What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Micro Presents : The Nanomachine

microRU

Mr_Micro, on pleasure I congratulate you :friends:
Fine crop for a lamp 40W and such small space.. :jump:
I have noticed, that under CLF a lamp ripens longer, than under HPS and buds turn out more air.. :canabis:
Also I wish to notice, that if you used listing your tree could be less :smoke:
I assume, that the result will make 10 gr.:chin:
Mr_Micro said:
I don't plan on upgrading to anything bigger for a long time, and I know I can do better in terms of quality and yeild the next time around, so I'll do a full grow show for sure. .
It is very a pity.. It would be desirable to see the modified version :bow:
Mr_Micro said:
Kizzattack, you flatter me way too much! :bis: But yeah... thats not a bad idea... how about "First Church Of The Bonsai Bud"? :biglaugh:
Take me too in the religion, my Bonsai 14 centimeters :wave:

T

tuktuktok

Thanks for the great project Mr_Mirco. Definedly the best stealth I've ever seen. Your work encouraged me to make my own. Let me just say that if Jesus would live now and be into cannabis stealthing even he surely couldn't make a better one.

I made my own PC stealth model which is a lot bigger and if I was to describe it with one word I'd choose "sticky tape" (ok two words). Yours is lightyears better but I'm ok with mine. The reason for posting is that I would like to know more about "The light trap" thing you made. You explained it well and promised to post pics but I didn't see one. I (and probably someone else too) would appreciate if you could also make a pic how it works and perhaps take a pic of your own.

Light and airconditioning are very fundamental in stealthing so "the light trap" sounds just what I'm looking for. Thanks again!

Kizzattack

Light has been my main stealth problem. Those annoying little gaps that let out a shard of light could be the difference between a succesful grow and a prison sentance for me and indoor growing because of extreamly nosey and disrespectful friends.

very nice

very nice

this is the most stealth pcbox ive seen imo.and it looks like a great creation..i have a dell tower almost the exact same dimisions as yours and you have inspired me to go with a design like yours :bow: ..well.. :chin: exactly like yours ha.. :headbange ..i know ive arrived to the show a little late but ill still pull up a chair and a little :lurk: :lurk: and light me up a nice little :joint: while i stick around to hear the yield...but im wanting to get started up on this design as soon as i can and money is not an issue so im gunna go all out stealth just as you did..100% lightproof/smellproof :muahaha: just gotta figure out how to open this damn case ha ..little stoned at the moment but anywayz great thread and i will post a thread in a few weeks on my creation or actually yours and my grow..ha
$~pbtp~$

Dude, if you ever decide to sell some, sign me up for one! Although for 600 there are commerically available ones. Yours looks great!

G

iSHACKABUKU said:
Dude, if you ever decide to sell some, sign me up for one! Although for 600 there are commerically available ones. Yours looks great!

the nanomachine trumps all the other prefab pc grow boxes and their $600 price tag, the others are hardly lightproof and hardly stealth at all.

T

tuktuktok

Could some one post a link to how to make a light trap or post in on this thread with pics? Thanks!

tuktuktok said:
Could some one post a link to how to make a light trap or post in on this thread with pics? Thanks!

I too am curious about your light trap design. And any chance we can get a closer look at how your electronics were set up? Aside from me, i'm sure there are plenty of others that would like to make our PC cases as stealthy as yours over time as we build them... Cuz yours is just pure genious :bow:

G

simple light-trap

one was a paper bag and the other was a piece of a pizza box add a little a tape and you have yourself a light trap

Orangecrush

Hey there Mr.Micro, quick question for ya. Someone had asked this earlier in the thread but I couldn't find an answer to it. How exactly are you running power through the machine? I see you have the whole left side dedicated to it, but for the majority of the grows on here, it seems like they are plugged into an outlet in the wall or something. So I was just wondering how you pulled this off. Thanks in advance!

greenfelix

Hey there Mr.Micro, quick question for ya. Someone had asked this earlier in the thread but I couldn't find an answer to it. How exactly are you running power through the machine?

Orangecrush, his response on how to do the power is tucked away in post #100... even his answers are stealth.

voher - It wasn't too difficult really. First I went to the hardware store and bought a 3 prong female connector. Then I just took the 3 wires that run out of the power jack on the inside of the PC case and wired them to the female 3 prong connector. After that I just plugged the male end from my power strip into the female connector for the power jack inside the PC case and plugged in the PC case power cord to the male end of the power jack on the outside of the case and voila! Instant stealth power. I also took the time to heavily wrap all connection points in electrical tape to make sure there was no risk of fire.

So from external PC power cord to internal power strip, it looks like:
External PC Power Cord-> IEC male connector on back of computer -> inside of the case and splice the wires out of the IEC male connector into a 3 prong female connector -> power strip

Personally, I would love to see a close up shot of the wiring for the power...

In doing a little research, I was also thinking of using an IEC Male to AC 3-Prong Female Converter and avoid the wire splicing altogether.

If you search for that adapter, you will see it takes a regular computer external cord on the male side, and the turns that into a 3 prong female, the same connection that a regular power strip fits into.

so External PC power cord -> above mentioned convertor -> power strip inside the case.

Mr Micro your case is totally inspirational. I haven't gone down this path yet, but it has definately made me put some serious thought into doing a stealth case grow.

Greenfelix... Can you possibly post a link to where you found that converter? I just seached google and yahoo for IEC Male AC 3-Prong Female converter and came up with nothin, it was either one cord or the other, no converters except power cords with european converters lol

I may just find a female plug and replace it on the back plate of the PSU so it still looks like a PSU cord plugin at casual glance and go that route...

But like you said Green.. Would love to get a picture of how he did that part of his case haha.

greenfelix

Hey Mushu,

Greenfelix... Can you possibly post a link to where you found that converter?

I get an error when I try to post a link, dunno why (i'm a newb on IC)... it says "Your Post contains one or more URLs, please remove them before submitting your message again."

Anyways, what I was looking at is on a web site called readycomponents (readycomponents[dot]com) and search for part EPXR15 from the main page search box.

Ok Sweet... Thanks Greenfelix... One problem with that though.. Nice find! And thats CLOSE to what we're lookin for... But if you notice how the prongs for the PSU end?

You would need something that plugged INTO that.. and then ended in one that you can plug into a powerstrip or wall outlet...

So.. Basically... You would need to reverse what that is... One that plugs INTO the PSU socket, and THEN ended with 3 prongs to plug into a wall...

Well.. I take what I just posted back.... Cuz what you would plug into that and the wall is your PS cable :bashhead: :badday:

Cuz you can take that.. Swap out your current PSU socket for this chord, plug THIS chord into your powerstrip inside your case.. and then just run your Powersupply cable to the wall... So I was just thinking wrong... My bad... And again... SWEET FIND! :headbange

FoX1121

hey mr. micro i like your machine and i would like to build one..i was wondering if u could maybe help me via private messege or email on how EXacTly u did it...