What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb??

WelderDan

Veteran
I still have some CB beans in my stash, along with some CB x CB/Kali Mist x Burmese. Will probably do another CC x CB run along with some of Brown Trouts Blue Citral Durban and cross the two, maybe CB x BCD or BCD x CB. So many possibilities.

Dogdaze

I just received a pack of Nl5 x haze and Blue Orca haze I ordered from Swami and was regretting not getting the Cherry Bomb. No worries though, he read my mind and included a pack of Cherry Bomb as freebies. Seems like Gas is an exceptionally generous person to me. Now, which ones do I start first? Decisions, decisions

cannacrab

I wish Dr. G would run a Chemical Analysis. I was really curious what the THCV content is throughout the phenos. I have 6 Cherry Bomb seed I am going to run seed on if I get a male. Judging from the seed I may get 2.

cc

grayeyes

Since he posted on this thread as late at 4/18 I have to ask.

Is Mr. Greengenes Old Fart on youtube? The avatar sure looks like the guy posting vids. And Mr. GG did say he was on 'Growing with Fishes' podcasts.

Anyone?

JimmyToucan

I wish Dr. G would run a Chemical Analysis. I was really curious what the THCV content is throughout the phenos. I have 6 Cherry Bomb seed I am going to run seed on if I get a male. Judging from the seed I may get 2.

cc

If you're looking for THCV check to see if Mr. G has restocked his Oreo Blizzard yet, which was bred specifically with that in mind.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're looking for THCV check to see if Mr. G has restocked his Oreo Blizzard yet, which was bred specifically with that in mind.

Thanks JimmyToucan! I still haven't had the Oreo plant tested for THCv, but it will happen soon. I'm quite confident it will test high (no pun intended) because it has obvious appetite suppressing qualities and is a very stimulating and alert buzz. Also, still waiting on the next batch of Oreo Blizzard...

I'm also curious about CBD content of Cherry Bomb plants because more than a few people have reported the very relaxing, everything-right-in-the-world feeling from it. CB always gives me the feeling I'm walking on pillows.

Is Mr. Greengenes Old Fart on youtube? The avatar sure looks like the guy posting vids. And Mr. GG did say he was on 'Growing with Fishes' podcasts.

Anyone?
Old Fart isn't me grayeyes, but it is me on the G.W.F. podcast. I'm pretty sure we did have Old Fart on the podcast, but I think it was before I joined. I recently figured out how to use the youtube livestream chatroom while I'm on, and I type fast so I'll be trying to join in the chat too. We had 30+ viewers on last thursday, we were pretty stoked!

Yeah, if anyone's interested we've had some very cool guests on over the last 120 some episodes. Dennis Peron and the crew from Castro Castle in SF (Dennis' old hang), Dr. Elaine Ingham (the soil foodweb lady), the Dragon Fly Earth Med's folks and of course we talk about aquaponics too...it's quite a show.

Our host Steve is now a Greengenes collaborator, so we have some interesting genetic jam sessions going together. He want's to get a lot of my/our genetics tested for various stuff, so it looks like that will happen soon. I'll definitely post back here with results.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I'm out of rep, sorry. I'm very grateful for what you did Mr. Greengenes.

I'm also curious about CBD content of Cherry Bomb plants because more than a few people have reported the very relaxing, everything-right-in-the-world feeling from it. CB always gives me the feeling I'm walking on pillows.

I think it's maybe because of the Afghan in the Maui Wowie lineage (Oaxaca Red hair x Afghani) ?

:tiphat:

J-Icky

Mr Greengenes, just wondering if the cherry bomb is still available and if so could you possibly point me in a helpful direction on where I could possibly acquire some. If not PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider doing another seed batch if possible and get it out to a distributor, unless you do direct sales, and make them available to the public again.
Thanks for any help in advance

rolandomota

Veteran
Make a seed request by email search for swami organic seed look for the cherry bomb scroll to the bottom of the page you will find a seed request button they are 15 for a 100$

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr Greengenes, just wondering if the cherry bomb is still available

J-Icky Swami is still handling CB for me, and with my blessing. GAS recently sent me some CB seeds and I'm growing out some now. I'll report back here with pictures, but I'm not planning to compete with Swami. I will kibbitz and comment about the selections they've made though! As far as I'm concerned, Swami and GAS are artists that I collaborate with. I won't be doing anything to threaten our mutual trust.

J-Icky

J-Icky Swami is still handling CB for me, and with my blessing. GAS recently sent me some CB seeds and I'm growing out some now. I'll report back here with pictures, but I'm not planning to compete with Swami. I will kibbitz and comment about the selections they've made though! As far as I'm concerned, Swami and GAS are artists that I collaborate with. I won't be doing anything to threaten our mutual trust.

Hey I completely understand, I’m just happy that these are still available. Now just have to get the misses to let me spend the money lol.
I do have one question. On the swami site all I see is the 79 cherry bomb, do they have another option like bsgospel mentioned and it’s just not showing in their list or is there just the one. And if there is an IBL and the 79 what would the difference be, or are you unsure and this is something I should ask swami? Just figure I’d ask the man himself since I have horrible luck getting responses from sellers through their contact us on their sites.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
J-Icky, I'm not sure how Swami's website works. GAS sent me two packs of CB seeds, one labled CBOP for Open Pollinated, the other CB 'indica dom'. Cherry Bomb was somewhere around F13 by the time I gave it to Swami so it's a true IBL. On a side note, I've heard CB males work great in crosses. That makes sense because a male plants heritage is probably more important than observable traits when choosing one to make a cross with.

J-Icky

Awesome and hearing they make good crosses is very intriguing to me. I currently have some 88g13/hp that I’ve also been told is awesome to outcross. Now I will definitely be getting some of the 79 CB so I can hopefully get a good male to hit a good ghash female with and see what comes out. Just thinking of the name of that cross is funny to me, 8879 13HPCB. Very scientific sounding especially compared to today’s name game.

Honestly I’m a big believer in trying to keep things pure so future breeders aren’t stuck with polyhybrids only to work with and things don’t end up so bottlenecked that everything is essentially the same. But this cross and the scientific name alone are enough for me to mix things up lol.

Whip

Awesome and hearing they make good crosses is very intriguing to me. I currently have some 88g13/hp that I’ve also been told is awesome to outcross. Now I will definitely be getting some of the 79 CB so I can hopefully get a good male to hit a good ghash female with and see what comes out. Just thinking of the name of that cross is funny to me, 8879 13HPCB. Very scientific sounding especially compared to today’s name game.

Honestly I’m a big believer in trying to keep things pure so future breeders aren’t stuck with polyhybrids only to work with and things don’t end up so bottlenecked that everything is essentially the same. But this cross and the scientific name alone are enough for me to mix things up lol.

I was going to make this same cross but didn't find the right Cherry Bomb female.

I have found that the male 88G-13 H/P transfers that strains power. I would recommend Cherry Bomb (F) x 88G-13 H/P (M)

Whip :)

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very scientific sounding especially compared to today’s name game.

I know, right? Now days, I try to name seed batches/strains/crosses something that alludes to the heritage. I know I didn't do that with Cherry Bomb. CB doesn't suggest anything about Maui Wowee, but hey...I was a beginner. We learn as we grow!

I figure unique names are for those seriously unique individual plants that come along 'once in a blue moon'.

cannacrab

Are there indica leaning phenos? I found that one was a little sleepy or it could have gone too long. They finished quicker than expected.

Amynamous

Question for the Cherry Bomb experts: I live at 35 degreesN, at 5000 ft elevation. Is it too late to start seeds for an outdoor grow?
Typical 1st freezes range from mid October to mid November. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts