What's new

my first cross

X

xinsanewickedx

been growing off and on for 7 years, and never messed with 'breeding', but now i'm starting to want to get into it, so i'm going to try and make my 1st cross of zindica & deep chunk.. what do you guys think?

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
what's zindica? what i've learned the past couple of years, anything DC touches turns to gold, lol

I'm sure it'll be great, post some pics

ArcticBlast

X

xinsanewickedx

i got it on og a few years ago i can look up its info.i will have pics for sure.

C

Classyathome

The bigger the difference in the strains, the more likely you are to have a very vigorous hybrid.

Sounds great - keep us posted.

X

xinsanewickedx

well i'm going to do a little bit of research before I start doing it, because I have no clue what i'm doing when it comes to breeding at this moment, so the difference between the strains I'm not too sure about, I know each are good. I will definitely keep ya updated.

C

Classyathome

well i'm going to do a little bit of research before I start doing it, because I have no clue what i'm doing when it comes to breeding at this moment, so the difference between the strains I'm not too sure about, I know each are good. I will definitely keep ya updated.

Wow - an honest man...

I like your attitude - be well...

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah i see all these 100% sativa x 100% indica crosses all the time, and i understand the reasoning (more diversity in the F1 generation, correct?), but what's stopping someone from crossing a 100% indica (like deepchunk) with another indica (i'm ASSUMING zindica is indica..lol)? Wouldnt that just reaffirm the indica? a double indica?

how many times can i say indica? lol ok i'm done hijacking, just asking a question!

ArcticBlast

C

Classyathome

If I remember correctly - it's not so much 100% x 100%, but the hybrid vigour tends to come from 2 dissimilar strains.

Similar strains crossed tend to cancel out, and you get a predominance of one set of genes in initial offspring. Similars will eventually be more uniform, but with less variation in genetix.

Dissimilars, especially in the first generation, tend to be stronger and heartier than either parent.

I could be wrong - I once thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was misstaken...

X

xinsanewickedx

well like i said when it comes to breeding i know nothing and i pick zindica and dep chunk cause there are some of the best smokes out there.if i cross deep chunk with a sativa would there be a good outcome from this plants being crossed?what are the mean things to look for when breeding? other then good health, good yield, and so forth

X

xinsanewickedx

i know that it takes a lot of time and hard work,and i am no where near trying but what would i have to do if i wanted to make my cross a hybrid strain?

H

highsteppa

To make you r cross a F1 hybrid you'd have to cross 2 stable strains like DC and OH. YOu could still get a F1 outta 2 indicas like bubble gum and DC and would see hybrid vigor in the off spring. I think the idea with making an f1 x is that the progeny should show extra vigor, uniformilty and hopefuly a 50/50 blend of both parents. Maybe the DC would shorten the flower time and stretchon the haze while still get you that haze buzz and the DC would provide some bottom to the sativa and whatever else in it that makes it the bomb old school Affy. Damn now I want some DC x OH . Or if you like Indicas do the Zindica or both. Any way just go for it, don't pull your males collect some pollen and do the deed.

Peace:joint:

X

xinsanewickedx

i get what you are saying highsteppa or at least i think i do,lol.i have been thinking about it and when i do this i will go dc x oh. it just sounds real good

X

xinsanewickedx

how about you guys help pick the strains for my first cross.i only have a few beans of each so its a start.i have a few other strains too this are just the ones i like and dont have many beans for

1)zindica
2)deep chunk
3)cascadia
4)love potion
5)fruit bowl
6)o.haze
7)cali o

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cali o x Deep Chunk = orange chunk

looks like this could be interesting thread insane good information allready

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It's always good to see people that try to learn it before they do something. Good luck! :wave:

X

xinsanewickedx

keep them coming guys.

shaunmulok-thanks bro if i can get some knowledge and others gain from it too ,thens even better.orange chunk sounds pretty good

arcticblast-just from the name deep potion it sounds like it would be smoked only before bed

expolziv gbb- theres no point trying to do something when you dont know what you are doing.you end up messing up and have to go back and learn how to do it,so just knock it out in the first shoot.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a great way to start breeding Deep Chunk what can i say..It would be like playing doubles tennis and roger federer was your team mate you just cant lose with DC with that being said your best bet would be to cross it to a 100% sativa the o haze would be a good start then find the best mum and dad from the offspring breed them and hunt through the F2's surely there will be gold found in them best of luck!!

Cheers..Benji...