What's new

MUST STAY OUT of the Strains/Hybrids & Seed Forums :mad:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Hi there! I was going through uncs seed packs, and found one that caught my eye. Blue Light Special (NL x C99) x Blue Apollo. Just wanted to know what Blue Apollo was. Sounds fun and tasty!

from what i could find Blue Apollo is DJ Shorts Blueberry x Apollo 11.

at least that's what google says... lol... probably right...

GP73LPC

Veteran
as hard as it is im trying to thin the herd as well in terms of keepers...and i already know some of the beans in my collection have lost their allure and probably wont produce any keepers, so i havent even popped them. i have more fun popping beans made from fellow members crosses, all the nice underground shit not available on the bay....and some of whom have already popped dozens of packs and hunted the best phenos for clone circulation, takes all the fun/mystery out of it i guess...but the time saved makes up for it...

i did buy a few packs of BOG recently, but it was to restock sour bubble that i grew out years ago and loved...some good genetics in those beans..

now that i think about it im kind of curious whats in the cannabiogen PCK...

i've got PCK somewhere over the Atlantic as we speak :dance013:

love me some bogglegum, anxious to try sour bubble...

let the insanity continue... :dance:

GP73LPC

Veteran
the bay just helped me cross two strains off my list, that opens up two spots :D

DJ Shorts has Grape Krush #2 on the Boo now ;)

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GP,

I'm going to give you some advice, and I'm sure it will sound like I'm attacking you, but need to say it, as I see you have the illusion mask on..

your stashing your dream, and not living it.

your getting caught up with the thought of growing these "wonderful " strains, instead of actually growing them..

there's a phrase I once said to people, which I don't anymore, as once again it sounds bad, but it's for your own good: "either your growing or your not"

there's no time like the present, if you want to grow then go after it.. no time is a good time..

GP I say this as I was once in your shoes.. trust me.. I had the lists of strains, had seeds stored for "future" growing, had books on growing, read about growing... but you know what I wasn't doing that whole time? growing

GP73LPC

Veteran
GP,

I'm going to give you some advice, and I'm sure it will sound like I'm attacking you, but need to say it, as I see you have the illusion mask on..

your stashing your dream, and not living it.

your getting caught up with the thought of growing these "wonderful " strains, instead of actually growing them..

there's a phrase I once said to people, which I don't anymore, as once again it sounds bad, but it's for your own good: "either your growing or your not"

there's no time like the present, if you want to grow then go after it.. no time is a good time..

GP I say this as I was once in your shoes.. trust me.. I had the lists of strains, had seeds stored for "future" growing, had books on growing, read about growing... but you know what I wasn't doing that whole time? growing

i grew for almost 4 years.

i currently cannot grow due to my living conditions, but as soon as i can i will be growing. i expect that within the year.

trust me, it's not about the buying of seeds.

it's about growing so i can smoke the finest cannabis available to me...

thanks for your concern, but i'm good. :tiphat:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ GP.

forgive my ignorance then? I'm sorry for assuming.

wow, you do have seed issues then.. haha

GP73LPC

Veteran
^ GP.

forgive my ignorance then? I'm sorry for assuming.

wow, you do have seed issues then.. haha

lol, it's not that serious, but really what i am doing right now is two fold. planning and saving...

by not growing right now and getting buy on cheap rent, i am able to save up and will be building my own place in the country.

i have a house in the city i rent and previously tried to sale, but that's a push right now (at least i am building equity). i have moved out of the city and into the country with plans of staying here. i already have land. no a huge chunk of land and the neighbors house can be seen, but it's a good 500-600 feet away.

i will be able to build to my specs, with my hidden room and hidden door, etc... and pay cash for a good chunk of it.

at this point i am doing everything i can short of growing to prepare for the day. when that day comes i will have the equipment, the genetics and the privacy needed to hit the ground running !!! :D :dance013:

also, i am not only buying some new stuff, but replacing some genetics i lost several years ago ;)

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have seed issues myself, and I've been actively growing for a long time. The more I read, the more I add to my "to do" list. If I stop reading about new strains today, I'll have about 10 years worth of new strains to try. That's assuming I start 2 or 3 new strains every grow and never actually use these mother plants I've selected. I've bought so many seeds already, I just hope they're still viable by the time I get around to them.

G

Guest 88950

GP

i had the NL from female seeds and it was similar to the link you posted........piney w/ lemon.....almost pine-sol smelling.

it was good meds and i need to get a pack to pheno hunt again.

my issue isnt with collecting but narrowing down the # of strains to keep........i want to keep them all.

GP73LPC

Veteran
ha, ha, i hear you SSH... i would love to keep a mum of everything. that would be cool...

of course there is the couple of members here that are grafting. one has 3 or 4 strains on 1 plant now :D

just when i am trying to slow down on buying, mosca negra has a thread with some holiday specials going up tomorrow. i know what i'm doing at 2 PM UK time tomorrow ;)

G

Guest 88950

grafting has been on my mind for a while...just not confident enough to try it.

just attempted cloning using the air-layering technique so if all goes well i might give grafting a try........just need to graft plants that have a similar appetite, dont want to put a light feeder with a heavy feeder for fear of running into probs that im to inexpierenced to avoid.

GP73LPC

Veteran
well the Mosca Holiday offers are up on the boo and bay.

i've added more strains to my stock :D

i'm gonna have to get a part time job :dance:

Latest posts

Latest posts