4.jpg

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

Yesterday I harvested a 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90 lady and thru the goo I picked out some plump brown seeds that I hit with a male 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90, so it's a backcross. These were errant seeds, not found in the branches I hit and flagged but others around it. Can't imagine what's going to fall out when it dries/cures! I got 2 hangers, like 15 branches of nuggets and a big colander of buds clipped off drying via a fan.

I also hit a pathetic looking pure Afghan from the Real Seeds Afghan mix collection. Will harvest that today, mainly for seeds. For some strange reason the flowers or buds are nil.

HarvestMasterKush.jpg
HarvestMasterKushMarch23#2.jpg
HarvestMasterKushMarch23#3.jpg
HarvestMasterKushMarch23.jpg

Grow hard,
Uncle Ben

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

Harvested a double cola (topped), Real Seeds Afghan Mix yesterday. https://kwikseeds.com/product/afghan-mix-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/ Out of 5 seeds sowed, only this one popped. Was pollinated with a male "1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90". I expect some fine stuff out of this cross. Yield was a lot more than expected. A few seeds fished out are very small, mostly a nice brown.

Purple leaves of this landrace reminded me of a blueberry. Weird smell, like a cross between citrus, spice and skunk. Not real strong unlike my Lapis Mtn. indica which you could smell 200' away, buds sitting in a baggie!

Background is a large solid black walnut patio table, live edge, about 2.25" thick mounted on an eclectic metal base. Been woodworking for decades. Finished it with my favorite tung oil varnish, Waterlox Original Sealer and Waterlox Marine spar varnish.

HarvestAfghanMarch24#2.jpg

HarvestAfghanMarch24.jpg

Drinking straw anyone?

HarvestAfghanMarch24#3.jpg

HarvestAfghanMarch24#4.jpg

Stay safe,
UB

Old Uncle Ben

she is a looker for sure UB

any noticeable fragrances being emitted?…

Thanks, progeny should be fun.

Like I said "Weird smell, like a cross between citrus, spice and skunk. Not real strong unlike my Lapis Mtn. indica which you could smell 200' away, buds sitting in a baggie!"

oldmaninbc

Thanks, progeny should be fun.

Like I said "Weird smell, like a cross between citrus, spice and skunk. Not real strong unlike my Lapis Mtn. indica which you could smell 200' away, buds sitting in a baggie!"
Any thoughts on if TRSC Afghans would tolerate high temps in a grow tent?

I Care

Super thrive has changed the foliage pro!
You posted the old formula somewhere, it’s lacking many of the nutrients I saw in what you posted before, kinda bummed out.

Edit: Should I run it anyway?

Attachments

• IMG_1244.png
    IMG_1244.png
    654 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

Super thrive has changed the foliage pro!
You posted the old formula somewhere, it’s lacking many of the nutrients I saw in what you posted before, kinda bummed out.

Edit: Should I run it anyway?

Haven't looked at an old label but if memory serves me correct it's all there. I'm using the Superthrive label. Got it about a month ago.

Old Uncle Ben

Small branch of 15. Am harvesting an original C99 backcross. Again it was fed with Osmocote. Colas/buds been air drying with a fan on them for about 2 weeks. Will be bagging today.

Am getting some really nice fat seeds on the indica crosses.

C99CuredApril3.jpg

Last edited: