What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My friend for 12 years

paper thorn

Veteran
Thanks friends.

Weird the first day after she's gone. all her spots, her bed, her cat bed that she took from the cats, Bruno's old bed on the back porch where she passed. No pup.

I remember when my wife brought her home from my brother's where he had a litter of pups from a stray pit bull he had acquired. I thought, no! not not a dog! we had one already and were a bit cramped, between kids and cats and a dog. But she was a cutie, and always wanted to play tug of war with her rope. She'd yank your arm out of place, wear you out. She was my shadow, I went to the bathroom, the dog had to come in too. I go outside, the dog had to go too. She never really liked outside too much and would annoy me till we went back in.

I could go on, she was my favorite and most loyal dog, you might say we shared a co-dependency. My wife is certain that i loved Martha more than her. Maybe a little more.

my wife brought home a big hairy Husky mix, i think he's half Pitty. Dog was a pound rescue, and moved in like he grew up here. I didn't want another dog, because I can't bear the loss when that day comes. But damn it, he's a great dog. She can pick good dogs.

anyway, thanks again fam

jimdc

so sorry. my girl of 13 passed away 2 months ago. got a new pup 3 weeks ago and it is helping alot.

Latest posts

Latest posts