What's new

My 1st basement grow 12 bucket dwc

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
PlumpMonkey

Everthing looks good, However the chiller and the air conditioner are needed, You need complete control to get the best results IMHO. I didnt have a lot of time to read through your thread completely or post a proper reply, However I will stop back in soon as I have a little more free time.

Until next time be safe and take care!

plumpm0nkey

trust me i know i need a chiller, it keeps me up at night, im throwing in a ac in a day or so to help, the ice blocks are helping out alot.

MID TOWN

HAPS is right about the neem. your supposed to spray it on once a week and rinse it off 2-3 days after use or you'll cloge the pores of the plants.

"the windows sliding hole is about 1" square"

I'm not sure what you mean by that but go with a bigger AC than you think you need. It'll save you alot in electricity and extend the life of the unit not mention the better cooling capacity.

plumpm0nkey

ok i took these with my crap camera phone. my 2 giant bushes i had growing in soil dried up when i switched em over, so im trying to salvage them and will do a transplant with special soil.. as you can see i have a ghetto a/c setup :) all i had on me was trash bags and duct tape and ducting. im running a test run on trying to clone for the 1st time. more to post soon..

plumpm0nkey

yeah i know i need to do some serious intensive care on the soil plants. but my wife is about to pop out a kid any day now..so i have other priorities.

N

NZjay

they will grow for another week+ when you go to flower... so if they are already "getting pretty tall", its probably time to go to flower.

you can leave the lights off for 36 hours before you start 12/12.
this helps the plants know they are in flower now, not veg, and they wont stretch as much the last week.

GL! they are looking good.

D

d4.

NZjay said:
they will grow for another week+ when you go to flower... so if they are already "getting pretty tall", its probably time to go to flower.

you can leave the lights off for 36 hours before you start 12/12.
this helps the plants know they are in flower now, not veg, and they wont stretch as much the last week.

GL! they are looking good.

For real? Good tip.

Also, good hydro grow. Real nice! :D

plumpm0nkey

Thanks Nzjay! I love your grow . I know if had alot more money to spend on the grow i could do so much of a better job. But you learn as you go.

Thanks for the love :joint:

N

NZjay

thats part of the fun, Plump!...learning as ya grow..

thanx for the kind words about my grow too... come over and post sometime ... you too D4! :D

as you get some money together.. re-invest as you go... and improve your grow room everytime. a little something everytime will add up..

You are doing great for your first grow man.. keep it up, and keep it safe!!

Last edited:

plumpm0nkey

omg they are growing so fast. ive been adding hydrogen peroxide into the mix and it has made my roots so thick and not srtingy. i will be flippin to 12/12 veryy soon, just gotta get everything in order. the room has been at a steady 75 degrees and my ph is 6.3 my ppm is acting werid though.

this is from 3 days ago

week ago

kovenant

lookin good from what i see plump! are you running at a high pH on purpose - or is it because you think your pH gauge is not showing the correct pH?

i'd get that checked out and make sure you're not at that high of pH. in hydro and DWC you should be running 5.4-5.8... i tried to keep mine 5.4-5.6 most times and got great, green health from that pH

let me know how it going, but all seems well. did you loose your soil grow?

plumpm0nkey

yeah i lost my soil grow. wow my ph is high? shit i was goin off what the bottle said. gotta pick up flower fert sometime this week.

kovenant

the right side shows optimal pH levels for soil grows. it seems that's where you've had your pH. you will see a great improvement with your plants if you are pH'ing for hydro when you are using a hydroponic system (the left side of the chart.)

i just started my 2nd grow.... im pulling out my DWC bucket system and going soil (and organic) this round. why? if i pull the DWC res, water chiller, and all the air pumps, etc - i can install my 600W HPS lamps side by side on light movers and run 24 plants instead of 12. im basing this grow off of a thread Blazeoneup did on soil... he mixes a soil that he claims doesnt need any nute from clone to harvest. im going to be using a light nute solution with mine... but i liked the idea of not having to, and doubling my production. have a stop by if you are interested - the link is in my signature.

so are you having any troubles on your current hydro? lets see some pics!! :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts