What's new

My First Grow

Liza

Hi everyone

This is my first grow and I would like to keep tab on my progress:watchplant: Also any advice or criticism is more than welcome.

I'm growing one Afghani from seed (feminized) in a tent under an 600w HPS light. The tent has active exhaust fan and passive intake. It has a fan for air circulation and a carbon filter. The growing medium is soil mixed with perlite and clay pebbles.

I don't have pictures from the first days because I haven't had a camera in years. Anyway bought (a very cheap) one.

The plant is now 23 days old and has been on 18/6 lights on/off. I am giving it ferts now and then. She started showing preflowers on day 21. She is about 11 inches or 30cm high. I plan to veg for at least 30 days, probably 35. Enjoy the pics, starting to wish I had bought a more expensive camera.

Day 23 of 18/6 (day 23 total)

picture.php

Showing preflowers

picture.php

picture.php

Nice Indica leaves

picture.php

Crowmax

Veteran
Welcome liza :tiphat: nice looking and healthy plant, hope it will reward you well in the harvest

Liza

Thanks guys, good to be here! :wave:
Harvest can't come soon enough :smokeit: Hope she keeps doing good.

W

Womble

what's up Liza? off to a great start there...nice work :biggrin:
(you have to keep lifting the fan leaves to water? it looks like you maybe transplanted her a little low in the pot)...will be watching :)

Liza

Thank you Alx and Womble. Yes it's very annoying to water this way. I should have added more soil but there is over 6 gallons in the pot already. Next time I'll be sure to plant her higher though. When she goes into bloom I plan to cut away a lot of the lower growth. In fact I have already cut the lowest two branches and pinched some suckers. Keep watching :)

W

Womble

you got the rest of your life to dial it all in Liza...enjoy finding your true nature.

Liza

Thanks, to show my appreciation I just ordered some seeds from the IC Mag server fund raiser on Seedbay for my next grow :dance013:
They're called Pussykat Sue by Kabookie (Dr. Green Thumb Seeds Bubba Kush Katsu x Reeferman Seeds Early Purple Kush).

Liza

Glad to have you here!

Thought I'd throw some music in here.

Dezarie - For The People By The People

[youtubeif]Nu8nqmQp9bU[/youtubeif]

Last edited by a moderator:

Treats

Good choice on the Afghani Liza, seems like it will tick all the boxes.

Nice, good looking plant you have on the go. Keep up the good work

Liza

Thanks I'll try. She's a fast growing bushy plant all right. It's an Afghani hybrid. Hope she will yield good and potent.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Liza welcome to IC, I am just finishing my first grow here myself! So much good info here, read up!!! I will be checking your girl out, I'm interested in how long she flowers, nice looking indica there. Is she your only one? If so you might think about repotting to a bigger pot and take full advantage! She should come out real nice under there by herself!

Liza

Hi! Yes there is a lot of great info on here. I don't think I am going to have the patience to grow her out to her full potential this time around. I'd like something to smoke by the holiday season..

Liza

Thanks GTBH. I'll post some more pics in a couple of days. Probably going to start 12/12 lights on/off next week.

Liza

Day 27 of 18/6 (day 27 total)

picture.php

I'll probably switch to 12/12 on Monday.

"The thought that the people put in office to protect us, would rather have us buy our medicine on the street from drug dealers with guns than grow it ourselves, gives me diarrhea along with my vomiting." - Stoney McHaze

Liza

I've switched to 12/12 on Saturday, so on day 28 after 27 days of veg. I'm still giving grow ferts until I start seeing fuzz and then I'll switch to bloom ferts. She's now 20 inch or 50 cm.

Day 3 of 12/12 (day 30 total)

picture.php

Some music

[YOUTUBEIF]Yp1z1thysUQ[/YOUTUBEIF]