What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My favorite strains - PanHaze, Haze x KC, A5 x NMK, NH x NMK

deepwaterdude

C5 Haze x Kali China update

C5 Haze x Kali China update

Hey, fellas, thanks for the kind words. I'm very happy, and so is the plant, that I was able to successfully get her in. Starting to pay off;)
Orf - I'm nothing if not dramatic;o) It really was a fight.
I can't really tell if she's greener than she was, but she's definitely yellowing more leaves. I'll give her another strong, organic feeding today, and if she persists in eating herself, I'll throw some sensi at her. I lost a good bit of top/side soil wrenching her outta the chair, I wonder how much of the top dress I lost?

Attachments

• Oct 12 - she might need food every watering for a while.jpg
    Oct 12 - she might need food every watering for a while.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Every branch a small xmas tree.jpg
    Every branch a small xmas tree.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Main stem.jpg
    Main stem.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Little cola.jpg
    Little cola.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Just starting to develop resin.jpg
    Just starting to develop resin.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 25

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend,

As we commented through emails, your C5 x KC is starting to yellowing the leaves because she is probably root bound due to being outdoors in the same pot for a long time. Despite she has already started the flowering, i think it will be benefitial to transplant her to a bigger pot to face the rest of the flowering indoors. She will recover the color and health and will have plenty of nutrients to hopefully produce a bountiful and high quality sativa harvest :)

deepwaterdude

Hi friend,

As we commented through emails, your C5 x KC is starting to yellowing the leaves because she is probably root bound due to being outdoors in the same pot for a long time. Despite she has already started the flowering, i think it will be benefitial to transplant her to a bigger pot to face the rest of the flowering indoors. She will recover the color and health and will have plenty of nutrients to hopefully produce a bountiful and high quality sativa harvest :)

Good morning, Sir dubi, I'm just heading to the hydro shop for a bigger pot and some ocean forest. It'll get her there;) She responded really well to the Sensi coco nutes, but if she's truly rootbound, it would be a struggle for the next 2 months, so...:) :dance013: She's starting to stack flowers, great potential!

deepwaterdude

C5 x Kali China before repot

C5 x Kali China before repot

So throw some Sensi at her I did. She showed true happiness and bulked pretty immediately, but is still losing masses of leaves every day. I thought she couldn't be rootbound in a 28 liter pot, but she definitely is. Underestimate her I did.
Despite everything, there are really beautiful Kali China style buds forming everywhere, looking like thumb sized gumdrops and promising a colorful and abundant finish. So, I'll go buy a 40-50 liter pot with some rich soil to let her really enjoy herself;)
I'm letting her dry out real well before cutting her pot off, less problematic that way. Here she be.

Attachments

• Reference bud-Really nice KC style nuglets.jpg
    Reference bud-Really nice KC style nuglets.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Main colita.jpg
    Main colita.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Mainstem offshoots-purple there will be.jpg
    Mainstem offshoots-purple there will be.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 29
  • C5 x KC great structure.jpg
    C5 x KC great structure.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 24
  • C5 x KC right before repot, pretty dry.jpg
    C5 x KC right before repot, pretty dry.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 26

deepwaterdude

C5 x KC in her (huge) new shoes

C5 x KC in her (huge) new shoes

Well, I was going to go with 40 liter, or 10 gallons, but that seemed smallish, so I got a 15 gal pot. I filled under, around and on top of the rootball with mother earth organic coco amended mix or something, + a generous (expensive) dose of Great White. As she seems to really appreciate a good meal, it has plenty of stuff to get her home. Took 3 gallons of water to get runoff:biggrin:
What's really great, is that my whole expense was 11$, as I got my 3rd 50$ off for having spent 2500$clams at said store. Well *%$# me.
She's starting to merit closeups not to mention is developing a heady Kali China nose. Can't wait until she digs in.

Attachments

• Widening top.jpg
    Widening top.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Starting to look very good.jpg
    Starting to look very good.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Main Cola-just tad larger than the others.jpg
    Main Cola-just tad larger than the others.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Liked last feeding too.jpg
    Liked last feeding too.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Just after repot-10-19.jpg
    Just after repot-10-19.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 21

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you finally decided to transplant her ;)

Although it's a late repot and she won't probably use all the new soil, she will flower now onwards without yellowing and without nutrient problems, and i'm sure she will show all her best potential with the rest of your good cares. I would recommend you to lower down the bottled feedings for at least 3 weeks as she now can take plenty of nutrients from the new soil, you can help her with liquid root stimulators now after the transplant so the root system expands through the new soil as much as possible.

deepwaterdude

C5 Haze x Kali China - week 5 flo and no mo yello

C5 Haze x Kali China - week 5 flo and no mo yello

Glad you finally decided to transplant her ;)

Although it's a late repot and she won't probably use all the new soil, she will flower now onwards without yellowing and without nutrient problems, and i'm sure she will show all her best potential with the rest of your good cares. I would recommend you to lower down the bottled feedings for at least 3 weeks as she now can take plenty of nutrients from the new soil, you can help her with liquid root stimulators now after the transplant so the root system expands through the new soil as much as possible.

