What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

G

Damn....landlords suck! At least you've got it all down and are ready for inspection. :yes:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I don't drive, bizarrely - I've never had a lesson in my life...:)

Don't worry - plenty of people have offered a stay-over for the remaining plants, but I don't really trust them - not rip-offs, just lack of growing ability! My friend will be picking me up with all the outdoor plants at the weekend, and if the worst comes to the worst, time-wise, I can always leave them out there in pots a couple of days - they won't get found. Not by humans, anyway...:)

Main problem is, it's been raining solid for two days now, with more tomorrow - the hillside will be drenched, but I guess at least that means there won't be anyone else in the neighbourhood...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
One other bit of bad news is that I've filled up my goddamn picture allocation again, and given how many of them are in this thread, I'm going to have to start deleting them...:)

So apologies if pics start disappearing, but I'll try and choose the most boring ones - and the replacements will be well worth it!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, it's a certain amount of disk space - 150MB, and I've filled it up. Have a look at my gallery - it's scary...:)

I'm thinking about the chicken wire actually - turns out there's a garden centre not too far from my site, and I know there's rabbits in the area, cos I saw one last time I was there. No deer here though, unlike my other spot...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Me and a friend dismantled both growrooms last night - sad, but very essential.

I also bagged up all the drying plants and stashed them safely. At 9am this morning, my landlord arrived with two lady estate agents, and architect and a builder, and as expected, they went through the whole house, from top to bottom. I have to admit getting a faint thrill of success whilst we all stood in the spot where my growroom was, chatting about renovations, etc....:)

So they're back again tomorrow, but in the meantime, everything's out drying. I just weighed out the first Goldfinger which is dry and ready for curing - four and a half ounces! Not bad at all. And that was the fluffy pheno... :chin:

So - indoor growing is all over for the moment.

However.....I planted out another 15 of four strains yesterday, in and around the spot pictured (you can see the holes I've cut in one of them), and will check them again in a couple of days. That makes 20 plants altogether in two different locations. Whether they survive the slugs, rabbits and (possibly) deer remains to be seen, but the grow continues regardless for now!

G13 X Flo, Deep Chunk and 'the box of love'...:)

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man, sounds like you're going to have a damn nice outdoor grow. I'll be checking in on it for sure, good luck.

B/R

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I popped out to check them yesterday afternoon, and they had all grown at least an inch since Sunday with new leaves already! What's more, they looked perfectly at home, and healthy, with little slug damage either, but I put some sand around them just to keep them at bay. I saw a rabbit on the way out, but I don't think there's a lot around there.

There are dog-walkers around definitely - it's quite close to a small village, but the main hiking paths are some way from here. However, the valley is kind of a dead-end, with nowhere really to go except back again, so there's not much for anyone to see. Although the spot looks exposed, you have to double back down an overgrown path, cross a stream, then bend double under some thick tree cover before reaching the spot. Any other route in requires climbing through lots of brambles and nettles, so I hope they'll be OK.

I take my camera/tripod with me when I go so I have an excuse for being there too...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Got some bubble...

Got some bubble...

I finally made the bubble hash to beat all my previous efforts today - not necessarily in overall weight, but it certainly looks to be good in terms of ratio to trim. And what a blend - at least 15 different weeds, all from the grow documented here, ranging from pure indicas to almost pure sativas, so it should be a very tasty mix! Not all strains provided any usable trim.

I normally get around 1.5-2g resin from 28g trim - 1:14 ratio, so we'll see what I get from 100g of trim exactly. It's drying out overnight, but I'll weigh it tomorrow and get it into a nice shiny ball and post a pic here.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
OK - I got 7.9 grams of pure resin from the 100g of trim, which is actually the best yet in terms of the ratio of resin to leaf. Throwing in some of the bottom buds of the Goldfingers helped, both in providing more glands, but also in keeping the high stimulating!

It's gorgeous tasting, and I just did a count - it has the trim from sixteen different strains or phenos in it - nearly every plant grown in this thread. Now that's what I call a balanced high...:)

G

Sounds like some very interesting bubble! :)
Nice outdoor spot too, Could do with a little more sun here but its early i guess.
All best with your outdoor plants mate!

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
those ladies are looking really healthy that you put out, they should really reward you under the eye in the sky. too bad to hear you had to tear down a grow... but hopefully this will turn into a blessing and you will pull some very fine smoke to be puffing on by the years end.

Best wishes with the grow

Dime

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks guys - I hope to check the outdoor plants again in a few days. The first batch I put out are really getting hammered by slugs, so I've put large dollops of coarse sand around the plants which seems to be helping. I don't really want to use anything nastier, as there are deer and rabbits, hedgehogs etc around. Also the soil there is not that great - mostly dead bracken. So if I get good plants there I'll be pleasantly surprised, but it's a nice place to visit regardless. If they can get through the next week OK, they should make it.
The other spot ( previously pictured) is much better, although more exposed and less easy to visit regularly without arousing suspicion. But between the two I should pull a few good ones - it's as much somewhere to store some live plants as a harvest crop!

But one thing is for sure, they certainly won't need watering for the next few weeks...:)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6240038.stm

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's a pic of the bubblehash I made - I rolled four 2g pellets, and this is about half of one of them. A little bit fluffy, as it rolled on the floor before I took the photo...:)

But there's many colors in there - so many different kinds of weed, that it's a veritable rainbow really close...:)

G

damn bro, way to get down to business! :) good luck with all that bullshit, landlords suck!

G

Mmm I was hoping for a pic or two of the Hash looks good! i gota get round to making some myself again.
Rain Rain Rain, well as you know i am down south so havent had any flodding but it hasnt been helping my early flowering plants but hey.
All thes best with your plants!
~have a great weekend!!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I checked the smaller grow today, and they seem to be making a recovery - the grit sand is keeping the slugs at bay...:)

I'm not near the flooding being too high up, but there's more on the way tomorrow, so everyone's sitting tight down in the valleys...:(

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I saw my friend who lives near the pictured outdoor grow today, and he said that they're doing fine - the ones he had a look at anyway.

I said: "But I haven't shown you where they are yet".

He said: "You didn't need to - it was bloody obvious!"

So I'll try and get up tomorrow, as it sounds like they need pinching out all over...:chin:

NOFpuXnk

Hi elevator man. Great thread you have here.. your a hell of a photographer as well as grower..

ima have to start looking through ur other grow threads.

anyways k+ later
pux

Latest posts

Latest posts