What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first attempt to grow anything - ever.

G

won't make a bit of difference 'cause we're gonna learn ya how to tear it apart and remote ballast it anyway.....that way ya won't have to fight the temps so much. The ballast puts out a good deal of heat. And how to make a cheap reflector for about 15 bucks from a piece of sheet metal.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn im so pleased to see things going well for ya.......such a pleasure to see things on the up, i am sure you are gonna go from strength to strength with the growing coz you seem a natural learner who is very keen and very practical and with people like stankbud you cant fail.
Peace

JetUsUp

i figured it was about time for an update, so here it is.
i decided that LST was a way for more to get more out of my few plants. so that is exactly what i am doing right now.

those four pictures were taken yesterday right after i had tied them down. nothing all that exciting to look at. but i tooke some more pics today after they had already changed their growth direction.

this little one looks really rough, i know. my lights are dangling, so if it gets a sudden little growth i have to adjust the lights. well one night i forgot to.

this one already has some growth at its nodes. looks good to me!

JetUsUp

i know youre wondering what that material is that i used to tie them down with... well its hemp! i figured it would be like meeting a long lost friend. i was way baked when i thought that one up...

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Looks like you're on your way! I'm sure you'll love lst. Wait til you see how many tops you have in a couple of weeks! :yes:

G

Jet, there just ain't any holding ya back is there? Good job with the LST, not only will it increase yeild, it also makes it possible to veg longer and helps control height issues. You most definitely have been thinking about this huh?

Just wish ya could get more light in there, have ya ordered one yet? If not, I'd advise more CFL's if possible, but you are on the trail to getting your very first home grown buds now anyway.

I'm just gonna kick back, eat my :lurk: and see how much ya get dried and cured brother.

ehonda187

Wally World Has some 60 watt CFLs that are from "Lights Of America" you should get like 4 of em, they are like 8 bux a piece but they have a lifetime warranty. If it blows just take it back an get another one. Those plants look like they will explode with more wattage. Everyday for you is a learning experience, I know, so looks like your doing some homework.......now clean your damn room!!! hahahahahha

JetUsUp

WOW!!! ehonda your back! and i guess if youre back that means that everything turned out alright! thanks for visiting brother!

with my lights.. i have four 100watt CFLS going in there. i wish i could get more right now, but my next pay check is next week. so thats when ill have more bulbs in there.

JetUsUp

well its been 11 days! i figured i needed to update.
i got my plants out of those tiny little pots, it was only hurting them. i knew they would be a little root bound, but when i pulled them out i felt bad. poor little things were so root bound i couldnt believe my eyes.
because of area restrictions i could only use 1 pot for two plants. i know its a bit of a no-no. but i had no choice. besides, theyre much better off being 2 plants per 3 gallon bucket then 1 per 1/2 gallon pot. much better. people were cursing me for having to water daily. but now that their in their homes i do it maybe once every two days or so.
so on with the pics, eh?

the biggest of the group. the LST has produced some nice looking little leaves that i hope will turn into some canopys.

after the bad burn this one recieved it grew three little node-canopys.

what looks like maybe pistil growth.

all four plants in their new homes.

the biggest of the group looking pretty. ....yeah, that is a chop stick.

look at her reach!

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Much better. With the extra lights they will do you proud. I know what you mean about space - I have enough for my flower cab, but my clone / veg area is itsy bitsy.

You're well on your way :yoinks:

G

Looking better every update Jet. Really like the one with the 3 tops, even if it is a sativabitch!!