Dare I say, great minds think alike;) I just reduced her liquid nutes to a humble 1/4 strength as I've got a bit of tip burn from recent higher feedings and she's stopped yellowing almost completely. I mainly watered the new soil to let the peat root ball dry out and stimulate root growth into the new loam;) They've also got all that Great White to help things along.
Buds are looking good, small for her structure as she had cold nights in very early flower, but they're puffing up slowly but surely. I shouldn't be so demanding, she's only been inside 2 + weeks! I'll have to look back to know exactly how long she's had flower clusters, but she really didn't start until after the solstice. This has to be week 4 or 5 true flower.
She was fed just after these pics. I got some in focus, you'll be amazed;) Sorry for the redundant grow notes in the caption. For me own head.
Edit-no leaves were plucked before these pics, nor for the last 5 days or so, probably since last feeding.

Attachments

• 5x5 tent, 15 gal peat:coco, 650w NextLight Mega, lotsa air.jpg
    5x5 tent, 15 gal peat:coco, 650w NextLight Mega, lotsa air.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Top left cola is 11in from light, the other tops 18in.jpg
    Top left cola is 11in from light, the other tops 18in.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Lower tier looking good.jpg
    Lower tier looking good.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 28
  • A lot less yellow than a week ago.jpg
    A lot less yellow than a week ago.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 25
  • C5 Haze x Kali China structure.jpg
    C5 Haze x Kali China structure.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Only went 1:4 strength on nutes as no more yellowing.jpg
    Only went 1:4 strength on nutes as no more yellowing.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 23
  • Mmmm-def not straight KC.jpg
    Mmmm-def not straight KC.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Starting to see some nice KC calyxes.jpg
    Starting to see some nice KC calyxes.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Reference bud fattening slowly.jpg
    Reference bud fattening slowly.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 32
  • C5 x KC-gotta be week 5 flower with cold nights early on.jpg
    C5 x KC-gotta be week 5 flower with cold nights early on.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 34

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great ;) Another good trick to help the plant to expand the root system after the transplant is to avoid overwaterings and to let the soil get fully dry before the next watering (before the plant start to faint down) so the plant tries to expand the roots as much as possible looking for water.

She certainly had a bit of Kali China look early on, but her growing, leaf and now flowering traits are unmistakably Haze.

deepwaterdude

Great ;) Another good trick to help the plant to expand the root system after the transplant is to avoid overwaterings and to let the soil get fully dry before the next watering (before the plant start to faint down) so the plant tries to expand the roots as much as possible looking for water.

She certainly had a bit of Kali China look early on, but her growing, leaf and now flowering traits are unmistakably Haze.

Well that's excellent news;) A hazey girl! That might help explain the (perceived) slowness of flower development. I remember the Panama and other PH23 hazes only get going in week 5.

She's got a wonderful penetrating perfume of dankness at lights on and off. Really bewitching, triggers faint, old memories;)

I've slowed down watering to every 3/4 days looking for that edge between drying out completely and just enough to expand her system.

deepwaterdude

C5 x Kali China photo update - first hairs turning

C5 x Kali China photo update - first hairs turning

I'm underwhelmed with her growth since repot, but she's still slowly expanding despite my feelings;) Today she has a couple of yellow leaves again so she'll get a little extra food.

Her flowers look very good, as does crystal development. I tied down the cola so I could get all tops at same level, a few inches closer to the light.

Here are too many pics. Hey, it's my only plant going;)

Attachments

• DSC04091.jpg
    DSC04091.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC04098.jpg
    DSC04098.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC04092.jpg
    DSC04092.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC04096.jpg
    DSC04096.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170706 185900
    20170706 185900
    58.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC04099.jpg
    DSC04099.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04097.jpg
    DSC04097.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04101.jpg
    DSC04101.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC04102.jpg
    DSC04102.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 18

deepwaterdude

C5 x Kali China photo update

C5 x Kali China photo update

She's a babe. I was tying things up and touched her flowers for the first time. Incredible candy smell, gumdrop like, reminds me of some sour diesel i grew once, and buds are very hard.
This is making me very curious about C5;)

Attachments

• Even though she shows sign of deficiency, she seems to be dug in.jpg
    Even though she shows sign of deficiency, she seems to be dug in.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Buds look great, very hard, and smell like gumdrops!.jpg
    Buds look great, very hard, and smell like gumdrops!.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Starting to get weighty.jpg
    Starting to get weighty.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Full plant from side-week 6:7 flo.jpg
    Full plant from side-week 6:7 flo.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 25
  • C5 x KC 1 month in tent.jpg
    C5 x KC 1 month in tent.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 22
  • God, the smell.jpg
    God, the smell.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 25
  • mazar
    mazar
    50.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG 7016
    IMG 7016
    97.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Love this plant.jpg
    Love this plant.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Loving this plant, even if she's not loving her soil.jpg
    Loving this plant, even if she's not loving her soil.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 24

Consolidated

Great buds my Dude.
Looks more in c5 side (i told that, couse of her leaves)...
Excellent friend, i wish you the best...

deepwaterdude

Hey thanks, guys for the nice words. I can't wait until she's done, but I'm thinking a month still. The real news is that I found some spider mites, my first ever, on the underside of a few lower leaves. I pulled all affected leaves and have drenched her with green cleaner twice with a new power mister. No bugs ATM, but I have to wait to pop new beans until I know the buggers are gone.
@Consolidated-I'm glad I got whatever it is I got- she's got special terps and rock hard nugs. Now i've just got to get her to the end - at least another 3-4 weeks. What do you know about C5? I've got to check dubi's writeup if there is one.

Consolidated

Hi Dude, i am far from an expert but i think your gal have more thin leaves even from KC f3-f4 and more broadly.
Consolidated :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

C5 Haze x Kali China @day 60 or so

C5 Haze x Kali China @day 60 or so

Looks like she'll have a nice finish, despite deficiencies and pests.

She got another green cleaner treatment yesterday, after I pulled and cut maybe three more leaves. The mite populations I find are very small these days compared to what I saw with the first hatch; just one or two adults + babies n eggs.
The first drench doesn't really count, as my sprayer had something like an enlarged prostate, just a light shower with little penetration. Now I've hit her twice with a complete drench, and will continue until harvest once a week at reduced concentration unless I see a population boom.
Someone has just mentioned predator mites, and I really have never had to think about them until now. I'll hold off until after this girl is down and see how new plants fare in veg. We're just getting our first really hard freezes, that I hope will kill off the outdoor population for the season. I used to drench the plants before I brought them in for flower, and I should have this time.
As she's yellowing again these days, I've kept up with 1/4 strength sensi + CalMag that i'll probably cut end of this week, just let her eat her leaves until finish in plus or minus 3 weeks.
Here are too many pictures, with redundant captions. Happened upon a very nice half ounce of the purple Haze x KC from last round. Very creamily stoned:biggrin:

Attachments

• Dense buddage.jpg
    Dense buddage.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Coming up on 9 weeks flo.jpg
    Coming up on 9 weeks flo.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Coming along nicely-needs some weeks more.jpg
    Coming along nicely-needs some weeks more.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 24
  • C5 x Kali China around 9 weeks.jpg
    C5 x Kali China around 9 weeks.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 23
  • C5 Haze x KC around 9 weeks flo+3rd GC treatment yesterday.jpg
    C5 Haze x KC around 9 weeks flo+3rd GC treatment yesterday.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Hand grenade style and sized buds.jpg
    Hand grenade style and sized buds.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Hard to find a place for all her branches.jpg
    Hard to find a place for all her branches.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 24
  • Lovely, fat lowers.jpg
    Lovely, fat lowers.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Might pop another bean of this for next round.jpg
    Might pop another bean of this for next round.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Pleasing to the eyes.jpg
    Pleasing to the eyes.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 21

deepwaterdude

I like the pics of your harvested SMH in the other thread (and the others here too of course) its buds look cool, I look forward to your smoke report and comparisons to other ACE strains.

Keep up the good work, im sure im not the only one that reads regularly but never posts.

Hey, HerbBert, I'm so sorry I missed your and dubi's posts way back when! The page had turned and I never saw them until today, looking back to see when the C5 x actually started flowering.

Thanks for the kind words... I think I ended up doing a pretty elogious smoke report of the SMH on that thread.
A few things I may have said before; the SMH is the stickiest of any bag to open. Hands down. The terps are mild, but the smoke is pretty inspiring. See that rather long smoke report.
The Haze x KC that dubi mentions below, (Syd redux;o)) is phenomenal smoke. Never misses with its instant floatiness, creamy, smiley high and absolutely great taste and presentation, as if that mattered;0)
The killer A5 1 is also a potent bag to open, nose and otherwise. I think she takes after Malawi, with a powerful, citrus nose that just reeks of diesely potency. I smoke this when I metal detect, totally altering.
A5 2 is more like fat Abbott from the scrog test run. Less NL influenced, but with the same dark stink he had. Both 1 and 2 had surprisingly dense flowers.
Panama Haze turned out to be quite potent and lightly seeded- Though seeds must've taken late as mainly immature. Not enough to spoil the pleasure of her lemony smoke, though. Problem is she's a bit of a heavier hitter than I had imagined she would be. Her buds are light, but her hit is weighty, a la Panama Red. The late reflower must've been from the available pollen, whereas, she may have been done right then;o) Live and learn.

Wow DWD friend,

I've been revisiting all your updates since late July (thought i replied but i didn't, sorry!) and bufff .... i'm speechless. What an amazing and masterly grown indoor sativa cycle, simply impressive!

The Killer A5 Haze with such dense white resinous colas, the new Syd Purple Haze x Kali China with her amazing colors and exotic look, the massive tropical Panama Haze colas and the huge Super Malawi Haze colas overflowering with foxtails. A True master piece of art of sativa indoor growing. Hats off! :tiphat: I'm really envious thinking about your harvest :D These 4 strains are also my favorite Haze indoor friendly hybrids from our catalog. Wish i could be there with you!

Wish you receive the new batch of seeds soon so you can start a new indoor adventure with them if that's your wish.

Btw, what's your plan with the outdoor C5 Haze x Kali China ?
Do you think she will be able to finish in your climate or better bring her indoors ?

Thanks again for your amazing contributions to this room and for your presence here :huggg: Huggss! dubi

Hey dubi, man I'm sorry I missed your very sweet post. I highly doubt you should be envious about my little harvest, but I agree it's all primo:biggrin:

I have very high hopes for this last plant, the C5 KC, to outshine pretty much all of those I've already harvested this time; both in weight and in loveliness. This cross really has incredible potential, I think. If she hadn't had such a cold start to flowering, I think her flowers would have busted my tent wide open! A couple/three more weeks of fattening their already heavy heads and I can start on the exciting new stuff;o)

UN abrazo muy grande, deep:huggg:

HerbBert

Hi ya no problem I lost my password and only just found it again yesterday so good timing for me really (although ill only fully forgive you if you give your cat an extra treat ! :cathug: )

Thanks for taking the time to reply I did read your SMH smoke report it sounds relay nice and the comments about the other strains are helpful too.

I have 9 Killer a5's 4 and a half weeks into 12/12. (ill take a pic if your interested)

My last few grows have been a disaster i think ive fixed my problems now and have 2 Bubba Hash and 4 Malawi x Panama mothers to whittle down in the future.

Im very temped to start just 1 more strain I have my eye on a few, Zamaldelica reg, Zamaldelica fem, Zamaldelica x Kali China, Super Malawi Haze and the r+d Bangi Congo x Malawi options so many choice so little time gonna do alot of reading see what is most energy giving but with lest "burnout" the Zam regs are just 28 euros for 10 on alchi at the moment too.

Happy growing and toking.

deepwaterdude

Hi ya no problem I lost my password and only just found it again yesterday so good timing for me really (although ill only fully forgive you if you give your cat an extra treat ! :cathug: )

Thanks for taking the time to reply I did read your SMH smoke report it sounds relay nice and the comments about the other strains are helpful too.

I have 9 Killer a5's 4 and a half weeks into 12/12. (ill take a pic if your interested)

My last few grows have been a disaster i think ive fixed my problems now and have 2 Bubba Hash and 4 Malawi x Panama mothers to whittle down in the future.

Im very temped to start just 1 more strain I have my eye on a few, Zamaldelica reg, Zamaldelica fem, Zamaldelica x Kali China, Super Malawi Haze and the r+d Bangi Congo x Malawi options so many choice so little time gonna do alot of reading see what is most energy giving but with lest "burnout" the Zam regs are just 28 euros for 10 on alchi at the moment too.

Happy growing and toking.

Yeah, man, please don't hesitate to post a pic here AND in the A5 thread that a lot more people are looking at. Pretty popular strain at the moment and with 9 going, you'll have more info to give than anyone but dubi:biggrin:
I highly, highly recommend the ZAm x Kali China you're thinking of growing. I've got three fems that may just be the stars of my next round. I smoked ONLY zam x kc for about 6 months, 7 different plants, and never felt like I was missing anything due to all the diversity. I'm halfway through a morning spliff of SMH, and can only recommend that one too;) MalPan is supposed to be super good, haven't run it meself. People seem to rave about the honduras x panama, too, got my attention;o)

Today's grow notes: probably starting week 10 now after 2 full months flower or so. I forced myself to not look for mites yesterday and found a few this morning. Almost time for her maintenance drench. Temps are cool, so they seem to progress super slowly. Anyway, I will have spent many an hour on my back looking at the underside of every damned leaf, and in the end it will have been totally worth it.
I'm expecting a max of 13 weeks or so, so she's getting just a tad of overdrive with no base nutes until closeout. That's 1-5-4 with a tad of Mg. Basically like molasses without the Calcium.
Smells great upon waking and lights off, and in between, too. Nothing stealthy about this little grow. :biggrin:

Edit: and the cats are so spoiled the only thing I could really do to impress them is legally sign over my stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts