What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Greenjeans does the Seed Thang

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Pineapple C99 pollen does sound like a real winner for dusting, i would really love to see what comes of that :D

Everything is looking well in the veg cab, and i love what i see coming together in terms of crosses and selection of strains, you certainly have some beauties.

Looking forward to watching more of the show :joint:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: Hia MGJ, damn nice variety u got vegging... well in the final weeks mine r deffinatly gonna surprise me coz althaugh its my 2nd but it will be the first time i finished it lol... my first testgrow had to chop it at around 4 weeks flowering coz it died & its goodness was yet to come... That SSH u got is splittingin 2 cool, i got 1 of my chronic the same lol... hope yours turn out a girl.

Good job selecting & growing! :headbange

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya bitchhitsbongs :wave:
Thanks for stopping by and the compliment! Thanks go to good :friends: too! I like the selection you have going too, the Northern Lights #5 X Mikado has caught my eye - sounds like it will be great meds :yes:

Hiya Jenna :wave:
Howya doin? Thanks - I'm a big fan of both G13 and C99 as breeding material, the original Killer Queen was AB G13 x C99, the PG G13 x Black Widow - :woohoo: :rasta: - that must have been some STRONG medicine! Thanks much for the green vibes!:friends::canabis:

Hiya Core :wave:
Thanks much my friend - on many levels. Your graph is spot on. I changed out the light and was SHOCKED at the difference. I'll be switching out the MH twice a year from now on. That is a super graphic, I saved a copy. Page 81 :yoinks: Thanks:friends:

Hiya DimeBag :wave:
Thanks for the kind words my friend! I'm excited to try my hand at some crosses - I hope for G13xC99, C99xSSH, KalimistxC99. That should keep me busy for the next year or so.:biglaugh: Hey, I just put some sesame seed canna candies out on the table, help yourself - they go good with a cup of charas... :friends:

Hiya StonedGrunt :wave:
Thanks buddy! I think you're doing a fine job, not too much longer to wait! I split that SSH myself - topped her at the 2nd node and she sent up a fork:yes:. It's looking to be a male, but that's ok since I can cross it with a Cindy girl.:rasta:

Jarred up the last harvest. 4.5 oz of C13 3 oz Casey Jones :woohoo:

C13

Casey Jones

Very happy with them, 50 days on the C13 got me to maybe 20% amber trichs - gotta love that. The Casey was thoroughly cloudy, just like my mind after I tasted her :biglaugh:

Thanks for visiting folks! :wave:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey MGJ, harvest looks awesome man. CJ looks like something I would love, how's the taste on that? I may have to find me some of those beans. You have a ton vegging, some interesting strains as well. Man you have it going on, Super Silver Haze there's some knock you on your butt smoke and a half. G13 is a compact lil bugger eh? Awesome show man!!! Props ++

B/R

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: AWESOME DUDE, great job!
2357CaseyJones-bud1.jpg

casey jones looks a killer buds bro, even C13 :rasta: .

tnkx buddy,Yeah maybe 3 weeks more i'll chop em down :joint: can't wait till that moment lol. Its a good idea topping.. cool! i never tried it, but i'll certainly will in the future, maybe i'll top some AIs i just germinated... got more cracking hehehe.
have a happy harvest party lol :canabis: .

that casey jones looks awsome heard alot about her, never had her though

thanks for your candid advice, I understand the whole nute thing, so true, but I think it's about everything these days

I just got done tranplanting and my girls definitely needed it

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm drooling here.....and no good stash ...Lmao...i'm ****ed for a few weeks :badday:...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Core said:
scedule about lumen loss
Now if I understand this right, thats about 20% loss on a HPS for 200 days of flowering usage, so thats about say 35% a year, so after 3 years my 400w is putting out about , well, taking away 5% of the natural brightness of the room. Hmmm, that cant be right, it seems brighter than that to me. :bashhead: whoops, 2000 not 200 so it'll take 5 years to lose 20% of its brightness, and some people throw them away every 6 months.

Last edited:

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey There Mr. GJ, Hows it goin buddy :wave:

Congrats on the harvest bro, looks super chronic.. Is that the Casey Jones from Greatful Head?? that strain seems to be kickin ass might have to consider some... hehhe.

Mind if i pull up and chill round here, always ment to just never got around to it. hahaha ill be back by soon. Peace bro.

-N.Kron :rasta:

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GMT said:
Now if I understand this right, thats about 20% loss on a HPS for 200 days of flowering usage, so thats about say 35% a year, so after 3 years my 400w is putting out about , well, taking away 5% of the natural brightness of the room. Hmmm, that cant be right, it seems brighter than that to me. :bashhead: whoops, 2000 not 200 so it'll take 5 years to lose 20% of its brightness, and some people throw them away every 6 months.

170 days x 24 Hours = 4080 hours ..so lets say in 6 months you have about 20 % lumenloss, just take 40 % on a year 2 be easy...let me remind you 40 % is almost half on lumenloss and intensity....
i'm keepin mine a year.....oeps,dang its almsot time for new lamps ..now i remind myself :chin: :confused:

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Core, doesnt that chart say the numbers of hours of usage are per 1000, so thats 24000 hours of usage, so say 12 per day for flowering, so thats 24000/12=2000 days of usage, / 365 days = 5 and a half years of usage to lose 20% of lumens, that's how I got my numbers.

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
lookn wonderful my friend very nice gl on them youngn's the new line up sounds sweet bro

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Black Ra1n :wave:
Thanks very much my friend! Yes, Casey Jones is sweet stuff, I was fortunate to get this cut. I read that Gr3atful H3ad is planning on another Casey seed run soon, so keep an eye out... 2 :yes: in my book!

Thanks buddy! Casey is real nice, C13 has her charms too. She's not psychedelic - but she is strong head and body meds, and I can't argue with a 40-50 day flower period. The pictures don't do her justice. After 50 days the buds look dusted with sugar. Not fussy on feeding, my all around favorite plant. I try to grow her at least every other harvest. And yes, 3 weeks will fly by, soon you will have the ecstatic pleasure of toking on your own bud. I still get a shit eating grin on my face every time I toke. 5 years ago I couldn't imagine growing my own meds. It's like I'm in paradise every day.

Hiya bitchhitsbongs :wave:
Thanks my friend. If you're thinking of buying some seed this fall, I highly recommend H3ad's gear. High quality unique parents make for fine personal elite stash, and at a very reasonable price.

I hope I didn't go too far on what I wrote on nutes. :pointlaug Easy for me to get carried away thinking about how long I fed my girls more than they could use. Looking back I think it's funny how I could kill a plant with love. :fsu:

Your girls love you for the transplant. I look forward to the first week after a transplant - you can really see the plant's appreciation :canabis: Thanks for stopping by with real fine comments - much appreciated! :friends:

Hiya Core :wave:
Thanks buddy - sure wish we lived closer, I'd fix ya up with a healthy doggie bag. 2 parts Casey, 1 part G13, 1 part Amnesia99 - I call that cocktail "Gee, didja get the number of that train?" :laughing:

The message I took from your diagram - metal halide lamps deteriorate at a much faster clip than HPS lamps. I believe - with a digital ballast - that I don't drop a single lumen over the life of the HPS lamp; the digital ballast increases current slightly as the lamp ages to keep the yang up :biglaugh:. My metal halide is on a regular magnetic core ballast - and I can see 40-50% loss of lumens in 6+ months easy. Seat of the pants I believe this, the difference by eye was so great. Personally I like vegging with MH better than flouros, I don't have to be as attentive to light distance. Someday I hope to step up the MH wattage.

Hiya GMT :wave:
My experience is similar to your's on the HPS lamps. When I changed my HPS lamp last after a year - there may have been a difference but I didn't notice it without a meter. The MH lamps are a different story - the difference was dramatic :yoinks:

Hiya NorthernKronic :wave:
Thanks for stopping in to visit my friend, and thanks for the fine comments. You are welcome anytime, come and go as you please - there's a key under the front door mat :laughing: Yes, the Casey Jones is from H3ad seeds, she is a looker and a very sweet girl. Highly recommended for everyone's garden. Farmer John should have more C13 seeds this fall too, that would be an outstanding choice. I found a keeper in the first 3 seeds I germed. Another highly recommended selection IMHO. Cya soon :friends:

Hiya Major! :wave:
So good to see ya buddy! Lemme tell ya, I am sooooo happy for ya with your new place - it looks a fine home and your horticultural lab is to die for - so much space!:yes: Your garden looks supah, and 'm loving your selection. ave 2 Memory Loss vegging - hoping for a girl, but if not I'm gonna plant more seeds. Very beautiful plant! :yes:

Sorry I haven't had a chance to visit my friends' threads this week, don't know where all the time went :chin:. We're off on vacation tomorrow for about a week, don't know what the net access is like where we stay, if not I'll be back 2nd week in Sept.

Prepping for the vacation, all the plants were up potted 2 pot sizes. RH in the room is holding 60+% so I think they'll be okay for water after raising the light a bit. When I transplanted I took cuttings of all the new plants and put them in the cloner today. Hoping to have some babies to put in pots and a couple plants ready to flower week after I get back.

I restocked the bar and food table - so folks help yourselves while I'm gone. :rasta: Lotsa canna treats - there's a killer canna key lime pie back there now, and in the fridge there's a bowl of canna jambalaya to nuke in the microwave. Trich squeezin's are in the big jug - a sip or 2 will do ya! :muahaha:

Cya when I get back - be safe, be happy, and have a great week! :wave:

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
right on bro have nice vacation if ya run outta ML seed or dont get the pheno's ya desire maybe we can do something for ya wink wink

Core

ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sounding prickisch at all GMT...i just found it on the net...coz i woz looking for nice lamps in the beginning....dont know if it is a actual chart...but i thought so.....
Nw...what i got out this chart.....at about 8000 hours running a MH for 24 hours a day (coz its a veglamp) that would be full year running and there would be between 30 and 40 % of lumenloss...

aaahah ..Dang you Mr...why you went up said that out loud :spank: ....i'm missing that doggiebag already :muahaha:

Last edited:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Mr GreenJeans said:
Thanks buddy! Casey is real nice, C13 has her charms too. She's not psychedelic - but she is strong head and body meds, and I can't argue with a 40-50 day flower period. The pictures don't do her justice. After 50 days the buds look dusted with sugar. Not fussy on feeding, my all around favorite plant. I try to grow her at least every other harvest. And yes, 3 weeks will fly by, soon you will have the ecstatic pleasure of toking on your own bud. I still get a shit eating grin on my face every time I toke. 5 years ago I couldn't imagine growing my own meds. It's like I'm in paradise every day.

:wave: Hello my freind MGJ, I loved that word 'dusted with sugar' & it really IS... Since u'r growing some serious strains, U deserve to have those buds dusted with sugar. Experience works along with it & the result we be awesome... i'v seen all pics on this thread, (no joking) Awesome & beautiful grows... :canabis: .
Its so cool growing ur own weed.. 3 weeks more (can't wait till it comes) i'll be 'High on my own supply' lol, the hardest part is watching it all day,smelling it all day & i can't touch it for now... i got lots of good hash to smoke tho but I LOVE WEED'S TASTE OF NATURE :muahaha: :joint:
take care bro! later. :bongsmi:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Core, glad you could see I only wanted to know how many watts my 400 was putting out now, so it seems probably about 350, thats fair enough. Or in money terms a bulb that cost £20 well over 3 years ago is still giving out £17.50 worth of service. That's great value for money if you ask me. Do you notice much advantage of MH over HPS in veg?
Hi MGJ, That's interesting thanks, I'm not gonna worry about the life of HPS bulbs anymore now, just glad I didn't listen tp peeps who used to say you have to swithch HPS bulbs every 6 months. In real performance terms it would have cost 48 times more for 14 % extra performance.

Sleepy

Veteran
Mr GreenJeans said:

... soon you will have the ecstatic pleasure of toking on your own bud. I still get a shit eating grin on my face every time I toke. 5 years ago I couldn't imagine growing my own meds. It's like I'm in paradise every day.

I hope I didn't go too far on what I wrote on nutes. :pointlaug Easy for me to get carried away thinking about how long I fed my girls more than they could use. Looking back I think it's funny how I could kill a plant with love.
:fsu:

Cya when I get back - be safe, be happy, and have a great week! :wave:

so true!!

have a blast on vacation, MGJ!!! :wave:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Originally Posted by Mr GreenJeans

... soon you will have the ecstatic pleasure of toking on your own bud. I still get a shit eating grin on my face every time I toke. 5 years ago I couldn't imagine growing my own meds. It's like I'm in paradise every day.

Im smiling here thinking about you my dear friend, been a long strange trip eh? :D

Latest posts

Latest posts