What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Current Grow - 10 Varieties

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Nearly there...

Nearly there...

Well I'm in the final phase folks - at nine weeks for the Goldfingers, the BD X MLI and the Skunk X Flo, eight for the retard MoFlo, and nearly six for the very cool MoFlo. Both the Goldfingers are beginning to wind-up, with pheno#2 looking to be about a week ahead of #1 - many orange pistils spreading up from the base. And the calyxes are swelling - the pure Malawi only swelled in the last two weeks, so it should be happening any time now.

But the best part is - the flower time could be eleven weeks, which is great - that's shaved off four weeks from the pure Malawi, increased bud, resin and aroma density, and kept the height manageable. That's a success in my book. Obviously the real gems of these will be in the F2 generation, but as a test F1 grow, I'm really happy with them. The spider mites are slowly moving in now, but they're not too bad all told - explanation below.

The Skunk X Flo - or 'Funk' (?!) is another test grow, and has bizarrely turned out to be the most indica-structured plant I've ever grown. And it is a spider-mite trap. All my plants were sprayed weekly with Neem up to the fourth week of flower, and most have fought the mites off nicely, but this one seems to have virtually no resistance at all - they're chomping those leaves up now, so lucky it only has a week to go. However, it has served to act like a mite trap, and seems so delicious that they've left most of the other plants alone! Anyone else had this experience? Maybe I should call the cross 'Mite trap'...? :)

The last Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica looks to be amazing - as tall as the Goldfingers, and with at least four very large colas developing, and several smaller ones - at nine weeks it's not yet done, which is unusual to say the least. It's very attractive close-up, with more fluoro-orange pistils and heavy resin coverage - can't wait to see what this one does.

So here's a just a few pics of some nice details:

Goldfinger 2, pheno#1:

Goldfinger 2, pheno #2:

BD X MLI, pheno #3:

ThaiPhoon

Hey EM!

Man that Goldfinger has me DROOLING! What a fantastic cross. I can't wait to hear more about how it tastes, smells etc... when finished.

I am in a rearranging state at the farm..I'll be hitting the dirt within the week tho!

:woohoo:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well...all looking good in the engine room, except the heat is rising daily to the point where it may get dangerous - currently running aorund 95 F at the plant tips, and so far no problems, but I don't like it, especially after what happened to the Malawi! The CO2 is helping, but it feels too much in there now - especially for me!

So - the Skunk X Flo and the runt MoFlo are coming out tomorrow - one more day of light. They could probably go another week easy, but the S X F is getting nibbled severely by mites, and it's requiring me to use two lights when I could drop to one. So from tomorrow, we're back on 600W, which will finish off the remaining plants nicely, drop the temps, and save me some money on a large electricity bill that I'll get when I move out...:(

The last Black Domina X Maple Leaf is looking incredible, and I know which pheno to look out for in future! And the Goldfingers are finishing off - hard to believe at just over nine weeks, but it's true. Granted, the room has been on 10/14 for three weeks, but they're looking bigger and better every day, and smelling - just awesome...:)

So I'm flushing everything, and will aim to harvest those two last of all, at eleven weeks, fingers crossed... :chin:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Won't be long now...

Won't be long now...

I pulled out the Skunk X Flo and the retard 'MoFlo' tonight, for harvest tomorrow. As the room is now half-empty, and the remaining plants must finish, I've gone back to one light - just 600W. The temperatures are now back in the safety-zone too!

I'm imposing a deadline of next Saturday for harvest, which will be eleven weeks for the Goldfingers and the BD X MLI, and eight weeks for the good MoFlo. The Goldfingers should be bang on actually, which is great - a total success if they finish at eleven. They're beginning to swell now I'm flushing, and getting very sticky and smelly.

Pheno#1 smells very floral indeed, almost like bluebells, bizarrely, mixed with ginger. Pheno#2 is much hotter and spicier - the 'fruity carrot' smell with some kind of paprika or cayenne added. Both, however, have the unmistakeable dark aroma of Flo luring in the background, making them both possibly the most excitingly-perfumed plants I've ever grown.

Not much more to say except I'm locked down for the final week, and won't be moving very far now...:)

'Goldfinger' (Malawi Gold X Flo) Pheno#1:

'Goldfinger' Pheno#2:

Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica Pheno#3:

'MoFlo' Version 1b:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Not at all - feel free. I have to go to bed now, but I'll check these out tomorrow. Thanks for posting them.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
BTW, I chopped 'The Funk' (Skunk X Flo) today, along with the MoFlo runt, which actually looks better than I thought in daylight, though very weird.

The Skunk X Flo has more than earned its nickname, as will be revealed tomorrow in the harvest pics thread...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The Final Curtain...

The Final Curtain...

This is probably my last report on the indoor grow - these remaining plants will be harvested within the week, and then I'll have to dismantle the growroom and leave the place as I found it, like a good tenant...:)

After that, I'll be concentrating on outdoor guerilla growing, which may or not work out - we'll see. I have a few small plants out already, and lots more to go out in the next couple of weeks - may seem a little late, but that's the best I could do, and they grew plenty big enough last year...:)

So - what we have left are the two Goldfinger phenos, the insanely slow but very impressive Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica (now nicknamed 'Tar Baby'!), and the MoFlo pheno. Most should be done within the week, and I daren't really continue much longer for security reasons, so that's that really.

