What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Greenjeans does the Seed Thang

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Teresa! :wave:
I'm about to sound like an old fogey - sweetness begets sweetness mah deah!:petting::friends: Went back to your thread - so modest dear T. I'm lookin at other sb grows too, but still love watchin whatchado. Thanks for your kind attentions to my garden!

Hiya KH! :wave:
Thanks very much! As you will soon see, the first chapter of the adventures is beginning - hope it's a romance and not an Ahnold adventure fest :bat:

Pretty good living is right! What a great combo - hash and tamales - add a strong cupa joe and a handful of gummy bears for me please! :yummy:

Hiya TML
Bugs - so true - hope the bombs do the trick. I'm pulling out whatever tricks I know 'cause I sure don't want to start out again with new material because of a Mega Bug Battle! Safer's soap works well, and normally I would take the the more organic route but things are so young figured I'd invoke the heavy duty treatments. Plus I'm feeling a bit experimental.... :biglaugh: Thanks for the props...

On the Calio - still have some, but haven't smoked any since the AM99s have been stashed ( :yoinks: now that says something! ). I'll have to break some out this week and give it a vape to refresh my memory. From memory it was a nice mixed head and body high, didn't exactly taste like creamsicles but had an pinched orange rind kind of aroma and flavor. Will get back to you on that...

Hiya FJ! :wave:
Thanks! Another peek at your grandchildren are coming up pronto! :yummy:

Hiya Budfather! :wave:
Yeah - I love a good three ring circus! :yoinks: Thanks for the kind words! I agree with you about Bog - I had just started getting into his strains when the fit hit the shan - wishing him luck and happiness - he banked a lot of good karma. I have some Sourbubble, Lifesaver, and Bogglegum beans left and look forward to growing them all out eventually!

Update next.... :wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Update:

Powerskunk day 21 veg

One of the five started showing a bit of a nute def a few days ago, and despite foliar feed of Alg-a-mic and a 350ppm watering with PBPGro the pictured leaf is worsening some. Nothing noticed on the back side of the leaf. Tonight I'm going to gently take him/her out of the pot, partially bareroot and retransplant. Kinda weird, the only plant of the bunch that's showing this...

Golden Pineapple day 21 veg

Hard for me to tell which one is runty now! Growing slowly, but looking healthy. They're looking to be around the same size and growth speed as the sourbubble, so they may end up in the second flowering run to give them time to get to size. The next few weeks will tell the tale...

Sourbubble BX1 day 21 veg

No surprises here, slow but steady growth.

G99 day 19 and 21 veg

Starting to get difficult to tell the difference between the 19 and 21 day plants, out of pure lazyness I think I'll consider them all the same age at the next transplant.

All the plants have been topped or fimmed earlier this week. As long as I was giving some food to that hungry PS, I gave the rest of them the same, figuring their going through nutes faster now under the bigger light. Think I'll transplant them up a pot size sometime next week after checking for roots. If the roots look well developed I'm going to chance mixing in some of the hot compost soil amendment I mixed up earlier this summer... On the plants with the weaker roots - more of the same FFOF and LW... Or at least that's the plan for today...

Last edited:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Well they all look very healthy apart from that one plant so you're doing well I'd say :yes:

Any idea what's causing the spots? I have some spots too but nowhere near as bad as what you've got :chin: Mine are just spots whereas yours has spread. I've checked for bugs but I can't see any :confused:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Alex! :wave:
Thanks for the comments! You asked, I'll tell. I did a bit of research and experimenting on this one. It had 2 lower leaves that looked like this, and these 2 sick leaves looked healthy. Pruned the bottom sick leaves last Sat morning, now these lower leaves look the same. Nothing notable on the back of the leaf. So my take it is a movable nute... which one is hard to tell the leaves cracked so quickly. Don't think it's a bug or disease, I'd expect at least one of the others to look the same. So either nute levels or something wrong with the roots, I should know more tonight when I bareroot the plant and repot her. If it continues after repotting it will be culled out of the grow, but my gut feeling is it will recover fine after a transplant.

:wave:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
I hope she makes it. I have seen this before when I first grew Skunk#1 I was able to bring the plant out of it with some TLC so see what happens. Yea the roots will tell more then I can at this point.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Ok, here's the story.

