What's new

Mr.Wags Goes Buckets But What About Bob?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting ... i will be glad to hear what mrwags has to say. I have the net pots but havent put together my system yet... controller showed up today. If the buckets are the best way to go then thats what i have in mind but my room isnt very tall so will have to grow bushes not trees so i wasnt sure if it was just to hold up the bigger plants or what .

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Babba your pots will be fine and will add a sense of support as they grow,I would however modify the net pot a little by way of cutting every other slit of the net pot itself giving more room for the roots to spread. Trust me the roots be a plenty quickly in what you are about to do,I have had WW 6 foot high before with not a single root bound problem, I have considered using the pots but already having the buckets (store bought setup) I thought lets try it this way a few times and see. But look at Big Toke's bio buckets and you will see that pots work in buckets for sure.

I have found a very simple way to grow faster than anything I have ever tried,buckets are the real deal and with the Babba love in and around the pots It's All Good.

Here If Ya Need Me
Mr.Wags

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks buddy :) the controller showed up today ... still waiting on the 3.5 gallon buckets then its off to the races . Sure looks like fun. Your thread is so awesome.... been spendin a bit of time there lately :) Its great to be excited about trying something new....just what the doctor ordered.... Ill be checking out your feeding schedule here soon im sure . Thanks for sharing buddy
nam myoho renge kyo

full time daddy
Veteran
tokinsmokin said:
well a few of the advantages babbabud to the bucket inside a bucket is that your hydroton won't get stuck in the drain plug, which I made the mistake of doing. But also the bucket in the bucket will allow you to move around your plants in your room, so you can get even growth with all your plants or for maintenance on the system. I talked to various different experienced growers on here about this a few weeks ago when I was building mine, and no one really knew the reason for it. So it'll be interesting to see what mrwags thinks. BTW I now am using the bucket inside a bucket method which I think was the better choice now that its up and running.

few fact's :D

the reason tokinsmokin had cloged drains is becuz of 2 stoners lacking typing skill's ...... 2 being me n him.............
he asked if u need a bucket in a bucket ( just like u babba ) i said no but u need sumthing not going into much detail tokin then put hydroton in the buckets with out bucket or big netcup / lid with lil net cup ect....= cloged drain

I would however modify the net pot a little by way of cutting every other slit of the net pot itself giving more room for the roots to spread. Trust me the roots be a plenty quickly in what you are about to do

dont modify them babba ( sry wags :p )
if u do hydroton will fall in to your bucket thus leading to cloged drain
good thing we are doing 3/4" not 1/2" :moon:

how ever if there is covered netting on the net cups where it was not molded corrtectly ( damn injecttion molding ) u can cut them out most the time is on the side and half the bottem this can be time consuming i do just the bottems not the sides
the netcup ( pot lids incerts ) what eva u want to call them will be best in your room babba for 2 reasons.

1. your room size ( 6 foot ) the 2" u gain by using net cup as to buckets will be very well loved :yoinks: i would not have u buy netcups if bucket where needed brother :D
2. your going to be veging so little that u will neva need the root space of that extra 2" ask wag's he veg twice what your going to & still dont fill the bucket ( ask that jew hilly to )

some advice get some eye loops like this

place here

tie down lik so

member that g-13????? hehehe :D this was right as i was tieing down

babba your going to want ever centameter u can get for flower cannapy that net cup will hold a 2 pound 60 day veg plant ( in a 5 gallon bucket of corse) i have seen it.....

feeding? o baby me n hilly talked about this one for 2-3 hrs last night.. just remember im a phone call away if eva need

ps. mr wag's simple bu-tee-ful

Last edited:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont modify them babba ( sry wags :p )
if u do hydroton will fall in to your bucket thus leading to cloged drain
good thing we are doing 3/4" not 1/2"

No sorry's here 00420. I use the bigger balls so it was not an issue but as I have said having you in the room will get the Babba's in buddy goodness soon enugh.

Mr.Wags

full time daddy
Veteran
mrwags said:
I use the bigger balls so it was not an issue

he said BIGBALLS

lmao

yeah i use the bigger ones to wag's and they still some how make it past from time to time ( for sume reason big bags of droton are a mix of size's )
& i know what bag's he's getting :D same ones i do and they will fall out of netting if cut in any size bigger then premade

now if i can just find a way to export/import 200 gallons of babba's tap water every week ........ :wave: :wave:
note : pic's above where in 50 /50 mix of perlite/hydroton big mistake dont do this it holds to much water but what can i say im a test freak :badday:

100% hydoton 45 day veg from seed 1 gallon bucket

Weed_Seed

Wow, do you live in Canada? This sounds stupid and it is basicly impossible for this to be possible but I think I bought your weed. I mean the weed looked identical to the skunk plant and the bud was skunk fo sho. Well anyways your plants are insane. Real beauts you got there bud. KEEP SMOKING BUUUUDDAH

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
00420 said:
100% hydoton 45 day veg from seed 1 gallon bucket

:yoinks: :yoinks: thats crazy growth 00...amazing!!

I'd like to give a shout out and a :moon: to our newest organic hydro moderator extraordinaire. Congrats masterwags :)

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
sunnyside said:
I'd like to give a shout out and a :moon: to our newest organic hydro moderator extraordinaire. Congrats masterwags :)

I would like to second that.Could'nt ask for better IMHO :respect: :bow: :bow:.A true Master of his craft congrat's Mr.Wag's my :friends: :wink: .

