What's new

Multi Flow vs Tables

merkaba

So, I am going to switch from Pro Mix to either a Multi Flow system or multiple ebb and flow tables. I have a few questions for you guys first though. The Multi Flow folks say to do 12 plants per 4 x 4 area, with my strain I would have to get them way to large to achieve proper yields, so can i do say 16?18?20? and just flower them smaller? Second, with ebb and flow systems (which both are) has anyone noticed a faster veg. time vs soil mixes? Lastly, has anyone compared time/plant numbers and yields in a sea of green table set up vs a multi flow?

Thanks
you guys rock

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I switched from buckets, to soil pots, to tables. I like the tables best because I can do ANYTHING with them, hydroton, soil, coco, drip, floods, whatever. I can put as many or as few plants as I can pack in a tray. I can move em around, rotate em, switch em to another light, easily and quickly. 2 gallon pots of coco in a 4X4 and I can squeeze in 36 small plants, 9 fairly big ones, or anything in between. I can schedule watering on a programmable timer for as often and long as I need.

Plant number depends on how long you veg them, and how many clones you can get your hands on! Always try to start with 10% more clones than you need, so you can weed out runts.

I like my 16 and 25 plant trays best, full of 18" tall little mini bushes under 1KW. Some guys get better yields than others, just depends on how well its dialed-in and strain, nutes, veg time etc. Lots of variables, but like I said, I get more flexibility in trays than I had in buckets. You just can't fit 36 buckets in a 4X4 space when the plants are small and vegging. I usually start with 5-6 of my 8 trays lit, then as they grow and stretch I spread them out to the other trays and light em up.

Do you want smaller plants with medium yields or bigger plants with a larger yield?

I've grown 7 ounce monsters in these little 2 gallon buckets. Average yield with 12 plants under 1K is 3zips per plant. We also use co2 and run multi-strains. This works for me. I've run soil, coco, tables, DWC, and aeroflo60's. I find the ebbngro systems to work best. We veg on tables with 4 inch rockwool cubes. Flower at 18 to 20 inches. Four 36 site systems.