What's new

My First Grow

Liza

what are you shooting with for those macro shots?

Just a cheap Samsung digital camera (cheapest I could find). I take a macro photo that's 16MB big and then I cut these pictures out of it.

(Edit: I think I can do better next time 'cause I wasn't trying to get a shot of the trichomes, it was just a lucky coincidence.)

Baino

Just a cheap Samsung digital camera (cheapest I could find). I take a macro photo that's 16MB big and then I cut these pictures out of it.

(Edit: I think I can do better next time 'cause I wasn't trying to get a shot of the trichomes, it was just a lucky coincidence.)

he he.. nice..:biggrin:

Liza

Thanks kushedphantom. Can't wait for those calyxes to start swelling. This strain is supposed to have really big colas. It's not the biggest yielder according to the seedbank's description, 350gr per square meter, although I would be over the moon with that much. It is also said to be very potent. Looking forward to some good home-grown medicine soon.

Liza

Day 34 of 12/12 (day 61 total)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tomorrow I will get a plant out of the tent and do a picture update of the end of week 5 of flowering.

Liza

Thanks Coba and Crowmax. Should be 3 weeks left to harvest (I hope). I'm looking around for some screens to make dry sift hash. As you can see there is a lot of resin on the leaves. I was going to go the bubble bag route but it's a little too expensive for my taste. And I'm actually looking forward to making some dry sift while I'm watching tv and playing around with the resin.

Day 35 of 12/12 (day 62 total)

picture.php

picture.php

Starting tomorrow I'll be feeding with PK 13/14 along with my regular flower nutes. I'll be feeding with this for a week. Then after that I'll start to taper the nutes for a week and the last week I will give plain tap water.

vukman

Veteran
OKay, I have to get in on this and say that is some damn fine looking growing you've got there!! :yes:.......I've read a bit of your postings and see that this really isn't your 'first' grow technically but I know what you mean.... Things we did many moons ago don't really count anymore..;)

Spectacular trichome density there. I've always loved pictures like that when it looks like they are all frost covered. I bet they smell real nice too..:)..

Again, fantastic!! Just keep up the great job!

Good Luck

Liza

Thanks vukman. It's a hash plant for sure. Technically it's not my first grow but it is the first grow where I am trying to control the environment and climate and using nutes. It's also the first time I have a goal other than popping some seeds and see what happens. I hope to grow some fine meds I can be proud of and share with my family.

Here's another crude picture I made showing the progress in flower so far.

picture.php

Liza

I have read a little about vertical but don't know enough about it to really consider it yet. I've read a lot before I started this grow and felt now it was time for some hands on practice. Maybe in the future I'll try different ways of growing and study those more. That said I don't know when I'll be able to do another indoor grow after this one. My romantic situation has changed and having a grow tent in your bedroom isn't exactly romantic. So probably I'm going to have to do the outdoor thing next time. Shame cause I rather enjoy this. Or move to a bigger house...

Jbonez

Veteran
I have read a little about vertical but don't know enough about it to really consider it yet. I've read a lot before I started this grow and felt now it was time for some hands on practice. Maybe in the future I'll try different ways of growing and study those more. That said I don't know when I'll be able to do another indoor grow after this one. My romantic situation has changed and having a grow tent in your bedroom isn't exactly romantic. So probably I'm going to have to do the outdoor thing next time. Shame cause I rather enjoy this. Or move to a bigger house...

Shit, tell me about it, just kicked my wifes shit out of our master bed closet for the time being.. Gotta grow.. lol.

Anywho, you clearly have the greenthumb if thats the case and Id be willing to bet youd be great with any style you choose, I think someone with good comprehension would benefit.. But another time maybe, be keepin up with ya to see your progress!

Liza

"Anywho, you clearly have the greenthumb"

Yeah I hope some scout will pick me up here and offer me a job on some plantation in Spain or California :biggrin:

PM me...