What's new

multi-strain perpetual SOG with cfls

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
sweet man thanks for the advice. i usually don't mess with the plants too much, unless they are growing into the lights then ill tie or bend them down a bit.

B

BasementGrower

he was only running like 400-500 watts of CFLS. and got a very good yield with cfls.. not a gram per watt. but still good harvest.. with CFLS u will have more Larf or Popcorn buds unless u have a ton of bulbs in there very close to the plants at all times. .

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
thanks man, I got 250 watts over a 4.375 square foot space. Hopefully I can get similar results as your friend.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey guys here is a little update. First here are some group shots. In the back is BKGK bx1 and up front are 2 different phenos of GDPxQuerkle from Hammerhead.

picture.php

picture.php

Next is a clone of Resin Hessassin (Weedbeat seeds). She is has just completed her third week of flower.

picture.php

Here is a comparison of the clone to my BKGK Bx1 that has only completed 1 week of flower. The BKGK bx1 was given a long veg and is in a bigger container. This clone was flipped to 12/12 shortly after it was rooted.

picture.php

I have been harvesting random bagseed and a few clones of the Resin hessassin but they are nothing major so I haven't been taking pics really. Pretty soon I will add up all my weights and get an average.

Chloemobile

Looking nice sour - Those resin hashashins are a sativa right? they look it. I saw you were planning on running a organic soil vs hempy maxibloom - i had the same thought! Once i harvest and reveg that is the plan! looking forward to seeing how these finish up

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Looking nice sour - Those resin hashashins are a sativa right? they look it. I saw you were planning on running a organic soil vs hempy maxibloom - i had the same thought! Once i harvest and reveg that is the plan! looking forward to seeing how these finish up

Thanks bro, the Resin hessassin's lineage goes like this...

(Warlock x Jaggen)
x Jack Herer. So I wouldnt say it is a true sativa but I would have to agree with you that the pheno Im running is leaning on the sativa side.

As far as the organic vs hempy, I decided not to because I am satisfied with my results in organic soil. the one hempy plant I did, did not do any better than my soil plants. Notice I said only one was done in hempy, YOU could have different results, But Im happy with my soil mix and adding hydro into the equation would have been too much work for me. It is simple the way I have it now.

Anyway here's a little update. Pic of my Resin Hessassin clone on day 32 of flower I believe.

picture.php

And here is a group shot of the other strains I have running at the moment. All are on week 2 of flower except for the Carolina Blue x Digi Berry Bx1

Back left is Carolina Blue x Digi Berry Bx1, Back right is BKGK Bx1
and the front two are the GDPx Querkle phenos...

picture.php

Damn so many socially retarded people on the mag! Grow is looking great dude and it sounds like you're dialing it in so I can't wait to see what the results are.

Keep at it! Let's show em what small pots in rubbermaid containers with puny lights can do haha

*EDIT* oooo baby didn't even see these latest pics! That RH is stacked man! I can't wait to see that thing fill out. Stick o' bud!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Damn so many socially retarded people on the mag! Grow is looking great dude and it sounds like you're dialing it in so I can't wait to see what the results are.

Keep at it! Let's show em what small pots in rubbermaid containers with puny lights can do haha

*EDIT* oooo baby didn't even see these latest pics! That RH is stacked man! I can't wait to see that thing fill out. Stick o' bud!

thanks bro! I'm getting there. Next round should be even nicer. My cloning game is improving for sure. Lol.

And yeah the RH seems to be packing on. today is day 33 of flower. I will most likely let her go 9 or 10 weeks. I want to make sure she is all dried and has a decent 2 week cure for 4/20!

I think she will yield well. Last round my clones were only about 4 or 5 inches tall.
this one is about 9 inches tall and looks like she is going to turn into a solid stick of bud like you said. Can't wait to smoke her!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
sup guys, time for a little update.

First off for anyone wondering, this is what my cab looks like...

I added some CFLs recently. The new stats are looking like this. 11 23watt cfls and 2 55watt PLLs. total of 363 watts, for an average of 83 watts/ per square foot.

picture.php

Next is a group shot of some purple goodness I have coming along.