Roots look great, not circling the pot yet but full head of loose roots to the bottom of the pot, and a nice pearly white color. No funny soil smell. Soil pH 6.4. My guess is they'll all need feeding very soon, this plant is probably a bit more hungry than the others and showed it first.

Loosened up the bottom half of the rootball and replanted in 1/2 pot of new soil. Gave them all a light feeding of PBPG 350 ppm.

Really should transplant them all now, but won't have a chance until the workers are out of the house in about a week. So a little extra TLC for now will hopefully hold them over until then. :chin:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
glasspackedbowl said:
I hope she makes it. I have seen this before when I first grew Skunk#1 I was able to bring the plant out of it with some TLC so see what happens. Yea the roots will tell more then I can at this point.

Yep my Skunk#1 has spots too. The first strain I got it with was the last VBS I had.

I think mine is due to too much ferts, GMT said it was nute lock out. I use organic ferts from Plagron. I try not to use too much but aparrently I did anyway :biglaugh:

All new leaves appear fine, so I'd put it down to that untill I know dofferently.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there great thread and amazing selection of genetics you have too....quite a few C99 crosses in the mix and i can understand why, never tasted a cross containing her that was not delicous.....cant wait to see this thread progress, how long you planning to veg?
Peace

G

Glad to hear that you don't have any root rot my friend. :yoinks: Everything is looking great as usual. :yummy:

Now where did you put my compressor tank? I need another hit of that A-99.

GCG

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Alex! :wave:
I'm no stranger to nute lockup :pointlaug :D, but these hadn't been fed yet. So keeping an eye on them, should know for sure by early next week.

Hiya TC! :wave:
Thanks my friend! First time I've grown many strains - hope I didn't bite off morethan I can chew:yoinks:! I hope to veg to height - maybe to 18".

Hiya Garlic! :wave:
Me too! Thanks - and here, instead of that compressor, here's a hospital grade ventilator - stick your mouth on that tube and let the machine rip :joint: :yoinks: :bat: Keep hitting until you can't remember... hey, what was I writing?

The Budfather

hey mgj, glad no root rot seems like everything is doing well,but one question how the hell are you gonna fit that ventilator in here and if i didnt kno better i would say GCG has had a lil to much smoke :bat: :bat: veg always sucks sexing gets fun, flowering is a blast. right now i have one confirmed bogglegum girl, one male BG and looks as if 1 LS male the rest are not male sacs but not 100% sure so its looking like 4 fems enough i can fit into the new c13 whiich is done by the way im gonna make a new thread as soon as im sure about the privates then gonna let em veg out a bit longer take some clones and hopfully within the next week its off to flower :woohoo: :woohoo: gonna start some nycd and c99 in the veg cabs (my old cases)soon too.oh and be on the look out for the new thread gonna have to make one for the brand new cab now lets see what i can do with alotta height!!!! oh and by the way silver haze clones arent looking to good for the past couple o nights its been cold so i can imagine why one is still truckin perky green but the stem looks wierd so i guess ill just have to wait

BabyHughie

Hello MGJ :wave: :D

Plants are looking killer man, growin up FAST!! Even the sourbubbles are gettin down I bet they are gonna have SUPER tight node spacing. LMAO BOG seemed to like the chunky indicas huh? I like them too. :D

On the multiple strains thing, you got it MGJ! I wouldn't even be sweatin it at all. :D The way you planned it out to veg the sourbubble while the others flower should work out perfect! Im kinda doing the same with some urkle right now. Maybe they will be large enough to get a decent yield off them by the time my new grow is done. :biglaugh:

PS very good analysis of the situation on the one plant. :joint:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Budfather! :wave:
No worries, I have an all season matter condenser on the farm, so we can take that ventilator down in size though not down in weight. :pointlaug Yeah, garlic was born with a bong built in:bongsmi:, the next advance in evolution doncha know :pointlaug

Sounds like a nice mix of BG and LS for your run!:yes: I'll keep an eye out for your new cab thread!

Hiya Hughie! :wave:
Thanks man - yes, they sure are growing quick with the extra lumens. Actually the tightest node spacing so far is on 2 of the g99s, 2 of the sourbubbles are close. I need some good indica in my stash!

My analysis was super, but the patient is dying. 2 others are starting to show the same changes, and the sickly girl is not looking good. I gave them a wash to check the soil - 250 ppms. Hmmm. Looks more and more like a lockout, but what? pH again in the 6.4 range. So to make a best effort, I flushed them well with water pHed to 6.2 with 1/2 str algamic, 1/2 str sweet, and finished with a watering in of some PBPG 350 ppm. The other two powerskunks look fine so far. None of the other plants are having an issue - whew.

The only problem with multistrain is my hands. If they act up it's a bit much to water and transplant that many plants. So far I'm holding up.

Turns out the workers need another week :yoinks: so even though I'd like to get those funky plants under a milder light, no can do yet. And have to hold off on transplanting the seedlings too. They'll really be ready by the time I get to it.

Hope to get some pics up Sunday. Have a nice toke of that Wreck! :joint: :wave:

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Major! :wave:
Thanks much my friend! More eye candy for ya comin up!

Weekend update:

Here they are, day 25 veg

Powerskunk

The first 2 pics show the plants with the worst problem. The next few days to a week will tell if they make it. The second 2 pics show no problems on the left and a bit of the problem on the right. The last pic shows a plant with no problems so far.

GoldenPineapple

Growing slow but steady.

G99

The smaller plants have very tight node structure. Maybe the smaller ones are girls?

Sourbubble

Cranking away, one tall, two medium, and one small.

All in all things are going well. Might be a few more days on those 2 burning powerskunks recover after flushing, fingers crossed... :bat:

Later folks! :wave:

Keefhead

Looking really good MGJ - well - with the possible exception of those two Powerskunks, but I'd be willing to bet they'll pull through. Some great strains, and I kinda envy you guys with multiple strains. You get to change tastes every once in a while. Kewl...

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey There MGJ :wave:

Everything is looking mighty fine :yummy:

I especially like that short/stout fat leaved sourbubble, Everyone need some good indica in their diet.
The Golden Pineapples are looking nice and sturdy too :yes:
The powerskunks will be fine, I'm sure you'll pull them through :ying:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
2357SBBX1-day25-veg-2.jpg

the smaller one look just like my female. Fan leafs look exactly like mine did. Make sure to "Top" Her a few times. To get a max yeild. There will be a supream sour scent expeled into the room as she ages. Like a fine cheese/wine.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
did you get a salt leach? If not I think one application would solve the Lock out problem. Worked for me and thats exactally what I got it for. Remember that Clearex
Nutrient Salt Leraching Solution: For periodic flushing of nutrient salt build-up and lockout. Rejouvenates plants and allows nutrients to be readily available again. For use in soil container gardens.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya KH! :wave:
Thanks man! Means a lot coming from a hashmaster like yourself! You can do it too - load up that column with one strain and have 1 or 2 buckets for tasters. I'm a bit envious of your vertical grow - that's a boata-loada bud in a small footprint:yes: I went with so many because I full on expected a 50-60% cull rate from either sex or premature death:yoinks::biglaugh:

Hiya TML! :wave:
Hey, wudja mind mixing me a Tangerine-Grape-MeHigh?:laughing: Thanks my friend, those plants sure are chunkalicious already aren't they? The G99s have been a vigourous surprise as well... Check out this pic again:

Unintentionally I faced them both label front. The left one originally was the second tallest and the right one was second smallest. Looks like by one month veg they'll be pretty much uniform. They looked so different from each other the first week after germ... And like Amnesia99, the stem and leaf structure does not look cindy99-ish in any way. If that turns out to be the case as they mature, wow - what a nice pair of matched bookend strains: tall Amnesia99 sativa / Short G99 indica pheno:yummy: Those last 3 powerskunks above are looking very tempting too. Hey, I have a lotta love for all my little ones....:D

I'm psyched on having more indica in my stash - really helps at the end of the day!

Hiya GPB! :wave:
Thanks much for that SB tip! Was hoping for that pheno but didn't know if I'd get it out of only 4 seeds. Definitely need to top her early and often - should I wait on the next topping until I can get cuts large enough to root? I can see how that could take a while on this small one.

I didn't use Clearex, but that thinking is why I used the Sweet. Much of Clearex's properties come from a high sugar content, I wanted to try mild levels of everything first, but if they continue suffering I'll do a full strenght Clearex leach as a final try tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts