What's new

My Colorado medical garden

P

Paco

toe jam is gonna go like the sage 75 85 days.
you always amaze me with the shit you bring to the garden.

true grit

Veteran
Hey Paco- nope this Candy Kush is most def different than whatever the hell they were running out in aspen (assuming it was DNA's) but not this candy. This one is from some very rare/limited Candy Kush BX beans that only a few homies got- bx of loompa headband.

Self- from the looks of things, the chem4xc99 are looking to be more c99 leaning with how fast they are stacking and nodal spacing...LOTS of tops under the screen- killin the screen right now.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yeah scrog really fills up all the space, we were getting like 22+ zips off 2 plants under 1 600. Not to shabby. I see u are using both the root pots and the smart pots, which do u prefer? I have always made my own smart pots using landscape fabric, I was always getting it for free at my old gh. But I was wondering if u noticed a difference between the two, probably nothing major but I was just curious.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Yeah scrog really fills up all the space, we were getting like 22+ zips off 2 plants under 1 600. Not to shabby. I see u are using both the root pots and the smart pots, which do u prefer? I have always made my own smart pots using landscape fabric, I was always getting it for free at my old gh. But I was wondering if u noticed a difference between the two, probably nothing major but I was just curious.

Biggest difference is shape and price... The Roots pots are a dollar cheaper and are taller and narrower than the smart pots. The guy at the shop said they probably won't hold up as long because they are made out of a degradable material. They seem to hold less soil than the 5 gallon smart pot. It came down to price for me.

Either one will work great

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Yeah I noticed the price difference as well its like a 20 dollar difference on the larger ones, this would cut the overhead by a bit. I liked how they sounded before I seen them, but the ones at the local shop weren't in as good of shape as the ones in your pics. They seemed some what tore and handled bad so I didn't pick any up. It's nice how many different materials you can make these kind of pots out of, especially if you have access to them. It also helps keep the price down, but it does take a little time to make them.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
You know what?? I almost didn't buy them because of how they looked in the store.. I was concerned because it looked like some of the stitching looked like it was coming loose and they felt really cheap next to the smart pots. I bought them anyway and when they were filled with soil they looked much better.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
That's good to hear, I really like everything from those folks, this was the first time I wanted to buy something of theirs and didn't.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
That's good to hear, I really like everything from those folks, this was the first time I wanted to buy something of theirs and didn't.

I really like Roots Organics as well, The only stuff I use from them besides their soil is their myco and if I can't find maxicrop or algemic I use the Trinity. BUT the soil has definitely been going down hill. I keep getting bags that smell like manure and has fungus gnat larva in it. Sucks, but still my favorite soil.

very nice selfhemployed, very nice! I like that blockhead pheno!

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to smoking her.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Wow, I keep hearing about all the problems with soils these days, that sucks, I can't say I've ever bought a bad bag myself. I've used their soils a few times and I liked it, but I really like oregonism, by far the most active product I have found, without a doubt. I haven't known anyone who has used their new synthetics line but we will see.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I'm thinking about trying some new pots soon. Ill have to check out the Roots 3 gal.
it looks like they do really well for you

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know what?? I almost didn't buy them because of how they looked in the store.. I was concerned because it looked like some of the stitching looked like it was coming loose and they felt really cheap next to the smart pots. I bought them anyway and when they were filled with soil they looked much better.
Funny, I passed on the roots pots for my moms, cause of the stitching...

true grit

Veteran
Yeah I started out with buckets, went to Roots pots, but think I'm gonna stick with the Smart Pots... for me seems like the Smart pots dry out a bit faster (if one is looking for that) and allow more air pruning...as in i see roots hittin the bottom and sides faster in the smart pots. but like you said- fuckers are expensive and roots pots work fine for sure. Most def hold less than smart pots tho, and since i bottom feed take stay wet a bit longer....

Have you tried the 707? Less ammended than the normal potting soil. Before i went coco i started finding all sorts of chunks of bark, barkmulch, rocks and sticks...weak. Kinda the way FF went after mass mass production.

Swear i've looked at your vert scrog about 5x now... lol.

Relentless

Veteran
check out smartasspots on ebay... they are the same as smart pots, but a good deal less expensive.. got (12) 7gal for 64 shipped

C

Capt.Cannabis

wow selfhemployed, thats a nicely packed garden. i like how you're doing the sea of green method.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
wow selfhemployed, thats a nicely packed garden. i like how you're doing the sea of green method.

The tents or the stadium? Actually each of those grows are very low plant number rooms. I've just trained them well enought that there are walls or screens of colas. The tent only had 8 plants, the stadium has 16 :)

Latest posts

Latest posts