What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first legal grow!

rob feature

Yeah, she's a sugary mother. And I'm starting to think she may be finishing before that. The hairs are turning red & lots more every day. I did ask for short-finishing strains. I'm keeping an eye on the trichomes - microscope every day now. That little pocket job isn't the easiest thing to look though for extended periods and I can spend hours looking at shit. I'm shopping for better microscopes now - found some cool stuff on Craigslist that I'm gonna try to check out soon.

its trypp

Yeah, she's a sugary mother. And I'm starting to think she may be finishing before that. The hairs are turning red & lots more every day. I did ask for short-finishing strains. I'm keeping an eye on the trichomes - microscope every day now. That little pocket job isn't the easiest thing to look though for extended periods and I can spend hours looking at shit. I'm shopping for better microscopes now - found some cool stuff on Craigslist that I'm gonna try to check out soon.

haha new toys are also fun. I really hope you are able to get some trichome pics :D That would be amazing

rob feature

I just ran across something really cool & thought I'd share with the rest of the class. Although the last attempt at some sort of a fernagled macro lens via the phone was a resounding failure, I decided not to give up so easily. I gots nothing to lose trying it on the microscope, eh?

And whadaya know?

Trichomes :biggrin:

i-WPnBp2h-XL.jpg

Some amber ones actually

i-tBVghJ2-XL.jpg

Most are still clear though

i-7X92w26-XL.jpg

I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this new discovery. Still looking for a good microscope with a real camera, but for now this will do. :dance013:

its trypp

Nice rob! hehe they are starting to get nice and frosty. Can't wait for mine to start bud cycle ! (still probably around 30 days for that though; at least hopefully so I can get some good growth!)

rob feature

So how's about a little update!

Things sure have changed in the tent. RO water seems to have been a game-changer, but not without a lesson while I wait.

While I'm quite sure this will be a long-term awesome, the transition hasn't been as smooth as flipping a switch. I'm not sure what precisely has been going on, but I'm thinking that I was overfeeding with the house water while it was locking stuff out. So I just dove in with the RO at the same concentration. Turns out that may have been a mistake.

At one point the Blueberry was the healthiest plant in the garden. Now, I'm not so sure. I think she takes longer to react, but started down the same road as the diesel :yoinks:

i-SM9JXpv-XL.jpg

She's back in recovery now. Her leaves had turned a pale yellow & the brown & spots started showing up & fast. That trend has now reversed thankfully. I've cut her food to 1/3 what I was feeding for now. She's still the boss, but had me worried. Still does a little.

But I'm getting some really good vibes from the diesel. Look how much she's grown!

i-sFNFWnf-XL.jpg

The same happened to her. To clarify, I've had 2 hickups with these plants - back to back. I just didn't post about the 2nd one as I assumed it was the transition. She's also been on 1/3 food. Packing on crazy mass though. She shocks me every time I open the tent.

I still have to wonder how much I affected yield by these setbacks. On 2nd thought, better not dwell on that :biggrin:

rob feature

Thanks! I noticed you opted to hold off on the training. I'm thinking about trying that method next time...sort of thought training around the rim of the pot would be kinda fun - then again how to water it? :biggrin:

I hacked the piss out of these early. It seems to have worked, but I'd like to see the difference in LST & everything else (I did most of it).

Gotta stop in on yer grow here shortly. But first, a few more pics...

rob feature

I'm not really sold on this gel yet. It's just too orange. Oh well filter TN-A1...we had a good ride.

AKCL

i-DxLc3jD-XL.jpg

She has been affected as well by the water situation, but has been more resistant. I even dare say she liked it. That or it was just timed with a growth spurt. But the buds shot up out of the canopy with uncanny timing - maybe 4 inches over 3 days! The buds are still stacking on nicely & she's drinking water like never before.

But the mad shocker has been the Master Kush. It's almost as tall as the Blueberry & it's growing FAST! This isn't a flattering angle either...lots of goodies hiding in there.

i-rB6CXb3-XL.jpg

The buds are growing just as fast as the rest of the plant...vertical & density. :woohoo:

I'm making a bet with myself. I'm saying that this time next week, the Master Kush will be as tall as the Blueberry. I'll even go on saying it looks like the buds will catch up too. This thing has totally kersploded :greenstars:

If I'm wrong, I'll buy myself a beer

The whole peanut gallery

i-TnTMmB4-XL.jpg

AKCL & Master Kush up front (L-R)

MCD & BB ridin' bitch (L-R)

its trypp

Ah man looking beautiful for sure. You will have to let us know how much you yield... I am growing the strawberry blue to make clones for when my trans siberian is done, and planning on keeping 6 to bring to full harvest. Cant wait for that grow journal :D

rob feature

If you'd told me yesterday that I'd be applying physics to pot or any plant for that matter, I'd have told you no further than physical construction or bud support. However, I was wrong. On the homework list this week - the physics of pollen. This could happen with a pot plant too - if say something bent a stem & released it.

i-BVSpCCC-XL.jpg

In the extremely unlikely case that you even care, here's how to work through it :biggrin:

i-w5b2VHv-XL.jpg

rob feature

I guess it's been a while since I've done any real updating. Not a lot of new pictures to share as I've been a bit busy lately, but I do have a thing or 2 to say.

First of all, I've decided to start water only with the AKCL.

i-n8t7TxN-XL.jpg

I'm seeing lots of cloudy trichomes on her and some amber, so I think she's getting close. She's still growing like wow though. I hope I'm not doing this too soon.

Kind of 2 stories in this picture

i-NrXsLxx-XL.jpg

That's the Master Kush in the foreground as of a few days ago. She's looking wonderful & trying her best to take over the garden. However, if you look behind her, you can see the Blueberry still isn't doing so well. She hasn't grown in probably 2 weeks. I tried stepping down the food - nothing. So this morning I gave her an RO flush. This is the first time I've measured the runoff and it was at 5.8 - lower than the 6.3ish target. I'm hoping this will solve any lockout problems as there isn't much flower time left. She may be done with the food as well as her hairs are getting close to half brown - need to have a look at the trichomes tonight. Maybe she'll show me some progress this evening?

More good news though - she's the only problem in the garden right now. Yes, I knocked on wood. If nothing else, I've learned a great deal about water over the last few weeks. The diesel is getting nice & fat & growing fast and all the yellow has gone back to green. She's showing no signs of slowing down & no darker hairs on her at all yet. Man, my tap must be some nasty stuff.

Ziggidy

Rob very great thread you had there, very informative & great pictures. I'm just starting a indoor grow of my own actually, just got my plants under a 1000w HPS. Wondering if you could take a look at my post and see what you think. very impressive work here would love to do something half this impressive haha. Not quite sure how the site works yet but my username is Ziggidy.

Thanks,

Happy Growing

rob feature

Thanks Ziggidy! Your stuff's looking great! If you can take anything from this thread, take home the part about the water. I think this whole thing would have gone without a hitch had I started with good water. It was a great learning experience, but most likely an expensive one in terms of yield.

its trypp

Well Rob, we all learn somehow lol. Starting with my next grow I am using straight RO water as a base instead of tap. And I finally decided how I am going to grow them lol.

Lookin at a hydro set-up. :) Ill keep ya posted :)

Latest posts

Latest posts