What's new

My Chemdd polinated the entire garden!

I tried to post this in the breeding section but wouldn't let me.. Well, the title says it all... I had 5 Rezs Chemdd going along with 4 pre 98 bubba & 2 OG Kush. I'm at 40 days and just found 3 of the dankest looking/smelling chemmdds had a bunch of nanners (none on bubbas & og's) and some were already popped open and I can see seed formation on all my plants.. FUCK!!!:mad: Both the OG & Bubbas I've ran last round without any problems (verified 100% females) so It has to be the ChemmDD, since it left evidence behind.. SO.. What should I do guys should I just keep going?? Do you think the seeds that will be made by my pre 98's & OG's be some nice hybrids worth growing? Isn't that how some femms are made? Or should I scrap everything and start over?? Any how would appreciate any word..

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
me personally, would finish um up, must be some bud there to toke in the end. id harvest the seeds, and give um a grow see what ya have.

if ya pass um around, just let peeps know what the deal is on the seed. you may very well find a nice plant to keep that wont act up on ya.

CBF

U

ureapwhatusow

Well, the title says it all... I had 5 Rezs Chemdd going along with 4 pre 98 bubba & 2 OG Kush. I'm at 40 days and just found 3 of the dankest looking/smelling chemmdds had a bunch of nanners (none on bubbas & og's) and some were already popped open and I can see seed formation on all my plants.. FUCK!!!:mad: Both the OG & Bubbas I've ran last round without any problems (verified 100% females) so It has to be the ChemmDD, since it left evidence behind.. SO.. What should I do guys should I just keep going??

Do you think the seeds that will be made by my pre 98's & OG's be some nice hybrids worth growing? possibly BUT I would want to take a stable true female and induce a male flower with colloidal silver or the like instead of using an either super sensitive female or herm's pollen. Is it a true herm? or are there conditions causing to nanner? youd have to run it again and dial it in to know. Either way I woudl think there would be better specimens to choose form when breeding it out.

Isn't that how fems are made? Not exactly, true females are forced to put out male flowers, usually a epic life changing specimen is chosen Or should I scrap everything and start over?? THis is the main reason i answered

experience is the most important learning you will undergo

you will genes captured and you will still have smokable weed. finish it through for 3 weeks till the seeds are mature and then start again

gift out the seed to someone with nothing, someone who is starting out and needs the help

you got a life time to perfect your skills how awesome it that

Thanks guys.. Well the conditions are perfect, none of the other plants had any signs of nanners only the chemdds as this is my first run with them so i'm not sure if its a true herm.. But each plant has 30+ clusters of nanners, all in different stages, some green fresh once and a few the are yellow and popped..

C

cork144

Thanks guys.. Well the conditions are perfect, none of the other plants had any signs of nanners only the chemdds as this is my first run with them so i'm not sure if its a true herm.. But each plant has 30+ clusters of nanners, all in different stages, some green fresh once and a few the are yellow and popped..

from what ive seen chemdd herms all over the place, the seeds produced will probably grow some nice females, but just like the chemdd, your gonna find your gardens pollenated

A

alpinestar

cannabis can have true hermaphroditic plants, just like people are born with that specific condition
im talking a true genetic herm

but cannabis also has a save feature where it can TURN INTO a hermaphrodite, even though it really isnt one
why? well its an evolutionary feature that allows the species to continue if faced with threat

this is triggered by stress. different levels of stress will make cannabis plants change over
light leaks/ fucked up lighting schedules are a great example of this

even stress in veg can make certain plants flower out

now for growers/breeders who want plants that wont put off pollen you want to select for minimal stress response, but this has nothing to do with the plant actually being a hermaphrodite, it has to do with its tendency to turn into one
-not being one from the beginning

what does this mean for you?
that there is a chance that the herm traits might not show up in the progeny of the chemdd

and youre definitely going to fing something strong in there

just give the seeds about a month to finish off
you should be able to see brown hulls sticking out of the buds when they ripen

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've had the same problems with sour diesel IBL's producing banana's ,3 out of 5 fem's produced pollen which i wasn't to pleased with and from what i've read online i'd say the original chem dawg were from hermi plants in the first place with em being found in bud at grateful dead concert and that's why you find alot in the sour diesel and chem dawg lines.

SFC

The Daywrecker will pop out a few balls with minimal stress too. They are not very virile though, so if you end up with 20 seeds you would be lucky. Hopefully that is the case with yours as well. Just pick off the balls as they form.

O.G.#1

Seeds are like a box of chocolates...... well you know the rest!

IMHO thats that downside to seed, ya never know, where as clones are usualy tried and true for the mosst part.

But sometimes youll be rewarded from seed and find a new love even!

Brastaman

for sure take it as a learning experience. if i knew my conditions were legit i would not run the chemdd clones again but i would pop a few seeds of the chemdd x bubbaK, it just sounds like a nice cross for the bubba....

man, how did you not catch clusters of 30 sacks hanging around? :yoinks:
nevermind, i've been there before....

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if the seedline hold your grail flava ,,,,,,its just a matter of work, pheno selection and numbers,,,,,,

grow many seeds under stress,, an only use plant`s with no intersex problems...

:)

H

Hazeseeker

could be a blessing in disguise, especially hitting that OG, this was the same thing that happened with Abusive OG Kush + Mass Super Skunk, 1 hermied pollinated the other = FFA:canabis:

peace

for sure take it as a learning experience. if i knew my conditions were legit i would not run the chemdd clones again but i would pop a few seeds of the chemdd x bubbaK, it just sounds like a nice cross for the bubba....

man, how did you not catch clusters of 30 sacks hanging around? :yoinks:
nevermind, i've been there before....

Yeah for sure bro, i'll be popping those seeds when they ripen.. The clusters were hidden inside the nugs I tell you, I had to dig inside to get them out.. There were so many, a lot of green once that are just starting to form, the once that popped open were hidden inside..

ridgedogs

I tried to post this in the breeding section but wouldn't let me.. Well, the title says it all... I had 5 Rezs Chemdd going along with 4 pre 98 bubba & 2 OG Kush. I'm at 40 days and just found 3 of the dankest looking/smelling chemmdds had a bunch of nanners (none on bubbas & og's) and some were already popped open and I can see seed formation on all my plants.. FUCK!!! Both the OG & Bubbas I've ran last round without any problems (verified 100% females) so It has to be the ChemmDD, since it left evidence behind.. SO.. What should I do guys should I just keep going?? Do you think the seeds that will be made by my pre 98's & OG's be some nice hybrids worth growing? Isn't that how some femms are made? Or should I scrap everything and start over?? Any how would appreciate any word..
I've found some strains to just being prone to nanners even in ideal conditions. Had lots of trouble with Mango. You can try next time using Dutch Master Reverse as a preventative. Same compound farmers use for seedless watermelons. It's a real pisser for sure.

I'm running Chem D(the 1991 cut),and I've never once seen a nanner and the conditions have never been as up to par as they could be....check the source...I'm just saying....

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think if stress testing was done on the mothers,,,,,,then if you would have used clones,,,,,imo,,polination would not have happend,,,,,,

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
you cant be sure stress testing will prove a thing. nobody knows the deal with the recessiveness or dominance of the genes responsible for herms.

this is not simple where you can say -this didnt hermie therfore it wont carry the genes. if the parents carry hermie genes then so will the babies. we have no idea, if we get a girl, that dont herm, is carrying hermie genes, but she probably is if her sisters did.

Rudedewd

Smellmyfinger, Chem D is not the 91 cut, they are two different cuts started years apart. I'm not sure of your source for the cut but if they told you it was Chem D - 91 cut they are mistaken. I ain't saying that you don't have a chem cut as I have no clue but you fo' sho' don't have a 91' Chem D cut.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you cant be sure stress testing will prove a thing. nobody knows the deal with the recessiveness or dominance of the genes responsible for herms.

this is not simple where you can say -this didnt hermie therfore it wont carry the genes. if the parents carry hermie genes then so will the babies. we have no idea, if we get a girl, that dont herm, is carrying hermie genes, but she probably is if her sisters did.

very true,,,

but if his enviroment is stable, and plants are thouroly stress tested to his enviroment,,,then hopefully a stress tested mother wont switch on the hermi expreshion in that enviroment....

no?