2 in the back are GDP x Querkle. Front left is Carolina Blue x DIgi Berry Bx1. Front right is BKGK Bx1

picture.php

Now everyone's favorite, budshots... here's the Resin Hessassin clone I have been picturing... today is day 39 of flowering...

picture.php

picture.php

And a little flower from a GDP x Querkle...

picture.php

negative37dBA

Veteran
Ok Sour, that cabs looking properly nice. Nice amount of wattage. Those PLL's are cool. I have a 6 pack with ballast all setup for my next cab build. You can use them in so many ways and different custom configurations.
Looks like you have some nice trichomes developing. I would like to hear a smoke report on the Resin Hassassin.
I give you a vote for most improved over the last few months..please take that the right way.

quinoa64

Holy smokes, that Resin Hessassin is looking good! Nice.

Thanks for the cab shot. You've got some headroom to spare, I see.

How long have the PL-Ls been in effect? I think you mentioned recently you were thinking about HPS, are the 2x55W filling that gap, or do you still need more light?

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Ok Sour, that cabs looking properly nice. Nice amount of wattage. Those PLL's are cool. I have a 6 pack with ballast all setup for my next cab build. You can use them in so many ways and different custom configurations.
Looks like you have some nice trichomes developing. I would like to hear a smoke report on the Resin Hassassin.
I give you a vote for most improved over the last few months..please take that the right way.

thank you for the kind words. The one pictured is on day 39 so I wont be smoking that untill 4/20.

I have some from previous crops curing, but the one pictured looks like it will be farrr better then my previous attempts.

The little bit I have smoked of it, was pretty strong herbb

growbig789

yah imo it looks like you are making some nice progress... multiple budsites, more room for those ladies to stretch out and put out.. nice job!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Holy smokes, that Resin Hessassin is looking good! Nice.

Thanks for the cab shot. You've got some headroom to spare, I see.

How long have the PL-Ls been in effect? I think you mentioned recently you were thinking about HPS, are the 2x55W filling that gap, or do you still need more light?

my bad man, your post sneaked right in there as I was already replying.

yes I have headroom just in case I come across a sativa leaning bitch. The PL-Ls have been in effect since a little after new years. I inevitably will upgrade to HPS one day but for now I think I'm good. 83 watts/ per square foot should be ok, i hope.

yah imo it looks like you are making some nice progress... multiple budsites, more room for those ladies to stretch out and put out.. nice job!

thanks for the kind words!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
no pics guys, but do have good news...

my first HPS should be here in about 5 days!

Thinking of replacing the PLLs with the HPS, remove a few CFLS...

Making a new bigger cab for veg and throw the PLLs in there, then use my old small veg cab for cloning, transition stage...

never realized how long it took clones to get adjusted after being freshly rooted...

Might even purchase a small tent, 2.5'x1.5'x3'...
Slap a 150 in there and double my flowering space.. That might be a week or two...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I dont think were going to be able to classify you as "micro" anymore. Nice, love to see progress/upgrades.

haha thanks but I'll still be micro, Ill be rocking 150w HPS, the goal is to not go over the amount of watts I'm using currently but double my flower and veg space in the process... let's see if i can pull it off.

Hah I'm actually thinking of taking a step in the opposite direction. I started with HID lighting and now I'm thinking about going to CFL's for less heat and better light coverage.

Cab is looking good man! Can I make a suggestion? If you're looking to expand and are considering a tent... don't! I went from a 2x3x6' tent to a 3x1.5x1.5 rubbermaid and I'm so much happier than I was in the tent. Super stealthy and the best thing about it IMO is they are easy to modify and hook up your stuff exactly how you want/need. For example when I had my tent it was a pain to figure out where to put it because of the oddly placed exhaust and intakes. Rubbermaid I just drill out a hole wherever I want! Not to mention this rubbermaid feels much more stable than my tent... and it only cost $15 vs $70 and up for a good tent!

Latest posts

Latest posts