What's new

Mr GreenJeans - Something old something new, something sour and something blue...

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya folks :wave:
Intro to my 07/08 grow log. Gonna be short tonight, no pics yet and still getting some rest... :pimp3:

Wanted to grow some memory loss this run, but I've mucked up seed germination twice :badday: , I'll start germing another few next week but they will need to wait until the second flower cycle.

For this run, looks to be 2 Tunza from -BG- - both beautiful plants, very close in structure, one just a wee bit tighter node spacing than the other. They are big, I'll top them for cuttings and plan on flowering them at 2 feet.

A medusa headed amnesia99. This was last year's mother, I have 2 younger cuts to select this year's mother, She looks gorgeous and will get very phat. She's 2 feet tall - I'm gonna be brave and flower at that height. If I have to run her main diagonally across the cab so be it :biglaugh:

One of the 2 female Wally Duck Pineapple C99. One is at 16" height, the other at 12". I want to wait until the taller one hits 2 feet before flowering. Shouldn't be long now...

One 6 headed Casey Jones, she's 1 foot tall right now - I'll give her a good dose of veg fert to help her stretch a bit.

Airbourne G13. She's 17" high now - I'd like her at least 2 feet to flower. I transplanted her into a 2 gallon larger pot, gave her a stiff dose of veg fert and Diamond Nectar. The last run on her went 70 days and was much better than earlier harvests, I hope to run this one 75-80 days when I believe she will be fully frosted. Limiting factor is she has an eating disorder :pointlaug it's a challenge for me to feed her enough N and Ca to keep her from stunting without going too far and burning her. This run I plan on giving her strong guano teas plus dolomite lime weekly and see if that does the trick.

That's 6 plants that will fill the cabinet in 3-4 weeks. I'm going to stagger some of them if I can get them to a good height. This year I have a trip out of town around the holidays, so I have enough time for one good run then I need to prep the plants for autopilot.

I will try to sneak in a single cola KaliDream by MOD - nice gift from my plant sitter friend - shouldn't have too big a footprint as a single cola. I willl successfully germ some memory loss seed, it's now a personal challenge :laughing:and run those the second flower cycle.

Regarding the thread title - The new and the old needs no explaining, I plan on growing some strawberry diesel crosses generously gifted by Somoz ( hoping to find a sour strawberry in the bunch ) - high performance parents that will surely bring the diesel aroma and performance into enticingly tastier realms. I have no blueberry / purple strains growing yet, but hope to have a selection of 2-3 blues by the end of this grow log.

So that's the plan for now. I apologize for absences - and there will be a few coming up - my arthritis meds are being changed and that always is a roller coaster ride of fun :rolleyes::nono: Thanks to all of you who visit, you make my garden a very full and fun place! :yes::friends:

Hope to be back Saturday with pictures and plants basking in their artificial sunlight.:canabis: Until then - have a snortful or two of sticky kief, mi casa es su casa, make yourself at home! :wave:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:woohoo: FIRST SEAT :lurk: .... Hi MGJ, as i saw your new thread i thaught i'll watch the show hehehehhe... seems like i baught the first ticket lol. :rasta: Seems like a Very nice selection u got going on hehehe cool! keep up the good work !
Goodluck my freind! :wave:

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
cant wait to see what you get into. My garden is starting back up after the summer so I hope to have a huge amount of plants full of buds.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Wanted to get an early seat in the new thread for sure :yes:

mmmm....something Blue eh? Man...I wish I was in a good position to help with this one. I really need to find a good mate for my Blueberry. I'm waiting to see how Black Ra1n's light poisoning trials go too...that also sounds like an interesting route to take :chin:

That's one detailed look at your plants :yes: I didn't even need any pics and I can almost see them all now :canabis:
Sounds like a great round brother :woohoo:

Let's kick off the new thread with a big CHEERS! :friends:

B

buzzed day

hello mr. greenjeans,sounds like some good choises for plants.peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi MGJ,
Just reserving a space to collapse into. The selection of treats available at your place are always knockout.
Which way are you looking to take the blue in, so many crosses and phenos of blue around, are you going to lean towards the sat blues or the indy blues?

-BG-

All righty right...finally your new thread is up and runnig :yes: I'll keep my eyes on this one for sure...can't wait your pics man..! Great name for this thread btw...!

-BG-

Pimpslapped

You don't mind if I clear out a spot over here under the end table to lurk do ya?

Just pass down a few smokeables from time to time, don't worry I clean up after myself.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aaaah a new thread..seems i lost the first row of seats 2 others...no worries though i brought my own tools :smile:...

Nway i'm staying tuned :joint: ....tagged!

hanfiking

Oh man, a new great thread, at last I can join in from the beginning. Can't wait for all the dense packed sweet tight stickiness, smellavision needs to be invented. Yup excitement all around!
I love Blue weed so much it's out of this world (the weed)!!

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya StonedGrunt :wave:
Glad you pulled up a seat! Thanks for visiting and the kind comments - should be a fun run.

Hiya GPB :wave:
Nice to cya - glad to hear your garden is back up and running - happy you are feeling better.

Hiya TML :wave:
Early seat? You're manning the EZ Vapor Boy Lounge Chair this run - you did a great job over the summer - I loved walking into the garden and seeing a bunch of smiling faces with smoke billowing out their ears and noses! :bongsmi::abduct:

I have to head over to BlackRa1n's place and do some reading - I got way behind on my thread reading the last few weeks. Light poisoning trials - Dr FrankenJuana at work - sounds intriguing...

I have a couple blue genes in the seed pile, just a matter of germing them out. Thanks for thinking of me my friend!

And :friends:cheers:friends: right back atcha buddy!

Hiya buzzed day :wave:
Thanks very much my friend! Hope they put on a good show for ya!

Hiya GMT :wave:
Thanks mate! You have more than a space to collapse into - Vanna, will you tell GMT what he has WON behind door # 2 - IT'S A PERSONAL WATERBED BACK MASSAGER HOOKAH!!!:bongsmi::muahaha: Haven't given the blue selection much thought yet - that will be for the early '08 seed run. You bring up a good point - I forgot there are nice blues in both sativa and indica dominant plants. We haven't talked Da Blues much - do you have a favorite blue?

Hiya -BG- :wave:
Great! Thanks my friend! You'll see them later tonight. They are very large for me - each is just shy of a meter:yoinks: I'll have to trim them down a bit to fit, dayum man, they are vigorous plants :yes: Glad you like the thread title - seemed to fit :laughing:

Hiya Pimpslapped :wave:
Glad you could stop by! Please make yourself at home - vapor canon is by the Big EZBoy - TML loads big bowls :biglaugh: and cannatreats are on the back table...

Hiya Core :wave:
If you really prefer that seat, I won't deprive you, but wouldn't you rather sit here

Hiya twistedtree :wave:
Man - you've been having quite an adventure in your garden!!! I'll stop by later and leave my regards - yer doin a great job mate! Thanks for visiting, always good to see you!

Hiya Underground :wave:
Thanks for stopping by and the good wishes! I still have a couple C13 mums-to-be, she will be grown again, and again, and.......

Hiya hanfiking :wave:
Hey, glad you could drop by, pull up a seat and make yourself comfortable. Smellavision - man I've been waiting for that one for a LONG time :biglaugh: It'll be a little while before I start on the search for the blue weed, hoping to learn a thing or two about growing blue. :canabis:

Gotta go for a bit, be back later tonight with some pics and an update.

L8r :wave:

Last edited:

Pimpslapped

Thanks for the welcome MGJ.

Looking forward to seeing your pics, stealing your treats and smoking all the vapor hits I can before I turn into a lump of happy lard...

Wish I had this kinda furniture up in my pad, but it's pretty sparse... maybe when I get a working cam and start a grow thread I can have some folks come in and redecorate.

Edit: Y'know, this'll make me sound like I don't know crap... and it'd probably be right. What qualifies as a 'blue' strain? (Or a 'White' strain for that matter) Just curious, never really found any info that explains the distinctions there. And I don't think it's pistil color, since I've not really seen any that you could call blue.

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
right on bro i'm tagn in my pc is down right now so i'm usen the wifes lol

sounds like a great run ahead heck yes

twistedtree

Mr GJ :wave: yeah, my garden definitely wasn't boring, but I've got it all under control now, pest-wise. Can't wait to see some pics, dude.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Pimpslapped :wave:
My pleasure sir! When you get your place ready, I'll bring a chaise lounge and a couple fold out tables for treats and such - we'll get ya tricked out.

Good question on Blue strains - for me it's a plant that comes out looking and/or tasting blue/berryish.

Hiya Major :wave:
Good to see ya buddy! Sorry to hear your PC is down - God Save The Wife! I can appreciate a wife wielding and willing to lend her computer to a hubby in need. Hope the girls keep you well entertained - 2 bits in the garter helps - whoops! :woohoo::biglaugh:

Hiya twistedtree :wave:
Yes sir! You blasted those pests back to the stone age! You will get your wish in a sec - pics coming up...

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Update:

Started day 0 in the cabinet today - here's the lineup so far.

Tunza A and B

These girls are giants - both over 3 feet. I need to trim them down in the next few days, root some cuttings of each. Great hybrid vigor!

Amnesia99

The oldest girl in my collection, looking forward to a pile of pineapple bud. 2 feet tall, she should stretch a bit. 30-40" height would be perfect.

Casey Jones

My first run of this girl with many branches. Wonder how much she'll stretch with branches, she's 12" tall now.

Cabinet shot

Freshly painted - changed the digital ballast from inside to outside mounting. During the hottest days this summer cab temperatures climbed to the high 80s, 7 degrees warmer than when I ran the magnetic ballast outside the cab. Noticeably cooler at night now too. Noticed some heavy discoloration at the ends of the bulb - probably should buy a new bulb this fall.

Nice and spacious in there now - hopefully I'll have a C99 and G13 ready to join them soon.

L8r :wave:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ohw man your's is much better bro...i like aseat with a cupholder ...i'd like 2 put ma beer somewher ey...Lol...not into the 'hard' stuff gets me huge headaecks (srry spelling) lol...
nway seems we on about the same scedule here....how long you gonne run'm aprox ....abuut 10 weeks i'm guessing?...
put some of mine in flower 2 days ago and i'm also going for about 10 weeks...should be fun visiting you and making bad remarks :biglaugh: j/k :wave:

ohw yea ...garden is looking supreme my :friends:

Last edited:
B

BeAn

TAGGED!:lurk:

New thread, BeAn dude checking in..:wave:...those girls are lookin sharp MGJ, nice job...cant wait to see them bud! :joint

Be cool..