Mushroom Hunting!

Indica Jones

Here is a PF ready to be put in the fruiting chamber.:woohoo:

Attachments

• 80% 001.jpg
    80% 001.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 15

Indica Jones

indica that jar doent look likes its fully colonized, and spore syringes can last for a year in the fridge no problem

That's just the dry verm I put on top to keep the green mold(trichoderma) away. The cake shrunk and the dry verm is falling down the side. When doing PF using syringes, the mycelium goes from the top down. I agree casing cakes are the way to go.:yes: I was just showing my brother a way to get his shroom legs.

*mr.mike*

Whether I'm in New England or the Baltics, I can find a bunch of different mushrooms in the woods that are either edible or better.

Where I live now, I can go in the woods and get about a pound of chanterelles every morning from late april until june, and then in late august again. Plenty of the king boletus here, too.

I won't pick anything that isn't really good, as long as I have a choice, though, and I never even touch a bad one, let alone pick it and put it near others.

quadracer

Thank god for the rain, just a recent find of some Porcinis growing right next to the road.

There are mushrooms everywhere, or at least there used to be beforeI went out and picked them all :)

Attachments

• porcini.jpg
    porcini.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 16

Indica Jones

Nice little cakes:abduct:

Attachments

• 6 cakes 002.jpg
    6 cakes 002.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 6 cakes 003.jpg
    6 cakes 003.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 17
  • first pins 3-21-09 10 days 001.jpg
    first pins 3-21-09 10 days 001.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 18

MrMcBean

Here in europe we get these mushrooms that grow in perfect circles about 4 - 8 feet in diameter. They are good eating and a safe find when the circle is almost full.. its pretty creepy how they form the circle actually..

hanuman

Very nice, quadracer. Apparently there were quite a lot over here a few weeks ago, but I haven't found a single one this year.. oh well, the real mushroom season is about to start.

h :ying:

VanVulpen

Veteran
Too early for mushroom picking here, i am a boletus addicted as well :yummy: I do recognize most of the edibles ones but i don't know much about the rest...

Look what i just found while looking for a spot...

is it magic? :chin:

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello to all friends of nature :wave:
Also I like hiking and nature to send a few pictures of Central Europe from the Low Tatras.......
Low Tatras
picture.php

Low Tatras
picture.php

Low Tatras
picture.php

Magic mushrooms from Low tatras
picture.php

picture.php

fantastic flower
picture.php

Mushroom
picture.php

puffdragon

Morels

Morels

Its almost time here for those sweet morels. I take and dip in egg and roll in ritz crackers and fry in butter what a sin i look forward to.....

quadracer

wow it came back!!! Too cool guys.

radvancan, beautiful bolete in the last picture. You really live in an amazing area.