What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My gardening drills, the easy way....and a Help Desk if you're "needy" LOL. Questions? Fire away, I'm here to help.

I Care

Oh, sorry. I thought you posted a more complete list somewhere that included some S content. Likely was thinking of another nutrient you have presented to the forum. After driving around local, I should have paid the shipping, wouldn’t have been nice to water in and spray the leaves with a bit of that today.

Old Uncle Ben

Oh, sorry. I thought you posted a more complete list somewhere that included some S content. Likely was thinking of another nutrient you have presented to the forum. After driving around local, I should have paid the shipping, wouldn’t have been nice to water in and spray the leaves with a bit of that today.

It does contain S via some of the salts such as magnesium sulfate, copper sulfate. The food is about as complete as it gets including a rare micro like Mo. One element it should contain and doesn't is B. Not sure why as most soluble foods do. Boron is required for reproduction aka flowers/seeds. Being that plants need very little B, it's probably getting some from some source. For example my well water contains B. I still add some a month or two before my tropical trees flower in the form of Solubor. Never added it growing pot.

Osmocote contains B as do all foods I've ever seen. Again, the amount is almost moot, .02%. https://www.domyown.com/msds/osmocote_standard_info_sheet.pdf

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

It does contain S via some of the salts such as magnesium sulfate, copper sulfate. The food is about as complete as it gets including a rare micro like Mo. One element it should contain and doesn't is B. Not sure why as most soluble foods do. Boron is required for reproduction aka flowers/seeds. Being that plants need very little B, it's probably getting some from some source. For example my well water contains B. I still add some a month or two before my tropical trees flower in the form of Solubor. Never added it growing pot.

Osmocote contains B as do all foods I've ever seen. Again, the amount is almost moot, .02%. https://www.domyown.com/msds/osmocote_standard_info_sheet.pdf
I like to grow sunflowers for their cheery nature as well as the seeds to feed to the birds. The gardening catalog that I purchase from, suggests feeding boron to the young sunflower plants to promote better
flower & seed size.