What's new

Mushroom Hunting!

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran

Found these today in midwest.us

thought maybe chantrele(spl?) but where the stem is connected to cap looked differ.

whatta think?

and the morel, becuz they look so nice.

thanks...

79towncar

HAHA great thread, in the village in Sicily where my mother is from they make the oldest person in the village eat the freshly picked batch of mushrooms first in case they are poisonous!! haha I swear no joke.. How nuts is that!

I have grown mushrooms, but was sloppy. I want to get the ganja down before really fine tuning the fungus. I can trust growing mushrooms more outside than walking around picking mushrooms. There are not any confusing mushrooms in my area, all clearly edible or very certain not.

There are some mushrooms that are native on the river valley, but it is to dry up here. I think some high grass with Birch and Beech trees for mulch and they will adapt. Mushrooms are more tricky to grow to have nutrients than cannabis, I have not tinkered around enough.

quadracer

HAHA great thread, in the village in Sicily where my mother is from they make the oldest person in the village eat the freshly picked batch of mushrooms first in case they are poisonous!! haha I swear no joke.. How nuts is that!

Haha. The old people probably tell that to the young people so the young people bring them fresh mushrooms. Those Italians know and cherish their shrooms, I doubt an old Ital would eat a deadly species, but it's hard to speak in generalizations.

It is etiquette here to share finds with the older people who still love fresh shrooms but cannot physically gather them (or at least as much as you). Perhaps it's some sort of mushie karma.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
Haha. The old people probably tell that to the young people so the young people bring them fresh mushrooms. Those Italians know and cherish their shrooms, I doubt an old Ital would eat a deadly species, but it's hard to speak in generalizations.

It is etiquette here to share finds with the older people who still love fresh shrooms but cannot physically gather them (or at least as much as you). Perhaps it's some sort of mushie karma.

:yeahthatsAlways try to share with elders. They taught me what to look for.

thanks quadracer on the positive id, wasn't interested in eatin, just saw them when mowin, thought would try a quick id.

rr shrooms, what do ya think, stay in or through em outside?

RESINvention

Mushrooms are some of the most fun to watch, "fruiting" specimens that I've come to see. Rhizomorphic mycelium is a sight for sore eyes, as well as different species being grown in agar, what an image. Thanks for throwin up this thread and all the contributions, very cool.

oh I love me some morels.....I'll have to dig up some pics on the hard drive for ya alll.....I found over a thousand this year....well between me and a friend..and we dont count spikes. That is all greys and yellows. I just dont know what to look for if its not a morel. I would love to go out with a experienced hunter sometime though. If anyone is in the midwest and is planning a weekend hunt or anything, I would be game. I actually just ordered 2 books, 1 for the phsycadelic ones and a book on edibles. But I still dont think I would eat one just because a book says so, I would need some assurance from another, wiser hunter.

quadracer

Bump. Almost mushroom season for me. I know they are popping up everywhere else. Is anyone finding anthing?

Here are some that I found growing under a lady friend.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
quadracer.....happy hunting.....
4.gif
.......Fall time here, only few moments left
8.gif
here to collect some fall goodies....

quadracer

yes, for sure!!! It is going to rain here pretty good on Tuesday, good for mushrooms, bad for marijuana.

I'm definitely caught in a morel dilemma, haha...

H

humboldtlocal

I love mushroom hunting. Some of my best times have been spent out in the woods looking at the ground. It is so fun and exciting. My favorites are chanterels. I have also found a lot of boletes, and a few shaggy manes. I found a new morrel patch on my property last winter but they were already over the hill. But I will be keeping an eye on that area for sure. The coming rains bring worry for my ganja and excitement for my fungi. "All that the rain promises and more" has been my hunting companion for years. Happy hunting.

79towncar

Yea I love hunting too.. I usually always look at the wood lovers.. Those for me are some of the most ignored and facinating mushrooms.. They are also huge.. It can take years for the mycellium to colonize a big enough portion of a tree to fruit.. I dont know they are just always passed over..

quadracer

Some recent edible finds:

The season has begun!

Attachments

• november mushrooms 032.jpg
    november mushrooms 032.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 14
  • november mushrooms 046.jpg
    november mushrooms 046.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 16
  • november mushrooms 047.jpg
    november mushrooms 047.jpg