What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Micro Presents : The Nanomachine

Panconqueso

Veteran
I used a 80w day ligh to veg and a 55w warm light cfl to flower

The vent sistem used 3 fans: a 4x4 cm for intake, 8x8 for grow-flower chamber and a third one of 12x12cm for general extraction.

Actully you can see them in the second pic, from right to left, the first one 3x3, second 4x4 and the third 12x12.

Cheers

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Zlatarog, I just used it for veg so wasn't too concerned about light leaks, and it leaked a lot from the back because I didn't really implement the last shield in front of the fan.

If you need light traps, I would suggest the one in my sig for a computer case, it's perfect. In fact I'm thinking maybe that was how Mr Micro did his magic trap :)

G

guest 77721

Hey skunkz,

just do a bit more reading in this super awesome Micro forum and you'll be realizing that it's so easy and cheap to build a micro grow box that you'd never think twice about buying one!

skunkz

Well redgreenry, i wish i could invest in the time and energy to build one myself but, i can't. As a busy college student, that's why i'm offering Mr. Micro money! Hope you'll understand :)

WahFuzz

Well if you find someone that build it for you for not so much money it's ok...but don't spent over 100-150 dollars (everything included).

I took about 2 free days to build my big tower cabinet..not so much ;)

it took me about a wk to build mine since i didnt have all the parts so i just collected as i went by an about 4 to 5 hrs build time all together an i used the very same idea but with a 85 w bulb for veg an goin to flower with 105w bulb. costs me the bulb an car reflective shield so i spent 30 dollars all together

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like

but that is not the smallest grow chamber by far..

I would show you one, but then everyone would get one, and would be out of stock..

tronkyx

I like

but that is not the smallest grow chamber by far..

I would show you one, but then everyone would get one, and would be out of stock..

Hey Habeeb,

If you don't show it, what's the point of your post?, c'mon dood, show us some love.

Cheers
Tronkyx

Mr_Micro

Wow!
I've been gone a couple years now and decided to pop back in to see what new innovations were going on in the micro growing section and I almost couldn't believe my eyes to see that my Nanomachine thread still active and on the first couple pages no less! :biggrin:

I know there's a ton of questions I need to field at this point, and I will most certainly answer all I can over the next few days. Regarding my absence, for any who are curious, I simply haven't been growing the past few years. Nothing bad happened at all, I just ended up short on cash due to being unemployed for a while and wound up selling my PC case boxes (Nanomachine included) to pay some bills. Since this left me with no safe place to grow, I just stopped growing for a while and moved on to other hobbies.

At this point I still haven't done any growing since my last update here, but hopefully that will change soon since my finances are starting to get a bit better these days.
In any case, I'll be sure to field as many questions as I can now that I'm back again. I unfortunately don't have a whole lot of time at the moment (I'm rather sleepy and there's a warm cozy bed calling my name lol) but I can say for certain that I am not willing to build any PC case grow boxes for money right now. Unfortunately the job I'm working right now just doesn't allow me the time for this, and I'm sure my better half wouldn't be too appreciative of me spending all the free time I do get building boxes.
My apologies in advance for any disappointment this may cause anyone, but rest assured that while rather time consuming these little Nanomachine boxes really aren't too difficult to build. :)

And habeeb, if you wouldn't mind I'd really like to see a link to the pre-built Nanomachine size grow chambers you're referring to as well! I'm really looking forward to growing again at some point, but the part I'm not looking forward to is the box building process. Believe it or not I'm a very lazy person and if there's any good and reasonably priced options for stealthy pre-built micro setups out there I'd definitely give them consideration over having to build another Nanomachine style case... although I know that I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so I'll probably end up building another one anyway :smoke:

Anyhoo, it's off to bed with me for now but I'll be sure to check on this thread again tomorrow and field all the questions I can. Until then, here's a huge thank you to everyone who kept this thread alive in my absence! It warms in my heart in a major way to know that this little box design has touched and improved the lives of more people than I could have ever imagined.
Stay safe and grow smart my friends!

tronkyx

Welcome again Mr Micro,

I'm from Mexico, I've been growin' for about 15 years, from bagseed to really high quality seeds from all over the world where I've been, indoor, outdoor, microgrows, CFL's, HPS, LED's, you name it, but right now I'm working in the makin' of 3 PC-grows, with one 70W HPS bulb each, but I was concerned about ventilation and stink control, I have a 70mm pc fans with a carbon filter like yours, is this kind of fan will work for my ops, the 3 pc cases measures is 7.5"Wx17"Hx16"deep. What do you think about it?

Cheers
Tronkyx

P.S.: Forgive my childish english, I've never been in the UStates, I learn it watchin TV and reading ICMAG haha.

S

Secretweapon

Welcome again Mr Micro,

I'm from Mexico, I've been growin' for about 15 years, from bagseed to really high quality seeds from all over the world where I've been, indoor, outdoor, microgrows, CFL's, HPS, LED's, you name it, but right now I'm working in the makin' of 3 PC-grows, with one 70W HPS bulb each, but I was concerned about ventilation and stink control, I have a 70mm pc fans with a carbon filter like yours, is this kind of fan will work for my ops, the 3 pc cases measures is 7.5"Wx17"Hx16"deep. What do you think about it?

Cheers
Tronkyx

P.S.: Forgive my childish english, I've never been in the UStates, I learn it watchin TV and reading ICMAG haha.

my diy pc carbon filter.

3in net pot inside of a 2in net pot, take a pantyhose leg and cut it off the rest of the pant. Take 2in net pot and put in in pantyhose. then put carbon in the bottom of the 3in net pot so that the 2in becomes level with the outside lip of the 3in pot. pack carbon around the 2in net pot so that it fits tight within the 3in pot, just wrap the pantyhose around the pots and tie off. I made a simple cardboard box and cut a hole for the 2in diameter and taped the little carbon filter to the box then taped the box to my pc fans. If you click on my grow in my sig you can see it in my pics.

tronkyx

Hi secretweapon,

That's not my question, I'm wondering if the size of my pcfans is enough to pull out and clean the air in my pc-chambers, that kind of filter is actually the kind I'm already using. Sorry if you get confused about that.

Cheers
Tronkyx

skunkz

MR. MICRO..........COME BACK HERE NOW!!!!!! LOL. I WANT A NANOMACHINE (full tower or server size) SO BAD!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts