What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first legal grow!

rob feature

With my cuttingss if i have a light on 12 hours a 24 hour period. I run my lights at night. so during the day when there off... i just bring the cuts outside each day for a hour or two and put it in indirect sunlight. in solo cups... not hard to move a few ladies everyday ...
adding 1-2 hours of light in the middle of the dark cycle has proven to work very well for me.

Hey, that's an idea! I don't wanna take 'em outside, but it does get pretty bright in here during the day. No direct light, but you kinda need sunglasses in most of the place for about half the day.

I can go over to a fluorescent after flowering is done. If I wind up doing this, I'm gonna be vegging for a while. Like until early October. Is vegging for 4-6 months even practical/possible? Never mind, I'm pretty sure it is. I imagine that could make for one helluva bush. Need bigger pots? Definitely need some sort of structure. Food for thought...

I had a plant that (was hydro) i vegged in october of 2013 harvested january 2014 and revegged. is now in full vedge i transplanted it into dirt. and im going to run the same plant in my outdoor. because.. why the fuck not... I just want to know whats up.. hahaahah my goal is to have this plant alive for 365 days :)

rob feature

365 days - that's pretty cool. Hope you pull it off.

You mention re-vegging & that's something I've considered as well. I'm a little intimidated by the idea of root pruning, but I guess there's a first time for everything. Then again, I've read that you don't need to do that. Then again, I'd really like to at least double the volume of soil I'm using so that means some sort of transplant.

The clones are mostly toys at the moment, but could become something much more substantial. I still haven't entirely decided how I'm gonna approach the next one. I did the clones to see if I could pull it off under less than ideal conditions. I just went back & looked at my journal & the MK took 20 days to produce roots. This is just hanging out in the living room on a desk under a plain ol' lamp with a 27w CFL...dome misted 2x/day...room temp, so it has varied from upper 50s to upper 60s - mostly the lower part of that range :biggrin:.

reveggin looks CRAZY AS FUCK... and is a complete waste of time... UNLESS you lost clones of something you REALLY liked and want to get new clones of it. I should make a thread and explain it all haha. but now that i have clones again... what to do with this monstrosety... put it in the ground i guess...

rob feature

I got to spend a little quality time with the ladies this evening. I didn't really take the time for a proper photo session, but took a couple of snaps with a flash for the sake of breaking up some of this text :biggrin:

I've spent a lot more time staring at this plant than most of you, so it's probably more obvious to me. The cheesy snapshots kill detail as well, but I didn't have the patience to use a tripod tonight. But the degree of improvement in her has been startling. I expected to see something within a week or 2, but dang.

i-HnJW7HR-XL.gif

There were many more downturned leaves before & they were more pronounced. And again color is coming back into some of the leaves that were yellowing. Browning & curling seem to have stopped - fingers crossed. Again not to put it all on the water. It's been really warm here lately - hit 80 something today...close to that in here right now :toohot:

Snow coming Sunday though - might have to pull out the sticks again :skiiing:

The view from just above the canopy. I'll admit I was expecting them to be much taller by now, but not near as fat.

i-pbVCXqn-XL.gif

Left to right, top to bottom: MCD, BB, AKCL, MK.

I've been slowly transitioning over to the week 5 - 6 feeding regimen. Sunday morning will mark the one month point (28 days). Hopefully just get to sit back & watch 'em get fat now

rob feature

Another little update on the recovery

Here's the diesel a few days later

i-VBG9wRB-XL.gif

The spots which were browning before are still there, but are much less pronounced. Clawing is almost gone, which is awesome, because it was all over on this plant. Most of the yellow is gone now :woohoo:

Looking much better in the middle. Most of these leaves were turning down at the tips a few days ago & now they've almost all stopped that. Referencing post 61, it's pretty obvious.

i-LFh9mWB-XL.gif

AKCL was taking a beating as well, but I didn't notice it because it was going on inside that thick canopy. I didn't really notice it until I got in there with a flashlight. It didn't seem to be horribly bothered by the whole deal at first, but as I looked more closely, I noticed leaves yellowing and starting to brown. This has all reversed & is almost gone. I just wish the images were a good reflection of what I'm seeing in the tent. These are at least twice as fat as the camera is making them look.

i-8t5pcVF-XL.gif

FLAgreenthumb

So a little time has passed after a switch to RO for all the ladies. I'm happy to say that appears to be working wonders at the moment. Unfortunately I didn't have time to snap pictures before lights out this morning. But I can definitively say that switching the water seems to have made a major difference. The removal from the floor can't be discounted either, so I'm not sure which deserves more credit, but the important thing is - something worked! :woohoo:

The first thing I noticed this morning was a re-greening of the diesel! Some of the leaves will be beyond repair, but some that were kinda on the edge have returned from their death beds! The rest seem to be growing more vigorously. BB put on almost 2 vertical inches since I switched over (minus the books :biggrin:).

Greenthumb, you earned your title here sir :bow:. You da man! May the yield gods throw you an extra pound your next harvest. 'Cause I think you may have saved my harvest. I can't thank you enough for all your help. Props to everyone who posts in here actually. Whether or not I wind up implementing certain ideas, they always get me thinking.

