What's new

My CannaButter experience..

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I just made this:

It's the first time that i try to cook with cannabis, except of some tries with milky way, which is disgusting.
Because I was a little high when I made the butter I decided to put 100 gr. of not entirely trimmed small buds to 3 packs (600 gr. total) of low salt (didn't find unsalted here) 80% fat butter. Keept on low flame for 4-5 hours, then cooled and then separed the water from the butter, before freezing it.
Above in the picture is the butter that remained after making my first cannabis recipe, a cocoa & chocolate & almond cake.

Beeing high during the making of the cake I decided to put 170 gr. of cannabutter, replacing 50 ml of oil in the recipe. I did that beeing afraid of ending with a plain cake which gives me no high. I realised I made a mistake when I tried if the cake is ready inserting a toothpic into it. (in the recipe it was said that if the toothpic comes clean after inserting it in the cake, the product is well baked)
The toothpick didn't came clean, because the cake was for only 20 minutes in the oven, not 30-40 how the recipe said. I couldn't resist not to lick the semibaked cake & chocolate sauce that was on the toothpick, yeah that tiny bit... of course after 15-20 minutes i had a rushing high, which was clearly not from the joint i smoked 30-40 minutes before that. Then I realised that probably the recommended portion of that cake could be like couple of grams and I should start with small doses to see which is best.

So, after cooling the cake i took a piece of it, which had almost 50 gr. and decided to cut a bit of it and test the effects. I ended up with a piece of 4.18 gr. for the first test. I was high like I never had, and I can say I have smoked a lot during the last period. not even 3 big joints in a row can bring me that high like the 4.2 gr. piece of cake made me.

I decided to test 5, 10 and 15 gr. portions to see if that can be better. 5 and 10 were good experiences, 15 was a bit too much. I don't want to take more than 10 gr., which is more than enaugh to me.

Cake looks like this:

I did put too little cocoa and chocolate and too much butter. Next time I'll try with 50 gr. of cannabutter. I hope that I end with a cake from which I can eat safely about 50 gr. at one serving. I should say that is the first time I try to cook, I did not made even an omlette till now, this is just because it's easier for me to eat at a restaurant. So, I'm really happy with this cake beeing my first try and I'm sure next time I'll make a perfect cake.

I also have a question or two, for those of you who know:

For how long this cake will stay fresh in the fridge, at around 4 degrees Celsius? I ask just because now I have left more than 100 portions of 5 gr. each.
How long the cannabutter should be keept in the fridge and still be good?
And same question, but for the freezer.

Thanks for reading, now I realised how much I wrote (It's not my fault, I just ate 10 gr. of cake 30-40 minutes ago...). I must say that I will sure use cannabis for making cake from now on and for those of you who have some buds that don't need for smoking, low quality buds or trim... I recommend to try cooking with cannabis.

If you have questions or comments feel free to post!
Maybe next time I make cake I'll come with more pictures & details.
I hope I posted this in the right forum... I'm too high to be sure. I'm impressed about how much I could write. This is my longest post I think... lol.. :yoinks:

Good luck everybody! ... and STAY HIGH!!! :joint: :woohoo:

Last edited:

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Very nice description. I am going to make something with cannabutter. It sounds like fun.

Years ago I ate some hash and went to a concert. It was a lot of fun.

Wfw1

Very nice, this is one of the few things I've yet to try, waiting for the right opportunity.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
This is the description I gave beeing high... maybe it's not complete but I think after I'll try to make the perfect cake next time... if I'll find the right recipe.. maybe I'll post it along with pictures and explanations.

lol... eating hash... did you chewed or swallowed it? :D

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Hi, I chewed the hash and then washed it down with some tea or some drink. I can't remember. I ate something right after that and it worked pretty well. It was a Santana concert in the early 1980's. He was doing some amazing guitar solos.

By the way, did you ever try to make brownies with cannabutter. They are easy to make and have a very good flavor.

Check this out man. It is a great recipe for brownies even for a beginner cook.

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-recipes/marijuana_brownies.html

I have cooked for years and worked for 15 years as a cook in a hospital.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
never tried to make brownies, this cake is my first ever try.
but I have some spare buds to try some recipes... maybe I'll try even some stoners spaghetti... :)

but for now I have enaugh of this cake... :abduct:

well i looked at the brownies recipe and it's very similar to my cake recipe... but I use flour and almonds. maybe I'll try it thanks for the link!

I plan to make a cake with lots of dark chocolate chips & almonds.. and only 50 gr cannabutter. Hope that will be perfect.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
I wonder if you can use cannabutter on pancakes or French toast.

mmmmm.......Frennch Toasssst...............aaaaaaggggghhhhhh

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
can be used in every dish as long as you don't overcook it or use too much heat, but I think if the recipe doesn't have some flavours you should try to add some to end with a good tasting receipe. A receipe tasting like the cannabutter should be nasty..

al3ck

nice cake...can i have a piece...:p...cookies are also made of cannabutter...right? I'm planing to do some cookies...does someone have a good recepie for som kickass cookies?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
i allready made some blueberry pancakes... maybe i'll put some pictures when i'll have the time to do this.

I still have like 80 grams of butter, what i should do with it? any sugestions?

VanVulpen

Veteran
Popcorn sounds like a great way to use the cannabutter.. i never thought about it before :wallbash: all you need now is a couple of good movies and some beers around :D...

supersonic

hey exploziv gbb,

to answer one of your questions... I had cannabutter in freezer for more than 6 months and I usually eat it raw, and it was ok, no bad feelings in stomach etc...

I guess in fridge it lasts as long as butter's expire date or so...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
thanks for answering my question!
From now on I'll make less cannabutter in a batch, I'll probably start with 2 packs of butter to get around 100 gr. of cannabutter. And I'll probably use less bud, because my cannabutter had so much thc in it, had to eat micro quantities only.

R

REDEYE_420

Grrrrr ive got the munchies and i couldnt resist looking at your thread-my belly is rumbling like a mo'fo'! That cake looked mmmm mm mmmmmmmm! This is my first look into the cooking with cannabis section-OMG am i guna av sum fun making ganja cakes etc etc.

Peace.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
thanks man! yeah the cake was delicios but as every piece over 10 grams meant a couple of hours of really unpleasant trippy high I could not eat as much at a time that I would have want.
also thanks for posting, you reminded me to do another batch of butter. this is the first thing to do after I will return from vacation.

:wave: