What's new

My First Ever Dog!

Solidopc

K, i was one of them kids that was never allowed a dog becuse my mum loves cats so much. So now im all big and ugly. I finally decided to get me a mans best friend.

Wasn't much of a decsion on what kind of dog. I'm not fond of big dogs, i prefer small - medium types, and had my heart set on either a Jack Russell, Welsh Terrier or Pembrokesire Corgi. In the end i went with my first choice, a Jack Russell, ( short leggged type ) as it was allways the dog i wanted.

She is a special type of jack, a tipperary JR terrier. Instead of the usual tri colour aspect they are the same, but the tipperary is black and tan.

Got a girl, called her Meg, cos she reminds me of Meg off Family Guy, lol. Lovely affectionate dog. Here's some pictures.

A few people have moaned they arent goiod family pets, and i should of got a staff, but every tosser and their dad has a staff, and i hate the way they walk round thinking they are choclate with their big staff. My argument is, when do you ever hear of a jack russell attacking kids. Its allways these bloody bull terriers or dobermans. Plus, if you bring them up right, they should be nice.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

congratulations! wire coat or smooth coat?

wow, i've never seen that coloring on a jack before, very cute. he looks just like what a baby welsh would look like:) You are going to have your hands full, jacks are quite special, i wouldn't recommend for your first dog. it'd be like growing a 18 week pure sativa for your first grow. you can do it no problem, but do research.
i have heard jacks attacking, any breed can. they are a very very active, stubborn, and trouble makers. training them is quite difficult, and some people can't handle it, and give up. good early training is very important. i would get a book on jacks, and a good training book. Its important to understand jack russel terriers completely. it will help training her. you have to remember, its not the dog, its how the dog was raised.

also, if you can afford it, spare no expense on dog food. i recommend raw food. another name for it is B.A.R.F.(bones and raw food). its quite disgusting to handle, and a pin in the ass(has to be kept frozen, then you thaw it out so they can eat it. a lot of the companies were able to grow and expand their distribution areas after that horrible chinese tainted dog food incident. you would be amazed how poor quality most dog food is, and how many illnesses are caused from it. in 4 the 4 years i have used it, my dog has not had 1 issue. she only goes to the vet for the rabies shot.

have you decided whether you are going to sleep with the dog or not? i can't resist it, but there are a few downsides that come with it

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
congrats Solidopc, she's really cute :) have fun and be patient with her, ya got to know, JRT are crazy :dance013:

Solidopc

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Particulary Walt Cunningham.

I have read up quite a bit on the internet about how to raise JRT. But i could do with a book, as im not a seasoned dog person.

You did mention this

have you decided whether you are going to sleep with the dog or not? i can't resist it, but there are a few downsides that come with it

She sleeps with me everynight. Wrapped round my neck half the time. She's so affectionate and wants to be close to you all the time.

I am noticing a bit of craziness though, just in the way she plays, she growls while ragging her toy and chases you from place to place and somtimes growls at your feet.

If i have to,i will go to dog training classes, as she is a very special rare jack russell and i have fallen in love with her allready. She like a little doberman in colour, but a lovely jack stature and sturdy broad shoulders and front legs. Short legged type jack, but that is what i wanted. That or a Welsh terrier. She does have the same colouring as a Welshie, just couyldnt find one for sale at the time, and when i saw these special jacks i just had to buy her.

She smooth coated, not broken, someone asked that. Doesnt mault so far either and dont even smell! lol. Got some flea shampoo just incase for her though. lol.

For the person who asked what staffs are. They are staffordshire bull terriers. A medium sized dog, and the dog that all british people who cant get their hands on an illegal ( over here ) american pit bull, allways try breeding with their staffs so the cops cant take em cos they aint pedigree american pit bulls. They like a status dog for all the teenagers who think they are hard because they own a dog breed to fight.

woolybear

Veteran
I highly approve of this new amazing friendship. Remember that pups up to 1-2 years old need lots of exercise, usually, in addition to lots of belly rubs and kisses.

Please be a good owner and don't allow your pup to become one of those barky dog assholes. Always -quickly- correct your animal when it exerts undesirable behavior, including barking, jumping, biting, etc.

You want a cool, composed dog! Believe me, people appreciate a well-behaved canine.

word to your mother

Latest posts

Latest posts