What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first go at LEDs!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Yah this will be fo sho be an interesting grow for sure. I def wanna see how much u yield with this grow. as I just started a led grow my self.

PaqueteMan

:tiphat:

Here I am again!

The Cream caramels have quite an internodal distance but apart from that I think they look good, generally speaking. The Shiskaberries have reached around 70-75 cm long and the Cream caramels around 90-95. That's close to 150% bigger than before inducing onset.

Now they're gonna reach the start of the fifth week so I expect to see those buds grow as I increase the PK and the Topmax, since this week I don't believe they've developed much. Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see...

Thanks for coming by!

General view 28 days into onset

Close up of the lights

Last edited:

PaqueteMan

The Cream caramels
well actually the one of the left is a Shiskaberry "on stilts", I missed that point when I took the picture. You know, there's six Shiskas and only four Creams

Last edited:

PaqueteMan

Can't wait to see more updates!

I am about to start a grow show with some Field Marshall Seeds strains and I will be growing from start to finish under LEDs the entire time. I can't wait!

I agree as well that first compare watt to watt and go from there. In the end I could care less if a 1k can kill a 400w LED panel because it really doesn't make much difference.

I do want to see if they can create quality DENSE bud all year around, whether it compares to the many 600 and 1k and multi 1k runs I have done WHO KNOWS but man will it be fun!

Its a hobby and a blast to continue testing different grow ideas, I think LED's are going to replace the hps especially for tent/cabinet growers. I don't see the BIG GROW ROOMS who are currently running 10+ mag ballasts switching to LEDS anytime soon though lol.

KEEP UP the great grow man

Thanks and good luck with your crop mate. Give me a shout if you post some pictures!

Last edited:

PaqueteMan

Yah this will be fo sho be an interesting grow for sure. I def wanna see how much u yield with this grow. as I just started a led grow my self.

Yeah, I'll post the final weight and all. I have no qualms about it but I should warn you, I'm by no means a regular performer. My results weight-wise may vary wildly from one crop to another, specially if I fuck up and turn into onset too early:wallbash:, but that is not the case this time:dance:, if anything they are a bit bigger than I'd like them to be.

Cheers and good luck with your grow. I'd like to see those LED working!

Last edited:

PaqueteMan

I think depending on your power cost they will pay for themselves pretty fast. Just need the money up front for the investment.

I don't think that's my case just yet but it won't be long before the electricity bill goes up the roof, among other things BTW. We Spaniards don't have the brightest future ahead of us I'm afraid... :tumbleweed:
But we try and enjoy ourselves while we can. It's not any consolation but at least we're good at that.

PaqueteMan

(...)
I do want to see if they can create quality DENSE bud all year around, whether it compares to the many 600 and 1k and multi 1k runs I have done WHO KNOWS but man will it be fun!
(...)

Yeah, I'd like to see that kind of bud too :yummy:

BTW what sort of LED have you got?

Cheers!

PaqueteMan

Hi guys!

I few days ago I realized there's some sort of white powder covering the base of many main stems. I guess it's mould but I'm not sure.

Maybe it's been caused by excesive watering. I don't know.

Should I be worried? Can I get rid of it?

Thanks for your comments!

PaqueteMan

34 days into onset

34 days into onset

A few pics I took yesterday, 34 days flowering:

General view

General view -with a camera setting that allows more light-

Shiskaberry's top

Cream caramel's top

Cheers!

Dysnomia

Looks great! Your colas look much fatter than what I'm currently getting on my Caseys under 1 Evo90!

What are your opinions on SCROG vs SOG under these lights?

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

Paq,
Keep an eye on that white spot, that is Powdery Mildew.
PM will spread real fast, make sure you have your humidity in check and plenty of air movement.
looks good.
peace....

PaqueteMan

Paq,
Keep an eye on that white spot, that is Powdery Mildew.
PM will spread real fast, make sure you have your humidity in check and plenty of air movement.
looks good.
peace....

That PM can destroy your buds right quick make sure you keep an eye on it.

The humidifier's been switched off and the fan is blowing stronger. I appreciate the advice :)

I'll keep an eye on it. Right now it's only on the base of the main stems. I hope it doesn't spread to the leaves... and buds of course.

Is there something I can use to keep it at bay?

Thanks so much

Latest posts

Latest posts