What's new

mrcopyz's 100w Diamond LED Grow

MrCopyZ

New cab

About 20 x 22 x 22 ish...

50 CFM .5 sone bath fan
100 w Advanced LED Diamond series grow light

And as of today 2 beautiful C99 crosses (will get specifics later...) 1 more hasn't came out yet...

IMG-20121128-00005.jpg

IMG-20121128-00007.jpg

IMG-20121128-00008.jpg

IMG-20121128-00003.jpg

Bobbles

Those LED Lights look pretty sweet, pricey though. Do you think you will have bleaching issues with the 3w leds and the short cab space? Whats the heat like for the light? I love the length, width, and height of the LED lights. Nice and compact, real nice for micro grows.

c99 is always a favorite.

Front Row of the Show!

Front Row of the Show!

Sweet new cab! liking the sound of the new test subjects! I shall be watching with close eyes!

MrCopyZ

Everything is groovy except one plants leaves are curling up? I think maybe its thirsty? anyone else got ideas?

IMG-20121204-00024.jpg

IMG-20121204-00026.jpg

IMG-20121204-00027.jpg

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything is groovy except one plants leaves are curling up? I think maybe its thirsty? anyone else got ideas?

I wouldn't worry about it. Grape Krush carries some funky genes. I think that's what you are seeing on that one plant.

MrCopyZ

I wouldn't worry about it. Grape Krush carries some funky genes. I think that's what you are seeing on that one plant.

Nice to hear from ya blynx. Hopefully thats what it is. A couple of these are growing beastly.

IMG-20121205-00029.jpg

MrCopyZ

Funky Genes is right. Its ok though, I like a little funk in my skunk. C99-A(left) has less of this so far than C99-B(center), C99-C(right) does not display any of this yet.

A came up maybe 12 hours before B, and C came up the next day.

All plants have purple under their first set of single blade leaves but not under the more bladed leaves.

@Bobbles

Thanks for the comments on the lights. Their isn't much on them out their(that i could find). But this thing is bright... I wear sun glasses when I open the cab.

The unit came with a LED GROW LIGHT GUIDE for their diamond series.

They suggest only using the veg section of the light during the first week to allow the plant to adjust to the light before switching both sets on.(I did not do this)

Light distances

Seedling clones - at least 30" (I did not do this)
Flower and Vegging - 20-24 for plants that have been adjusted to high intensity light(Those are my cab specs to I didn't do that either lol)

"*Caution* These lights are not your typical LED grow lights. Do not allow plants to grow within 12" from the LEDs or they may become bleached from excess light. Never look directly into the light or LEDs without protective eye-wear!" That is directly quoted from the guide.

I find all of this issue with light distance interesting. Unless it is a lack of ability for the plant to cope with heat? I mean they grow under the sun. Am I supposed to believe this 100 w unit is more powerful than sunlight? I did not bring these questions to anyone until now.

I did talk to them about this around a year ago when I first bought the unit. Kyle the sales manager was who I was able to talk to and he was very helpful.

Thanks Bobbles.

---------------------------------------
Date Fertilizer per gal Notes
29-Nov None First day above ground. Dixie Cup 50/50, perlite and wormcasting
30-Nov None First Day C99-C above ground.
1-Dec 1 ml Superthrive First feed. First true leaves are large and dark. Looking good.
2-Dec None None
3-Dec None None
4-Dec None Watered. Planted C99-B experiencing possible heat stress. Temps got to 83-84 today.
5-Dec 2 ml Gro 2 ml Micro 1 ml Superthrive Watered.
6-Dec None None
7-Dec 2 ml Gro 2 ml Micro 1 ml Superthrive Plant C99-B showing some abnormalities in leaf growth, but has already started secondary growth.
------------------------------------
IMG-20121208-00040.jpg

IMG-20121208-00041.jpg

IMG-20121208-00032.jpg

IMG-20121208-00033.jpg

B

Bag

c99/gkf2 , holy cow, wait till ya taste it, its top 5 taste of all times
VnMuu.jpg

RPhNH.jpg

nakedemperor

looking very nice mate,have something very similar on the go your just a few weeks ahead of me.

hope everything goes aswell for me :)

im using a 150w ,7 spectrum led ufo with 3w leds, manufacturer claims it pulls around 100w which im still pretty happy with. its a bright bugger :D

are you worried about bleaching?

are you planning on training them at all? what size pots are you planning to transfer too?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm loving it

but whats up with all the nails and debris? your plants deserve better the that.. haha

keep it going, if I heard correct, a GK mix, that's cool

100 watt is not to much to worry about on distance.. I'm sure you could get them within 6 inches.. I run my LED's about 8 inches above.

T

trem0lo

coming up nicely! those advanced LEDs are very nice, you should get good results.

Texan

What up dude, nice grow! I am using a LED light too (Blackstar 135w).

What is the humidity in your grow room? I have seen that leaf curling thing going on before. It usually happens when it is warm and low humidity. Raise the humidity level and the plant will have an easier time handling temps between 80-85F.

Just up your ventilation during flower and you should be golden!

MrCopyZ

humidity has been between 55-65% RH

Temps 75-82

I got a digital thermo/hygrometer that keeps the high and lows of each for the day.

Thanks everyone for looking.:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts