What's new

My 1st run with 126w Penetrator LED grow light

Nicoli

Veteran
They are moving along nicely eh... no disappointment from the LED's yet... I hope the flowers are thick and nice too.

vnice

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It looks like the top I broke and taped on the PBSD4C actually made it!

I've broken/taped tops before and either they've looked fine and responded fine, or they wilted and died.

This top was totally wilted a couple hours later and I really didn't expect it to make it. Since it was at the very back of the cab I haven't looked at it for a couple days and totally expected to remove a dried/dead top this morning when I checked the plants.

I was really surprised to see it growing and I have to attribute it to the cool temps that these leds run at.

In my other micro cabs, the cfls and ventilation used to keep the cfls cool really suck more moisture out of the plants/soil then the led cab. That's why when broken tops wilted in my cfl micro cabs they always died.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, the top is still alive.

I've also had to super-crop a couple more tops on the Chesaw and PBSD4A, but now it's looking like the stretch is finally over.

The tops are all about 4 inches below the light, but I expect them to end up near the lights as the buds get larger.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we are at the end of the fourth week of flowering.

Day 28 Flower

Catpiss1

picture.php

picture.php

Catpiss2

picture.php

picture.php

Chesaw

picture.php

picture.php

PBSD4A

picture.php

picture.php

PBSD4B

picture.php

picture.php

PBSD4C

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a shot of the canopy

picture.php

and the plants back in the cab

picture.php

It looks like the stretch is over and now they should just bulking up.

Nicoli

Veteran
Very nice.. Liking the training on those, lotsa branches coming out everywhere. PBSD4 looks great!

So as of this point, are any indications that these nugs wont be as good/dense as HID or CFL?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't really tell at this point. The plants are all healthy and look good.

I'm sure in the next couple weeks I'll be able to better judge how they are progressing compared to cfls/hid.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we are at the end of week five.

I'm aiming for 70 days of flowering, so this marks the half-way point.

Day 35 Flower

Catpiss1

picture.php

picture.php

Catpiss2

picture.php

picture.php

Chesaw

picture.php

picture.php

PBSD4A

picture.php

picture.php

PBSD4B

picture.php

picture.php

PBSD4C

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a shot of the canopy

picture.php

Starting to look nice and frosty!

LEDGirl

Veteran
I have the 126w unit and it does burn plants if they touch the glass for very long.

This is dependent upon strain and ambient room temperatures. The bleaching is more caused by the intensity of the light than it is heat, as LED's produce very little heat. I've had plenty of plants touch the glass for days on end, and very few of them did any bleaching. The only place and time bleaching ever occurred in my own garden, was with certain strains during weeks 3-5 in bloom if they were too close. I say certain strains because the one right next to it could be a the exact same distance from the light, and show no signs of bleaching.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is dependent upon strain and ambient room temperatures. The bleaching is more caused by the intensity of the light than it is heat, as LED's produce very little heat. I've had plenty of plants touch the glass for days on end, and very few of them did any bleaching. The only place and time bleaching ever occurred in my own garden, was with certain strains during weeks 3-5 in bloom if they were too close. I say certain strains because the one right next to it could be a the exact same distance from the light, and show no signs of bleaching.

Agreed!

My plants are very close to the lights, averaging 2-4", with a couple buds almost touching the lights (.25"-.5") and I haven't seen any burning nor bleaching on them.