What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - Harvest Photos

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
That's my guess - I could be wrong, but when I chop the NL X BB, you'll definitely notice the family resemblance! Most of the differences are non-visible - smell, taste and high - all stronger and more penetrating. It's not a stealth strain that's for sure - it's famous round here for its funk...:)

G

Very nice. I like some of the special local crosses that can be found. Sounds like yours is a winner. I'd give you a toke of the skum widow haze plant I had but it's all gone. I'm keeping it as a mother indefinitely because it's one of those special crosses from off the beaten path. :smoke:

HashishinReidi

Sweetlooking buds there EM.Looks a nice strain seem a pitty to lose it if she taste so nice .

Why dont you just take a cut and keep her in veg. Just incase you fancy her again later on , as she does look a nice strain.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
HR - oh, I always keep a clone of that one - it's my 'desert-island' strain! But it can be trickier to grow in veg than in flower - always wants to grow big, and stinks - it grows small buds on 16/8, and they reek! But I can get clones easily of both phenos of this - to be honest, it's so common around these parts that it's hard not to get some at least monthly. I'd just like to get a few more strains into the general pool - and to try and get folks to experiment with more sativa-dom hybrids for all our sakes...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
3. Flo (green pheno) - 63 days.

3. Flo (green pheno) - 63 days.

Oh mighty Flo! This is the green pheno, at nine weeks exactly, and what a beast she is - this pheno foxtails like crazy, and though predominately green, still gets purple on the upper (light-facing) surfaces - though this fades on drying. It looks like a spear-shaped Blue or Old-Time Moonshine - very special, this one. One or two male flowers often pop out in the last week, but they're always too late, and don't seem to produce pollen anyway.

Resin production is higher than the purple pheno, though the buds are still 'dry' to the touch, and not sticky at all. The smell is more fruity/spicy than the purple pheno, and after curing usually smells of apple/apricot jam in the jar. The high is slightly more narcotic than the purple pheno, though not much - still crisp and soaring generally. This specimen needed some help standing up toward the end - it gets very top-heavy indeed, as can be seen from the photos...:)

Total Yield (manicured buds): 62 grams (2.25 ounces)

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Wow indeed - and there's more on the way.

Just got to answer some damn emails. Why does business always have to happen just when you're trying to post some weed pics? :)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
4. Jamaican (unknown hybrid) - 63 days.

4. Jamaican (unknown hybrid) - 63 days.

This beauty has an unknown Jamaican heritage, which is still being discussed (see thread in my signature). It was brought back as seed last year by a friend who pulled it from buds given to him by family friends in Jamaica. He got one female and gave me the only clone he took - and this is it six months later.

I suspect from the leaf-shape and overall structure that it's a traditional Blue Mountain strain crossed with an extremely heavy indica-dominant strain - whether deliberately or through accidental pollenation is impossible to prove. The buds produce more resin than any strain I've ever grown, and the pineapple-shaped buds are rock-hard and purple-hued. The branches are thick and woody, and the plant prefers to grow single upright stems rather than branching out - it also features unusually large 'knuckles' when the branches heal after topping.

The aroma is a very mild skunky 'dusty cheese' when growing - after drying the cheesy smell fades, leaving a sweet floral hashy smell, a bit like walking into a flower shop or funeral parlour - it's very weird, and unlike anything else I have. Despite its appearance, the high is extremely potent sativa-dominant, with a 'warming' rush that's quite unique, and a mellow peak - very thought-provoking and intense, but with few jitters. The duration is also very long - hours before it's worn off completely.

I've crossed this with Flo, and I think this will bring out some amazing specimens - by F2 stage I hope to find some more sativa-structured phenos that I can grow out more permanantly in the future.

Total Yield (manicured buds): 65 grams (2.3 ounces)

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
5. Northern Lights#5 X Big Bud - 65 days.

5. Northern Lights#5 X Big Bud - 65 days.

Firstly, apologies for the delay in filing these reports - I've been incredibly busy, and just haven't had time to get round to posting them. Also I've totally filled up my gallery space now, and have to start deleting a whole bunch of old images - which means a whole bunch of threads will collapse, but not much I can do about that...:(

This strain is the Nirvana hybrid, though I was given it as a clone. It's very similar to the Mystery Strain, though less branchy, and slightly more indica in behaviour. It's a very mellow smoke - very sweet and fruity/hashy, but less tangy than the Mystery Strain, with more of an earthy/yeasty smell. It's also a more narcotic high - not too much, but nicely mellow - a good bedtime variety.

It was actually beginning a very late growth spurt when I chopped it, but I couldn't alter the schedule, so it had to go. Some nice purpling, and heavy resin content. Delicious...:)

Total Yield (manicured buds): 107 grams (3.8 ounces)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
6. G13 - 65 days.

6. G13 - 65 days.

This specimen had completely collapsed under the weight of its own buds by the time I chopped it - but it always does this, so no worries. The main thing I was pleased about was the uniformity of the buds - over 80% were exactly the same size, and very chubby by the end. It doesn't weigh out as heavy as most strains - though the buds are hard at harvest, they lose a lot more weight than most - so a bud that looks like a quarter usually weighs out around 4-5g in reality.

That said, it's an amazing strain. I doubt very much whether it's a real G13 - possibly a hybrid. For one thing it's always bright green, like a Granny Smith apple. The stems are branchy and like to stretch, and the leaves are very droopy, and lack the waxy/leathery appearance I'd expect from a pure indica. Similarly, the high is too stimulating to be pure indica - it's a nice 50/50 blend, but peculiarly hypnotic - a very trancey, deep smoke, that lasts quite a while. The smell and taste is very sweet lime/grapefruit and fresh mint, with a back-note of disinfectant/polish, and is very more-ish. Despite appearances, all the photos are the right way up...:)

Total yield (manicured buds): 98 grams (3.5 ounces)

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
7. Skunk#1 'B' pheno - 72 days.

7. Skunk#1 'B' pheno - 72 days.

This is the first of the skunks to be chopped - the super-sweet and super-fruity pheno. It smells and tastes somewhere between bubblegum and juicy/tutti-fruity candy flavouring, or even TDK CD labelling pens, which are remarkably similar! It's the most indica and resinous pheno, and the buds are quite hard for skunks - the other two are not as dense, and longer-flowering.

The plant went to just over ten weeks, and was still attempting another spurt, but I had to stop it - when I update my main grow thread soon, it'll be obvious why! Even though this was the smallest of the three skunks, I was pleasantly suprised at the size of some of these buds - a good yield indeed for the size of the plant.

Total Yield (manicured buds): 115 grams (4.1 ounces)

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SideWays

SideWays

Wow...great job...how late does one have to stay up at night to grow plants like those sideways? He..He...He...I'm getting close, 25 days from finishing, things are getting exciting. I won't hijack Ya with images now but soon..... Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
DoobieDuck - "We Never Sleep"...:)

Actually, if you check my grow thread you'll see that I should probably have slept even less - I've had a bit of a crisis with rising temps, and the Malawi Gold has been 'oven-baked' somewhat due to dehydration- the two skunks less so, but they have some damage too...:(

I'm in a quandary what to do, as the MG might be salvagable, but then it might also make more sense to devote more time to the fabulous-looking Malawi Gold X Flo crosses that are just beginning to flower. Dunno - it takes up a lot of room, and I can't afford to run half-head plants...:(