What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My favorite strains - PanHaze, Haze x KC, A5 x NMK, NH x NMK

deepwaterdude

Test buds taken

Test buds taken

Today I found a couple of buds at the base of some smaller low branches that were infested. I cut the small branches, reluctantly, took 'em to the bathroom sink, sprayed 'em with green cleaner tiny dose, then just blasted them with water, put 'em in the fridge for an hour, then trimmed em up.
Anyway, weight and bud size are very good for a day 70 tester;) Would like to take her 2 more weeks, but think she'll be lucky if she gets there. There're some male flowers here and there, so as soon as they or the mites get out of control or menace the rest of the plant, she comes down.
Pics are just the tops of the branchlets I took. The buds that had mites are drying elsewhere in case something's still alive. The infested ones were very nice, round, quarter sized buds, even as low as they were.

Attachments

• 10 week sample, thanks to the mites. .jpg
    10 week sample, thanks to the mites. .jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 10 weeks.jpg
    10 weeks.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
  • very nice style buds-big.jpg
    very nice style buds-big.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 31

deepwaterdude

Testers are excellent, very up high with a tad of anxiety, balanced with the creamy relaxation and positivity of the KC. Extremely nice smell when smoked, but these are just dry so no real report but great potential.
I know she wants the next ten days to finish, and as no mites I can see and male flowers are not proliferating, she'll get her 12 weeks actual flower. Probably equal to 13-14wks from flip. I took a 1/2 zip + of "mitey testers" and barely put a dent in the branch I took them from, let alone the plant. Big baby - Probably 8+zips if I were to take her now. But, the big tops have white hairs, and still quite a few, so on she goes.

StrongTree

nice work Deep... i'm happy with it's yield as well...starting to slow sweat the pile for the long cure. flowers darkening a bit and some spicy notes are arising...seems i got brownish pistils....i had a look at OldDirtyHuman's c5 it looked more orange pistiled on the finish...i have been sampling but not too much as it's still so fresh....but i found a reasonably dry piece and crumbled into a splif and yes for sure it rates as high ganja...old school woody spice was my first impression and effect is clear and energetic..strong sativa all around...enjoy:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

C5 x KC 11 weeks flo-another branch taken

C5 x KC 11 weeks flo-another branch taken

nice work Deep... i'm happy with it's yield as well...starting to slow sweat the pile for the long cure. flowers darkening a bit and some spicy notes are arising...seems i got brownish pistils....i had a look at OldDirtyHuman's c5 it looked more orange pistiled on the finish...i have been sampling but not too much as it's still so fresh....but i found a reasonably dry piece and crumbled into a splif and yes for sure it rates as high ganja...old school woody spice was my first impression and effect is clear and energetic..strong sativa all around...enjoy:tiphat:

I think the orange pistiled look comes from pistils that were still white when the bud was cut;)

I'm at 11 weeks flo today, just found two more spots with mites; one just one leaf, easily cut, the other one a lower cola branch with a couple of buds bad enough I had to take the whole thing;) Once cut and out of the tent, the buds almost look good enough to take the whole plant now. I've planned for another week and just watered her again, so on she trucks. Her tops are starting to finish.

deew

Attachments

• DSC04207.jpg
    DSC04207.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC04206.jpg
    DSC04206.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC04203.jpg
    DSC04203.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Amazing structure.jpg
    Amazing structure.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 11 weeks flo:another small branch taken.jpg
    11 weeks flo:another small branch taken.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC04202.jpg
    DSC04202.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC04201.jpg
    DSC04201.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04212.jpg
    DSC04212.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC04211.jpg
    DSC04211.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04209.jpg
    DSC04209.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 23

deepwaterdude

Today's mini harvest - C5 x KC 11 weeks

Today's mini harvest - C5 x KC 11 weeks

Here are the buds cut at 11 weeks. I'm smoking 10 week samples right now an enjoying the hell out of them;)

Attachments

• Stash in stages.jpg
    Stash in stages.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Fat little buds trimmed:washed.jpg
    Fat little buds trimmed:washed.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 66
  • top trimmed.jpg
    top trimmed.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Top taken today-lower buds had critters.jpg
    Top taken today-lower buds had critters.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Mite search and destroy mission.jpg
    Mite search and destroy mission.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 61

YukonKronic

Hey Dee I meant to tell you if you have a minor infestation your plants will be releasing jasmonic acid.... do you happen to have insect frass or another source of chitosan handy?:biggrin:
Might be a bit late in the cycle but ya never know... could frost you up a touch extra. Lol as if ya need it.

I thought on doing regular mutilations to my cover crop with foliar of frass on ma weedies. Until flowering that is..
At 5 weeks flower I would like to mutilate cover down to mulch after a thin top dress of frass and then water in with frass tea.
At week 8 I’m considering mutilating some weaker lowers and larf from scrog and/or fresh mulched “spare” clones or veg trimmings. And water in with frass tea again or another chitosan source with less N....
Pretty much bro science in that approach but considering plants dig some PK (and my soil STILL seems light on those..) a couple times later in flower sometimes and the jasmonic acid/chitosan connection is considered a resin booster by many as well as the fact that the amounts needed are damn small make me consider it as “fun” at the least awesome at best and informative in any capacity...
I’m going to get some rye planted in my cover crop ASAP come to think of it. Get it growing well before scrog starts filling in..
Cool.. that was a couple thoughts I had been having that all literally just coalesced into a plan right now in your thread.
Thanks?... I think..

deepwaterdude

Hey Dee I meant to tell you if you have a minor infestation your plants will be releasing jasmonic acid.... do you happen to have insect frass or another source of chitosan handy?:biggrin:
Might be a bit late in the cycle but ya never know... could frost you up a touch extra. Lol as if ya need it.

I thought on doing regular mutilations to my cover crop with foliar of frass on ma weedies. Until flowering that is..
At 5 weeks flower I would like to mutilate cover down to mulch after a thin top dress of frass and then water in with frass tea.
At week 8 I’m considering mutilating some weaker lowers and larf from scrog and/or fresh mulched “spare” clones or veg trimmings. And water in with frass tea again or another chitosan source with less N....
Pretty much bro science in that approach but considering plants dig some PK (and my soil STILL seems light on those..) a couple times later in flower sometimes and the jasmonic acid/chitosan connection is considered a resin booster by many as well as the fact that the amounts needed are damn small make me consider it as “fun” at the least awesome at best and informative in any capacity...
I’m going to get some rye planted in my cover crop ASAP come to think of it. Get it growing well before scrog starts filling in..
Cool.. that was a couple thoughts I had been having that all literally just coalesced into a plan right now in your thread.
Thanks?... I think..

Y'know, YKC, I've never had to deal with these little guys before, so this is nifty info. I do have a good bag of frass around, but I'm cutting this girl tomorrow AM:biggrin: Spend an hour or three trimming, then office xmas party;)
I always use the threads for ruminating, hatching new plans; feel free;o)

deepwaterdude

C5 Haze x Kali China finished/cut and trimmed

C5 Haze x Kali China finished/cut and trimmed

Just an absolutely massive output on this girl, probably my best one plant yield beside the Killer A5 scrog:peacock:
Took me many an hour to finish the trimming, hung all the branches in my dormant tent with 2 small fans moving air and the tent partly open. It's so nice and quiet in here, I don't want to run the exhaust fans.
I took many pics with my phone, with flash, so I hope to get those uploaded.

Attachments

• 1:2 plant untrimmed.jpg
    1:2 plant untrimmed.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 31
  • 1:2 plant trimmed.jpg
    1:2 plant trimmed.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 28
  • REALLy nice output and bud style.jpg
    REALLy nice output and bud style.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Nice little top.jpg
    Nice little top.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 32
  • How she looked at harvest.jpg
    How she looked at harvest.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 31
  • C5 x KC at finish.jpg
    C5 x KC at finish.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 41

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow friend! :dance013:

What a joy to follow all your progresses with this new sativa cross,
so happy you finally decided to bring the outdoor plant indoors to complete the flowering in a more controlled environment,
and to dedicate to her all your attentions.

She really rewarded you for the effort! ;) Love her chunky resinous flowers of excellent flower/leaf ratio.
I'm salivating her thinking about her terpenes too.

Wish you enjoy your well deserved menu of Haze flowers during this winter :huggg:
Please, let us know your opinion about her after a bit of curing.
Best wishes for 2020, a big hug!