All the buds are swelling, and the mites are struggling to keep up, so fingers crossed, I should pull all this down safely and with the best yield possible under the circumstances.

There's not much to say about the plants themselves that I haven't said many times already, so here's the final set of growroom pics before the chop. The harvest pics will be worth the wait, I guarantee it...:)

Goldfinger pheno#1:

Goldfinger pheno#2:

Black Domina X Maple Leaf Indica (Tar Baby) pheno#3:

MoFlo version 1b:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I chopped the #1 pheno of Goldfinger today at eleven weeks exactly - looks amazing. I'll post some pics in my harvest thread soon, but here's a taster to be going on with...:)

G

Damn....sucks you had to do away with one light. So the MoFlo and Tar Baby is all that's left now eh?

The MoFlo looks very exotic, but I think that tarbaby is going to be a knock out. :yummy:

So, you'll be moving and going outdoors soon. Were you able to save your best mommas ok before the move?

Good luck man..... :yes:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, I've often found that cutting the light can help them finish. After all, in late October, there's not much sun left, but the plants always finish off OK? But really my electric bill is the real killer - have to pay it today, and it's large...:)

There's the Tar Baby, MoFlo, and still another Goldfinger - pheno#2. I'll chop all of these this week sometime. And yeah, most are saved - I've planted everything out that wasn't cloned elsewhere, and friends have some strains in their gardens etc. - 'in storage' as it were. That way I can just take clones all summer long, should I need to...;)

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Nice grow man. Awesome show. The Skunk X Flo bud is sick. Well done

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks - nearly there now. This Black Domina X Maple Leaf is doing my head in though - I've never heard of pure indicas going over 11 weeks, but this looks like it'll finish at 12! I'm pulling out the other Goldfinger tomorrow for harvest on Wednesday - it's more Malawi than the other, but looks to be just about done now. And the MoFlo is a revelation.

Don't have time to take more pics right now, but there'll be plenty of harvest pics soon.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Hi EM :wave:
just got caught up on the thread mate... lookin great and i must say nice harvest.!! props to you bro!!!
peace SIR :joint:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks a lot! I just crawled in there in the dark and pulled out Goldfinger#2 for an extended dark period - for 24 hours at least. I'll harvest it tomorrow around this time. It looks very nice indeed under 'real' light, in the couple of minutes drooling time I allowed myself...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
More madness...

More madness...

Well, it just gets funnier - or more depressing, depending on one's outlook on life, but I try to stick to the former.

I was informed today that my long-lost landlord will be visiting from abroad early next week - Monday or Tuesday. Not only that, but he's bringing an architect to go through the entire property to plan the renovations, etc. Not even my carefully-hidden nursery room will survive that kind of an inspection. I think I've managed to put them off until Tuesday, but the grow is over, as of now. No more time for scrutinishing trichomes etc.....:)

I just switched off everything except the extractor, and will chop the remaining two plants tomorrow afternoon after a long, long night. The second Goldfinger came down today, and is hanging now. I think with the aid of my dehumidifer, I can get them dry enough by next Monday to wrap up and stash somewhere, and then let them finish off drying after they leave. It's a very good dehumidifier, and I can do it gently - they won't get toasted...:)

The nursery will need to be emptied also - which means all 18 new plants in there have to be planted out in the country this weekend...I was planning to do it soon anyway, but there's no choice now. Given all my other commitments, this may be a pretty sleepless weekend, but not half as sleepless as next weekend would be, if I didn't shift this lot in time!

It goes without saying that whilst the plants are drying, the entire main growroom will also have to be dismantled and equipment stashed. So it's time for some cool nerves, and some organisation. I guess sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns, and bring it to the ground.

Wish me luck...I may need it...:)

Last edited:
G

Sucks mate, I hope all goes well in the transplanting outside! I had to disapear for a week or two and came back to thirsty plants, luckily i think everything will servive but its not good.
All the best i hope you get sorted out soon.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I wondered where you'd got to...:)

I've got a great spot in mind - got five plants out in one place, and I've got 18 to stick in this new one - a perfect little valley with SW-facing slopes, very overgrown and hardly visited, as far as I know. It's a derelict mine site from long ago, so I need to make sure there aren't any dodgy holes around before I start stomping around!

And also I'm slightly concerned about what might be under the soil given the history of the site, but most of the other vegetation looks healthy enough, so I'm sure it'll be OK. Stream water running down the hill tested at 6.8 and 7.2, and that's in a fairly chalky neighbourhood, so not too bad really.

It sucks about the flat, but I've had a feeling this was coming for a while, so I haven't got time to get maudlin - time to get trimmin'...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It's over...

It's over...

OK - all the plants are chopped and hanging, and look to be pretty high-yielding - I think the Tar Baby could give me over four ounces - those tops were awful heavy... :chin:

The MoFlo is jaw-dropping in daylight, and I'm glad I saved myself that treat until now! Look out for the harvest pics of both these beauties later tonight - you won't be disappointed...:)

So I'll begin dismantling the growroom on Saturday, and I also have to dismantle the nursery room tomorrow night, and get all 18 plants ready for transplanting outdoors. There's 7 Funk (Skunk X Flo), 3 G13 X Flo, 3 Mystery Strain X Flo, and 5 Deep Chunks - a good mix to test for flower times, etc.

Incidentally, I just tried a barely-dry (moist if I'm truthful) bud from the first Goldfinger after four days hanging - I am soaring........:)