Thank you brother :) I'm glad everything worked out.
One hand washes the other. I always try to help, and make friends where ever I can.... Im glad that I was able to help you brother, but dont short change yourself. I offered suggestions, but you are the one who made the changes that allowed the plants to heal...:bow:

You really did a hell of a job here rob, and I'm glad I could be a part of making your first real grow a successful one...

Greenthumb

rob feature

You really did a hell of a job here rob, and I'm glad I could be a part of making your first real grow a successful one...

Greenthumb

Really happy to hear that - quite awesome. Maybe all the time spent browsing these forums is paying off...lots of info here. Glad you could be a part of it too - really glad :biggrin:. The rapid growth is back. I figured it was just a slow phase, but seems it was my shitty water. Actually, the filtered stuff may have worked, but I think the MCD I think was trying to tell me (for the whole room) that my water foo is weak...doesn't make me feel any better about drinking it. I see an RO system going in here before too long.

its trypp

That all... looks really tasty :O Cant wait to hear how they yield for you! Cant wait til my plant gets even to the same size as your runt lol. :) Cheers!

rob feature

That all... looks really tasty :O Cant wait to hear how they yield for you! Cant wait til my plant gets even to the same size as your runt lol. :) Cheers!

Me either! I have no idea how to estimate yield while the buds are still on the plant, but judging from what I've seen in other grows, I expect it to be better than awful. Now if I can just keep from stinkin' it up in the next few stages, maybe I'll get to enjoy some of this :biggrin:

Best of luck with your grow!

FLAgreenthumb

Whoa! Good morning ladies!! lol Bro, the group photo is nice :) They all look soooooo much better... the leaves are a nice deep dark green and the plants have opened up beautifully.... Nice buds bro :) Wish I wasnt 1k mi away, id love to help you with a taste test when you harvest... tee hee... lookin good bro....

Greenthumb

rob feature

Whoa! Good morning ladies!! lol Bro, the group photo is nice :) They all look soooooo much better... the leaves are a nice deep dark green and the plants have opened up beautifully.... Nice buds bro :) Wish I wasnt 1k mi away, id love to help you with a taste test when you harvest... tee hee... lookin good bro....

Greenthumb

Good stuff! If you happen to find yourself out here in June or later, we can probably make that happen :biggrin:

Seems like all the cool kids are coming for vacation anymore. So much that it's shortened my ski season. All the traffic & crowds have kept me doing other things this Winter - only a very sad 11 days so far during a great snow year. Good news if you're in the tourist business, I guess.

its trypp

Rob, if I remember you are in CO right? Damn do I miss living there haha. Was stationed on Ft Carson from 2009-2012 before injuries forced me out of the army, and I absolutely loved it :) I am planning on moving back hopefully in september but most likely will be closer to the beginning of next year.

Anyways, I think the hardest part for me for my first grow is going to be making that first clip during harvest haha. As much as the end product is the reason we grow, I can't help but have certain respect for the plants after raising them for so long lol. :)

rob feature

Rob, if I remember you are in CO right? Damn do I miss living there haha. Was stationed on Ft Carson from 2009-2012 before injuries forced me out of the army, and I absolutely loved it :) I am planning on moving back hopefully in september but most likely will be closer to the beginning of next year.

Anyways, I think the hardest part for me for my first grow is going to be making that first clip during harvest haha. As much as the end product is the reason we grow, I can't help but have certain respect for the plants after raising them for so long lol. :)

Yeah, I was telling a buddy the other day how hard it was gonna be to cut 'em down. Then again, that's the only way I'm gonna get it in me, so gotta be done I guess. At least I'll have the pictures.

Awesome you're moving back to CO. I've been here for 3 years now & plan on staying. Hell, I haven't even left the state yet and I'm a travel whore. I have gotten to know CO pretty well in those 3 years though :biggrin:

its trypp

Yeah, I was telling a buddy the other day how hard it was gonna be to cut 'em down. Then again, that's the only way I'm gonna get it in me, so gotta be done I guess. At least I'll have the pictures.

Awesome you're moving back to CO. I've been here for 3 years now & plan on staying. Hell, I haven't even left the state yet and I'm a travel whore. I have gotten to know CO pretty well in those 3 years though :biggrin:

Haha I never wanted to leave. But an early retirement meant that I didn't have my finances in order well enough to stay, so moved back with family for a bit to get on my feet. I absolutely love CO, couldn't imagine a better place in the states to live (well.... possibly Washington is equal.... but nowhere better haha).

rob feature

Yeah, I could maybe do WA. Might be hard to get on board with all the rain though. I like the high & dry of Colorado - works well for me.

Speaking of high

AK 47 x Cherry Lime - Day 32 flower

i-Xzn8ZnD-XL.jpg

I found a gel about the same color temp as the light hiding in the flash case - score!

its trypp

Haha xD I love the rain so thats why I would love WA. But ultimately I liked CO too much hah xD

Omgoodness that looks tasy :3