What's new

My Ace Place

Levitationofme

Nematodes and sticky traps

Nematodes and sticky traps

I feel that I have gotten control of the problem of fungus gnats that had been bugging me. Of course I was the source, dumbass me and my worm farm outside on the patio.

A combination of Sticky traps and a layer of "mud" to which I added
Nematodes. I had purchased a small amount of them to see what they were about. They come in a substrate that must be inoculated with a ton of them. You can make a Mud or mix into water and spread them that way. I used the mud and completely covered the surface of the pots with a 1/2 inch layer. Put out new sticky traps.

Over course of a week they are basically gone. 2 separate and equally infected boxes. Same results. Outside I tried to utilize the rest on a couple fruit trees. Will be difficult to tell if its effective out there. I get lots of grubs in the soil. Lots of critters diggin um up.

Anyway, for those who are curious about Nematodes my first try with them was good experience. Expensive to use compared to soapy water.

Levitationofme

Hi Levi,you can take a look at her here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7495906&postcount=14
Classic Syd dwarf:biggrin:(only 3 weeks of veg)
Almost gave her a go this run,too.
I have read somewhere here that the dinafem version is the hy-pro cut...Many also say that the "dam amnesia"is really the A5 haze...So much speculation like many other strains.
Let us have a peek when you have time :)

I just looked in on the Amnesia and it looks textbook ready, I will let her dry out a day or so
Then box her up. Let her dry. I believe it will fit inside a heavy cardboard box ment for 20+ dozen eggs. Tall enough, handy handles as well.

Levitationofme

Bodhi Acapulco Gold seedlings
These are from a few days ago. Transitioned into 12/12
yesterday.

Mostly because that is what I have been doing and it has been working well for me. And I have back up seeds if it is a fail. :biggrin:

Levitationofme

Thanks ACE! Holy Sativa!

Thanks ACE! Holy Sativa!

Yea this Panama Diosa X Zameldica just will not stop growing!
It smells now like a mix of Hazy Citrusy incense.

Terpines suggested Soil Mix, 2 Gallon SIP, 2 doses of NFTG nutrients over the last few weeks as the soil gave it's all. 1 small cabinet, 1 BD 240 LED, Lots of water....

This will be a mad big yield for a small plant. Im thinkin its done which usually means Dubi will tell me go 2 more weeks :biggrin:

The Lowdown on this plant is that it is extremely vigorous. It handles LST no problem. 12/12 from seed. 11/13 after 5 weeks. Small amounts of trimming just make it grow more. It really liked the intense LED. I was able to keep the light 10 inches from the top of the plant. That is as extreme as I would like to go. When I did feed her I top dressed with full strength nutrients then watered those in. I added EWC Tea a couple times as well as Mammoth P, and Photosynthesis plus. That is all...

G

Congrats on the Amnesia harvest and ,man,this Zam x Diosa looks fantastic.Should I take the risk and ask how long after the 11/13 flip she's now :biggrin: ? As you said,2 weeks from now seems ok.

Levitationofme

I am not that organized usually but I did write down the day I saw Flowers first. 1/10/2017
and I moved her to the 11/13 box on or around 2/10/2017 and she is still there.
Im a bad scientist.
My dad was one for much of his professional life. Perhaps I am a 55 year old rebel.

G

:biggrin:Really impressed me there,didn't expect you'd remember :laughing:
Looks also that you've figured the algorithm -" Im thinkin its done which usually means Dubi will tell me go 2 more weeks" :) Looks like the case here,too .Maybe he'll chime in.
How's your Haze/Kali china after some cure?

Levitationofme

Its really great. Perfect first buzz of the day.
Clear and no burn, stinks up the porch good. Bit of excitement going up,
2 monster bong hits and im good to drive to beach and walk for an hour or 2.
Were I to do that with the Zam i would end up
Smoking a few too many as its what I do when I
Get started on such powerful herb.
I can work while stoned on the Haze crosses I have grown. Very clear high. Easy to not look like a moronically stoned old fart.
I realize that may not be that high a goal, but what the hell.

Levitationofme

Geeking out now with the Acapulco Gold plans. I have cleaned out and refilled a 2 gallon SIP

This time with some "Build a Soil" with Fish Compost I had on hand.
I don't have enough of the last batch of soil, and I don't have all the amendments collected for the next soil recipe. So What the hell...
I am a couple weeks from needing to transplant into this, so I have added a few worms from my worm farm and some chopped apple. and I have Wet the soil and filled the reservoir with a fresh batch of EWC Tea. I have it covered with plastic wrap at the moment. See if I can get the worms settled and happy.

Meanwhile I will finish collecting the ingredients for the Terpene soil version 2 and mix it up as I am out of legit dirt.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Levitationofme,

Wow! The Panama x Zamaldelica cross looks awesome! :)
Very high yielding and excellent flower/leaf ratio, the aromas sound excellent as well!
Thanks a lot for the feedback, i appreciate A LOT the feedback about the new crosses we have recently produced. Can't wait for the smoke report after the curing :yes:

Going to stick any relevant new Ace related stuff in this thread.

Such as this

Popped two ace standard Mix seeds on 1/19
Germinated overnight and placed in Root Riot Cubes.
Popped surface and dropped the shells today. I moved them to
Solo Cups with seed starting soil.

I also Have 2 Testers of the pack gifted to me by the Cool people at Ace :biggrin:
Panama Diosa X Zameldica
which are a week or so ahead of the Mystery Seedlings.

One Non Ace plant in the mix in my first try at a SIP
an Amnesia variety. That is the big indica looking plant

These are the Mixed from Ace

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67820&pictureid=1698276&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67820&pictureid=1698280&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

It has taken great skill and patience but I seem to have figured out
horizontal growing methods see below

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67820&pictureid=1698282&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67820&pictureid=1698283&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The horizontal Zameldica keeps surprising me and the Buds keep growing. SO I am letting it go as long as it wants.

Here is my mix pack group! One thing i adore about heavy sats is i can plant them like tomato's and they give me eye candy. I wouldnt mind trying a similar strain from ace thats like dr.grinspoon.

Attachments

• 0407170412.jpg
    0407170412.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 0407170412a.jpg
    0407170412a.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 0407170412b.jpg
    0407170412b.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 0407170412c.jpg
    0407170412c.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 8
Do those look ^^^^indcaish? Those fat fans are throwing me off. I thought to myself shit man ace mix pack i prob should have at least a couple equatorial type varietals but im sooo noobish to sats!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi mushulatubbee,

The ACE Mixes indeed contain mainly fast flowering hybrids, there are indica and wide leaf hybrids in the ACE mix, while Tropical Mix is our more sativa mix.

I apologize for my ignorance! I gotta get on those! My gosh your standard pack got a cold blast this weekend( 55ish) and they seemed to like it! One actually WREAKS!
Very happy with them so thankyou! Golden tiger and P purple are popped and awaiting life!