What's new

Mushrooms anyone...

O M G..dude that is the biggest flush i've ever seen ... dude I sware to god to you Experts at this hobby don't even get that on their first try!...You're my hero Bear.

That's a kick ass looking mutant you got there.

M

mikeraach

I got some Thai that I inoculated last friday and has almost colonized all 4 of my jars. I probably got less than a week till I case.

Bearfootlove: That last pic you posted is beautiful. Correct me if I'm wrong though, don't you want to harvest right when the veil has left the stalk? Or does this just happen so quick that from night to next day they can go from closed to open?

mikeraach said:
I got some Thai that I inoculated last friday and has almost colonized all 4 of my jars. I probably got less than a week till I case.

Bearfootlove: That last pic you posted is beautiful. Correct me if I'm wrong though, don't you want to harvest right when the veil has left the stalk? Or does this just happen so quick that from night to next day they can go from closed to open?

It's best to because if not your left with a mess of spores, once the veil tears the spores drop. No big deal just a mess.

J

Jack Crevalle

I hate when people act like shrooms are worse than cannabis for some strange reason. That makes no sense..

I know it is more dangerous. For many reasons, but one reason is a close friend of mine who, together with a friend of his, took shrooms daily, until one day they decided they could fly and decided to jump out a window..
You definitely need to be safer about it's use..MJ on the other hand is not deadly, I believe you can die from overdosing on psylocibin (sp?) according to that website also...you can't OD on MJ

Youareborg

I had my first decent mushroom expereince a few weeks ago. Not enough to really see any visuals, but there were some damn pretty streetlights that morning... :)

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
Jack Crevalle said:
I know it is more dangerous. For many reasons, but one reason is a close friend of mine who, together with a friend of his, took shrooms daily, until one day they decided they could fly and decided to jump out a window..
You definitely need to be safer about it's use..MJ on the other hand is not deadly, I believe you can die from overdosing on psylocibin (sp?) according to that website also...you can't OD on MJ
To quote Bill Hicks, "if he thought he could fly, why didn't he just take off from the ground?"

I would never jump out of a fucking window on shrooms...and I also trip responsibly if I think I might be in an environment where I might pose a danger to myself, with a sitter.

JARofHERB

Here is my cyan haul from Dec.. I have a nice local patch that is just fuc#ing crazy, with huge flushes every year for the past 3 years..
85lbsof.cyans-1.jpg

mustardsauce

Jack Crevalle said:

your friends are fucking stupid then. Shrooms are only as dangerous as the person eating them. If you don't know your limit, of course something will happen. Don't be a dumbass and trip everyday, and know your limit, and shit like that won't happen.

J

Jack Crevalle

your friends are fucking stupid then. Shrooms are only as dangerous as the person eating them. If you don't know your limit, of course something will happen. Don't be a dumbass and trip everyday, and know your limit, and shit like that won't happen.

Go say that to an alcoholic or a cigarrette smoker, doesn't make it less dangerous. I think anyone who does stupid things are fucking stupid people, but there are alot of them around, still doesn't make it any less dangerous..

R

Raistlin Majere

JARofHERB said:
Here is my cyan haul from Dec.. I have a nice local patch that is just fuc#ing crazy, with huge flushes every year for the past 3 years..
85lbsof.cyans-1.jpg

beautiful haul !!!

good or bad - take 'em or leave 'em
cubies are not for all
stay safe and have fun

Feyd :wave: hey buddy

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
I`ll be growin em later this year. Just gotta get some more supplies for my (weed) grow first...

I plan on just getting a grow kit, one thats already innoculated and u just add water.
The reasons are: much less suspicious coming through customs than a syringe full of spores, less to screw up (already sterilized and innoculated), seems a lot easier and pretty idiot-proof.

Is this a bad idea? (the kit)

Once I grow some shrooms I can get spores and become self-sufficient, right?

Last edited:
Saibai said:
I`ll be growin em later this year. Just gotta get some more supplies for my (weed) grow first...

I plan on just getting a grow kit, one thats already innoculated and u just add water.
The reasons are: much less suspicious coming through customs than a syringe full of spores, less to screw up (already sterilized and innoculated), seems a lot easier and pretty idiot-proof.

Is this a bad idea? (the kit)

Once I grow some shrooms I can get spores and become self-sufficient, right?

i wouldent think a kit like that would make it through customs you would be better off geting a print on paper if in your country they are banned

with a print you have more chances if it goes wrong

you can do ther whole process in 4 weeks the quickest i have ever grown cubes in three weeks from spore to mushroom ! but thats with my oakridge strain they are very strong for a cube mainly visuals no funny body feeling i have built up a good colection of spores maybe ten strains hundreds of prints !! got bored of the shrooms now want to grow some bud hard to get hold of cuts where i live just hope i can get some seeds soon :violin:

79towncar

A friend of mine tolde me shrooms are just as easy to grow as weed, but it costs less money. Only problem is there's a smaller market. I never understood why the market for coke was sooo big. Herion I could. But if there were as many people who used mushrooms like they do weed people could be making huge dollars. But I'm sure some people already do.

A plant is a lot more easier to grow than weed, it can take more abuse when if you go bulk and that bulk gets contaminated, there's all that work down the drain. Mushrooms are more science related than anything. Plants IMO are 10x more easier.

Open Eyes

Exactly. If you think you want to go "out there", or took too much, make sure you have a baby sitter prior to your adventures. Shrooms are to be treated with respect and reverence and anybody that is taking them on a daily basis needs to have their head screwed on right as that is not only asking for trouble since you will be increasing tolerance and dosage.

I know somebody :) who has taken LSD about 50 times and i have had grand times and some downright frightening experiences but all of those had lasting positive effects on me and my life. I know somebody that took mushrooms a few times and had those some experiences.

The saying that it is all about set and setting is no joke. If you feel like crap then do not do it, end of. If you know you have underlying psychological problems then don't even go down that road in the first place is what i suggest.

There is a chance that after taking the mushrooms that your previously debilitating psychological mentality and thought process will seem insignificant in the bigger picture of life all of a sudden. There are studies that report terminally ill patients treated with mushrooms are able to face their "end" much better.

Just play it safe and have a babysitter if you are worried but i also suggest doing it with somebody under the influence as well that you know, trust, and can be comfortable with.

And whoever said to take MAOIs (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) needs to have their head examined as well. That is just stupid and dangerous information to be giving out to somebody that might do that.

Ipsissimus

And whoever said to take MAOIs (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) needs to have their head examined as well. That is just stupid and dangerous information to be giving out to somebody that might do that.

open eyes read about short acting harmala alkaloids. different class of maois than anti-depressants.