Last edited:

all_is_1

HMMMMM What a great thread I'll try to keep my questions clear and succint so as not to clog up the information with extraneous crap.

1) So this system is a store bought "ebb and grow" system? (All the store bought systems that I've seen use 3.5 gallon buckets or smaller--yours is 5 gallon though, correct?)

2) What makes the system an ebb and flow system and not a direct water culture system? Do the buckets drain completely before they are flooded again? How does the "controller" bucket control the water level in the other buckets? And do these store-bought systems work better than bigtoke's "bio" buckets?

I'm building a large (10kW) room and I'm looking for the best hydro system to use and I think that dwc/buckets are the way to go but I haven't decided what version of buckets will be the most foolproof for a relative hydroponic newbie like myself. I like the "krusty" or "freedom" buckets alot but they seem to require some tweaking to get right. What's your guys' opinion on this?

You all fucking rock. Keep the love flowing and the herb growing.
Peace. here's a few pics just for fun.

cotton candy. . . scrumptious

"old schooler" blueberry

white buffalo
p://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/8867AK-47-thumb.jpg[/img][/url]

current 5kw soil organic grow

Last edited:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all_is_1 said:
1) So this system is a store bought "ebb and grow" system? (All the store bought systems that I've seen use 3.5 gallon buckets or smaller--yours is 5 gallon though, correct?)

No my buckets are 2 1/2 gallon one inside the other.

2) What makes the system an ebb and flow system and not a direct water culture system? Do the buckets drain completely before they are flooded again? How does the "controller" bucket control the water level in the other buckets? And do these store-bought systems work better than bigtoke's "bio" buckets?

Yes the buckets drain and fill with each flood since they are inside each other. the controller has 3 switches inside the controller buckets to control the water level. Big Toke's Bio buckets are a work of art,you cannot put a price on them,but for me having little or no time to do it the way I want I store bought mine,check your pm's for a link.

I'm building a large (10kW) room and I'm looking for the best hydro system to use and I think that dwc/buckets are the way to go but I haven't decided what version of buckets will be the most foolproof for a relative hydroponic newbie like myself. I like the "krusty" or "freedom" buckets alot but they seem to require some tweaking to get right. What's your guys' opinion on this?

My system is goober proof, BUCKETS RULE

Now Sunny,T-Girl and Bonz Thank You as you three know I'm a constant student so all I can do is share the love of the craft with who will ever listen.
I feel our home will survive and flourish through this mess just like it always does and I'm damn proud to do my part in keeping it that way,that way being HOME. Hope everyone has a great week and keep it green.

This is the Diesel shot you asked for Babba: I wish I could have one in the bucket :bat:

And now the Ice first week of flush: Sticky Stinky Girls They Is

Have A Nice Day
Mr.Wags

Sleepy

Veteran
wow... :yoinks: ...you take a real nice picture, wags!!

and you grow some fine lookin' buds, too!! :yummy:

all_is_1

What do you guys think of using some other medium in the net pot? You are using clay pebbles, correct? (coco/perlite, diatonite (the new high-silica stuff), lava rock. . . )

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all_is_1 said:
What do you guys think of using some other medium in the net pot? You are using clay pebbles, correct? (coco/perlite, diatonite (the new high-silica stuff), lava rock. . . )

I love questions! I use the large rock balls in my bucket inside a bucket setup,but I pre veg in Biotanicare's ReadyGrow soil to get that nice root ball and then move to the buckets. I have use the Silicia Stone product that you asked about but for me the ReadyGrow works muck better now Bio-Toke I think has used the lava rocks in his Bio system but I have not,I just think that the hydro takes the soul out of the weed and anything I can do to give it back is why I veg in soil. Now while we are on the subject, I currently have a full BOB of clones in soil,so when they are both complete I can compare the smell and taste and high from a controlled test since the cuts are from the Ice that is in the buckets right now. Time will tell the tale.

Mr.Wags

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2buds said:
Congratulations MrWags on your new title! And of course, the plants look awesome.
Peace

Ah shucks 2buds titles are for the working class the only thing that changes is for me is now I got a handy dandy sweeper button. :pointlaug But I must say the post I've read lately show the new recruits are learning what this place is about and feel soon all will be well.

So enough dribble we are at 61 days and as you can see the girls have not told me they are ready yet, Under scope the hairs are starting to change and feel the end is near but time will tell. I have changed the rez 3 times in the past 14 days and the ppm is holding steady so all they got in them now is good ole water.

Hope ya like what ya see and wish all a great day.

BOB is doing is damdest to show off.

I even got me a Bansai Bud Tree.

And now for the Babba's the Diesel.

Mr.Wags

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran

man she looks familiar masterwags...:) I've got one at 63 days that is stunning to look at. Your gonna lover her smoke....its simply divine :) The ice looks frosty as well :lurk: How do they smell?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yummm

yummm

wow mrwags your plants and pictures are the finest. I can taste that diesel from here . You are gonna love this smoke. Thanks for a great thread and a great grow ... but most of all thanks for sharing it with all of us. Hope mine can look half that good. :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts