What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first go at LEDs!

PaqueteMan

looking great. hope the PM monster stays away and lets this run finish nicely

I believe I'll be able to finish keeping it under control. It's only the base of the stems that are affected and I suspect it may be due to the rockwool blocks they use for cloning. I may have to ask them -politely of course- to start using jiffys.

Thanks mate!

PaqueteMan

63 days into onset

63 days into onset

Hi!

The end is near... I believe one more week to go.

General view
picture.php

Cream Caramels
picture.php

Cream Caramel's top
picture.php

Shiskaberries
picture.php

Shiskaberry's top
picture.php

Cheers!

Dysnomia

Looking superb Paqueteman! The buds really filled up! And still a week to go too! The Shiskaberry looks extra lovely with nice trich coverage! What smells is she kickin' ?

Dare to take any guesses on yield yet?

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

PaqueteMan

Looking superb Paqueteman! The buds really filled up! And still a week to go too! The Shiskaberry looks extra lovely with nice trich coverage! What smells is she kickin' ?

Dare to take any guesses on yield yet?

Regards,

Thanks a lot Dysnomia. The Shiskaberry is a variety I love in spite of the fact I've only grown it once. In theory the smell should be intense but this time it's not. It still smells nice, sweet, more flowery than fruity, but it's not the same. I don't know if it's due to the high temperatures -now arround 80º- or that there was some kind of mistake and they gave me cuttlings of another variety. I'll just have to wait and see...

As for the yield estimate -always a tough one to guess though- I expect between 3.5 and 4 ounces. Let's see. Nothing spectacular but not bad for the first time.

Very nice colors :)

Cheers mate!

Last edited:

vukman

Veteran
excellent growing there my friend...I just finished my first LED grow as well. I am drying it now but the humidity is rather high here the past 2 days so it might take a little longer to dry. I know what you mean about smell though. All the way to the end, mine really didn't smell either until around 2-3 days before I harvested, then that morning I opened the tent and it smelled like a skunk exploded in there overnight!!!!! LOL

Looks awesome, both varieties but the S-berries appear to be a little better or at least to my eye anyway...

Good Luck

PaqueteMan

excellent growing there my friend...I just finished my first LED grow as well. I am drying it now but the humidity is rather high here the past 2 days so it might take a little longer to dry. I know what you mean about smell though. All the way to the end, mine really didn't smell either until around 2-3 days before I harvested, then that morning I opened the tent and it smelled like a skunk exploded in there overnight!!!!! LOL

Looks awesome, both varieties but the S-berries appear to be a little better or at least to my eye anyway...

Good Luck

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I agree with you, the Shiskas are a little better but I think it's just because they're not so tall. I have vegged them a little too much...

Cheers!

PaqueteMan

Final day after 70 days into onset

Hi!

Big day today... I just cut the plants after 70 days in 12/12. They're not quite ready yet but I can't wait any longer as I'm out of the country in a week time. I guess it's the LEDs or the high temepratures what made this grow to take longer than usual to ripe.

Anyway, it's all getting dry now. Right before I set off next week I'll put the weed in jars for three weeks until I'm back. Let's hope I have premium weed waiting for me then...

Enough chatter! Let's go to the pics!

Some pics I took a couple days back

Cream Caramel's top

Shiskaberry's top

Last edited:

PaqueteMan

... and some pics I took today

Right before the cut

Right after the cut

Right after the cut

Detail of one of the lower Cream Caramel's nugget

Last edited:

Dysnomia

Looking great Paqueteman! Those colas filled up pretty nicely!

I bet you're gonna have some killer smoke when you get back from your travels! It was the right choice to chop now rather than later. You don't want to put semi-dry buds in jars for 3 weeks without burping them. I hope a week of drying time will be enough to get them properly dry.

Congrats on a nice harvest,

PaqueteMan

Looking great Paqueteman! Those colas filled up pretty nicely!

I bet you're gonna have some killer smoke when you get back from your travels! It was the right choice to chop now rather than later. You don't want to put semi-dry buds in jars for 3 weeks without burping them. I hope a week of drying time will be enough to get them properly dry.

Congrats on a nice harvest,

Yeah, it's one of many trade offs you have to do when growing, isn't it?
I figured one week is the shortest period in which I can dry the weed with some guaranty of quality. There's also the very real possibility that the weed's not really dried after one week. In that case I'll have to ask a friend for some help.

I wish I could've waited a bit longer before cutting, as I always aim to cut at the exact time, but I couldn't change the fact that I just have one more week to go.
I don't complain though. It's hollidays for me! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot!

TommyKarma

That looks seriously impressive. Think about the temperature problems you would have had with hps. You really use 3L pots? I'm doing my first indoor grow and use 25L pots. I'm now thinking I may have gone overboard. I grow from seed though. Have to make sure to keep an eye out for that PM thing. I'm going to subscribe to this thread just in case that happens, I'll know how to clean the stems.

vukman

Veteran
congratulations my friend!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
May the drying and curing Gods smile upon you and may your harvest be plentiful..:bow:

picture.php

PaqueteMan

That looks seriously impressive. Think about the temperature problems you would have had with hps. You really use 3L pots? I'm doing my first indoor grow and use 25L pots. I'm now thinking I may have gone overboard. I grow from seed though. Have to make sure to keep an eye out for that PM thing. I'm going to subscribe to this thread just in case that happens, I'll know how to clean the stems.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Yes, that's right. I had eight 3-litre plastic pots plus two 3.8-litre smartpots. I've always found they're a good size for indoor growing (never growed outdoors myself), at least with cutlings. I like cramming medium sized plants, around 80 cm high, into the grow-space and this pot size is more than enough for that. I think anything bigger would probably be a waste of substrate -in my case coco coir.

PM is really hard to get rid of but it has not been a problem in the end as it just affected the outter part of the base of the stems. It was thus easy to control and never spread out. I've read it can be a nightmare when out of control... The best you can do is to watch the plants and catch it early I guess...

Cheers!

PaqueteMan

One week after the crop

One week after the crop

Hi!

I managed to get the weed dried in a week and it's now into the jars. Tomorrow I'll open them for a little while and close them again for three weeks straight.

They're starting to smell better already. Now their scent is getting more complex, specially the Shiskas. Let's see what I find when I'm back...

The buds of the top are visibly tighter than those of the bottom that are small and fluffy, but still quite resinous though.

I haven't weighted them yet, even though I think they'd be dried enough, just beacuse I need to get my scale back. I'll post the final weight plus my opinion on the high and the aroma then.

I used separate jars for every plant. I'm just curious about how much variation can be among the plants. There's always time to put it all together.

This is the result

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts