What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Greenjeans does the Seed Thang

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Powerskunk! sounds well powerful..could only graze the new thread..but it's all looking good..more when I have more time.. :wave:

BabyHughie

Man their growing fast! I thought you had your hands full MGJ what you talkin about looks like your on top of it from over here. :D

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Garlic! :wave:
Thanks my friend. Sorry for the delay, sometimes every 5-7 days is what I can do... :moon: :chin: :dueling:

Hiya Packn! :wave:
Thanks! Hope so! The power contenders are the Powerskunk, G99, and the SourBubble - will be a fun ride to see which of these knock me on my butt. Missed ya buddy - figured you were busy with the new job opportunity. Take a nice deep puff - now that you don't have to worry about tests :bongsmi: Always welcome when you have the time my friend! Stay safe and be happy!

Hiya Hughie! :wave:
Thanks my friend - Heh heh - ya know just what to say! Yeah, they are growing fast, the only difference this time is the 250 MH. They're going under the 600 HPS this week, have some work being done around here, want to keep them out of sight...

Later! :wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Can't imagine them growing any faster, but then again this is the first time I put seedlings under the 600, so guess I'll see soon enough! If they can take it I'll leave everything in there until it's time to flower something, then pull the youngins back out under the MH. :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
That G99 gets right to it....they all look green and healthy MGJ...nice update :wave:

peace

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
:chin: so this is were you been hiding huh Mr GreenJeans :biglaugh: !I really need to pay closer attention to new thread's :pointlaug at me.Very lovely baby's ya have going here.I'm really gonna watch your Sour Bubbles as i have a few going myself :yummy: .I did Bog's BX2 and LOVED IT as i think you will as well.Mine are the BX4's and so far faster groth rate in veg than the BX2's i did if memory is right.Can't wait to see how thing's go when you hit the flowering stage good luck handsome.

Little look at my BX4 hope you don't mind and if ya do :moon: hehehe nah just kiddin ya just let me know if i'm messin up this good lookin thread and i'll remove it sweetie ....

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya -VT-! :wave:
Thanks my friend - now that I've read a bit more, there's quite a history of g13 x c99s eg Killer Queen, looks like the reverse cross parenting these will live up to the rep, very vigourous seedlings!

Hiya Teresa! :wave:
No worries my friend - the thread is young, the kids don't even know if they're boys or girls yet:D Thanks for the nice comments - your last batch of SB inspired me to try out these BX1s, plan to give them as much time as they need for vegging, will be keeping an eye on your bx4s too! And lovely T, you can embellish my threads however and whenever you want - my good fortune really! That's a real cute Sour Bubblette - how old is (s)he?:yes:

somoz

Veteran
looking good greeny: healthy and happy is a nice way to be....be it plant or person, and your right....that bill is not too bad at all imo for the amount of ground it is covering.......ummmm tamales, tacos, and tapas.........i accept.......haha

well: keep chuggin along bro, and hope you don't have any problems with the "work" being done around the place......take care bud

somoz

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya 'moz! :wave:
Thanks my friend - always just the right thing to say! Much appreciated! Healthy and happy girls - so fine to see!

The workers are trusted, have done work for me before, so barring any weird accidents all should be good.

Ahhh - te gusta las tapas chico? There's a great tapas bar not far from here - fun to go mid afternoon. Y doncha come along?

Quick update on the cab: Had a blast of indian summer here, and after a pretty bug free summer I now have spider mites :badday: Just saw a few of them last night. Checked under the leaves on a few plants, looked ok, so took out the no pest strip again as a temporary measure, can see I have to bring out the big guns. Will have to stop and pick up some pyrethrin bombs and treat the basement a couple times over 1-2 weeks to make sure no mite time-share condos have been built out :pointlaug :dueling:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
I have a bug issue as well small but you hope not to see them at all. Do I Fog/bomb them with the plants in the room?? Any advice as this is the first time I needed to bring out the bad boy guns and blow them bastirds away. :wave: :bat:

she brought them from the Madicinal shop in lower lake! So Be ware as my pops had the same issue. THere no t keeping shop right. At least they replaced 2 clones. Dont see that happen to much.

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
2357PS-day16-veg-closeup.jpg

shes a skunk#1 pheno. As the PPP and SRH didnt have wide leafs of that nature. I can see some of what I can only say looks like a water spot. Check soil and leafs for bugs. Looks all to familiar! You mentioned you had some bugs thats a earily sign. They also look a little light green with darker spots maybe they want larger pots or are wanting nitrogen.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Man gpb - sorry about the bugs.:badday: The pyrethrin bombs I feel pretty ok with leaving the plants in. Basically it's chrysanthemum extracts that will break down in a few days. I'm going to go overboard on this one just in case - would hate to lose a buncha these youngins. So my plan is 2 pyrethrin bombs in the basement - the cab intake should suck in enough of the chem - repeat in 10 days, and maybe repeat one more time yet in another 10. With winter coming, if I can clear them out now I should be ok for some time.

I'm also putting out sticky paper so I can more easily see if they come back. The end of each week I circle any stuck bugs so I can notice the new ones the following week.

Thx for the info on the phatty:yes: - now hopefully she's a girl, but even if a boy she'll be used for pollen. The water spots are from a pyrethrin spray. They were transplanted less than a week ago into 6" pots from 4", but they are under a lotta lumens now so I gave them a light feeding last night about 450ppm PBPG and plan to pot them up another size in a week.

Last edited:

somoz

Veteran
I get water burns/spots all the time when i run soil or anything that requires me to take a water pitcher to the plants...... :pointlaug ........there's always just so many of em and i always find a leaf or two....

@bombing: I've bombed early into flower with no ill side effects registered, i don't know how comfortable i would feel doin it late into flower but imo it's fine in veg and early flower.........

Nice idea on the sticky paper greeny! Think i might throw some of those around the flat and start monitoring my mite situation a bit more.......Tamales would be delicious, me gusta for sure, but i think i might be 2,000 miles to far away to meet up with ya bud......another day when i'm out west........good luck with the mites dood

somoz

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Yeah somoz - since everything is vegging now, figured this is the time to pull out all the stops and nuke 'em once a week for 2-3 weeks. Maybe follow up the last treatment with an Attain bomb. :bat: Definitely don't want a buggy winter grow...

The sticky paper works good all around for catching and keeping track of hatching buggers - glad you liked the idea!

Well, maybe someday we can meet on the street - either here on the left or there on the right... sure we could find good tamales either way :yummy: :joint:

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
Awww your alway's the sweetheart :wave: .But ive seen better grower's grow out the Sour Bubble much better but thank's for the kind word's!!Without checking in my thread i'm guessing just a my Sour Bubble BX4 are a couple of week's old :chin: give or take a couple day's.I'll be watching real closely to see how a true Grower does it :kissass: :friends: :wink: .

Keefhead

MGJ - great thread. A guy could mine a lot of good information from this. Your ladies are so beautifully green and healthy looking. Congratulations on obviously doing it just right.

No substitute for a good tamale, is there? I had two good corn husk tamales just last night, right after a couple bowls of some Diesel hash. Pretty good living that.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Damn pests! :cuss:
I think they're making a last ditch effort to find a warm place for the winter. My spider mites seem to be living through the no-pest strip and sticky traps.

I find it hard to monitor the mites even with the sticky traps. I found them to be a vital tool against fungus gnats, but they get dirty quick (we grow in soil) and you'd have to change them often to spot small little mites on them.
I also find them expensive for what they are...gotta be a better/cheaper way to get gooey yellow paper goin. Just my :2cents:

Had a blast of indian summer here, and after a pretty bug free summer I now have spider mites Just saw a few of them last night. Checked under the leaves on a few plants, looked ok, so took out the no pest strip again as a temporary measure, can see I have to bring out the big guns. Will have to stop and pick up some pyrethrin bombs and treat the basement a couple times over 1-2 weeks to make sure no mite time-share condos have been built out
The pyrethrin bombs I feel pretty ok with leaving the plants in. Basically it's chrysanthemum extracts that will break down in a few days. I'm going to go overboard on this one just in case - would hate to lose a buncha these youngins.
I'm always glad you're on top of researching such things...you know I'm too lazy to :pointlaug
Sounds like my basement is getting the bomb too :bashhead:

I like the Safers soap and feel it works great for vegging plants. I had a problem with them in the veg cab recently and blasted them with a quick spray and my problems look to be eliminated :yes: It's never harmed any of my plants, but I'm scared to use it in flower of course for the mold reason. Gotta go back a few times to get the unborns though :angrymod:

User Names suggestion on wiping down all the leaf blades with fingers works great too. It's a little time consuming, but you get the personal satisfaction of revenge when you smear the lil bastards all over the leaf :dueling:

All the plants are looking great :smile:

Hey MGJ, not really sure if you ever wrote up any kind of smoke report or anything on the Cali-O you grew a good while back. Was just wondering what you thought of it when you get a chance :yummy:

:wave:

The Budfather

jees, its like a circus in here dont know wheter im coming or going. the babes look fine right now i love any thing BOG i think he was one of our best breeders next to REZ and SOMA. jees im gonna miss his strains kinda upset that i never got sour bubble oh well if some are around on seedbay when i have the cash will do. other then that everything looks great!!