What's new

Mushrooms with my marijuana

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
ST-You got PM

Quad- I think that slurry idea would be great to try with. I found mushie water to be good stuff when it comes to innoculation. i think i'm gonna have to try growing some of these beauties as i'm getting hungry looking. Anyone have some extra oyster spores willing to trade-PM me? I Wish we had A. Muscaria down here, maybe i'm just unlucky.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey MM,

My main concern is those types of fungi (maybe not truffle) but those which have fruit-bodies and are saprophytic (i.e. non-microscopic) is I worry they could be 'eating' the media (or the OM in the media) just like they do compost when growing fungi for their fruit-bodies (to those who don't know what "fruit bodies" are, they are commonly known as mushrooms). I wonder happens to the compost or EWC in the media if those fungi mycelia colonizes it.

I assume the degreation of OM would not be huge but I am curious if it would have an effect on media properties like porosity.

I am sure they do benefit the plant but I wonder at what cost...

All the best

I'm quite certain the effect is highly beneficial nutrient wise. I don't pretend to know the effect on the soil porosity but I was never into the mixed media like you are. One advantage to saprophytic fungi is that they convert lignin and cellulose to carbohydrates used by other organisms (e.g. bacteria/archaea) which ultimately feed them to plants.

Flying Goat

Awesome thread, guys! I haven't grown any mushies since the 90s with p. cubensis Amazonian B+... Fun experiment! I also farmed the mycelium in quart jars in the pantry for acid extraction later... Very fun experiment!

I love the idea of companion planting, as I am also a chef & psychic cosmonaut, as well as a gardener...

From a medical perspective, I deal with fibromyalgia, muscle spasm & frequent migraines, etc... Chronic pain club. Love poppy tea to sooth my back fractures & IBS. The leaves of papaver somniforum are an excellent smoke - fast-acting pain killer with less odor than a cigarette... I used to combine poppy & MJ when I was very ill (before my remission) & these seemed to have a synergistic effect...

Latest posts

Latest posts