What's new

Moving to Denver from Texas

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Why is everyone always dissing Jeff-co? Oh, wait, Canna-girl is right, whatever you do don't move to Jefferson County! No one grows in Jeff-co! NO ONE! Now, why we have 3 Hydro stores on Hwy 285, I don't know, since no one grows here. NO ONE!
; )

:laughing: Nope Nope; Nobody at all. :biggrin:

Nobody in Chaffee Cnty either! nope nope

:tiphat:

O

OrganicOzarks

You have to buy a flat brimmed Colorado Rockies hat, and wear it cocked to the side if you want to fit in with the kids up there.:)

2 Legal Co

Veteran
That is a question for the City Councils of the Cities in Adams County, or the County Board of Directors for the Unincorporated Areas......... Jefferson County BANNED all Dispensaries last week, so if you were thinking about opening one you got screwed. It's not just Adams County.

It's going to be interesting. There seems to be a lot of 'banning' and 'limiting', going on.

They seem to have forgotten that 64 was a CONSTITUTIONAL amendment. So now they are seeking to deprive everyone of their Constitutional Rights.

Makes it likely to end up in court? eh?

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Does the new law in Colorado that makes it legal to grow a few plants for yourself only apply to growing in a greenhouse or can you legally grow outside?

Best I can determine. You can grow 6 plants per adult (21 or older), in the household. Three of which can be in 'bloom'....

While I haven't read this, I've heard that 'plants' under 4"s are not counted.

As to outdoor; Not so much really. You can't have them in 'public' view.??? So that's a gray area, maybe.

Case in point; I saw a Greenhouse up in a Mtn town. You could see that there were plants inside. Couldn't see what they were.... Additionally there was an orange plastic 'snowfence between the GH and the Highway? to obscure maybe? Don't know, didn't stop and ask. :biggrin:

monsoon

Does the new law in Colorado that makes it legal to grow a few plants for yourself only apply to growing in a greenhouse or can you legally grow outside?

The new law says that the grow must be in a locked, enclosed space that is not visible to the public/etc. (everything to do with this Amendment must be carried out in "private")

Time will tell what will happen to those who cross the line. With many towns/counties banning the commercial side and appearing to not be all that "pot-friendly", being outside the parameters could spell trouble for some in certain jurisdictions.

And....if it's outside it's gonna be fair game for cops and rippers

monsoon

All plants are plants. You get 6. 3 in flower, 3 in veg. If they are only 4" tall they are still counted.

As far as "bans" stepping on Constitutional rights...this is only true if the town/county tries to ban individual uses. Both 1284 (med) and A64 (rec) give the towns/counties the right to opt out of commercial MJ businesses in their area.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Im doing the same thing. N. Texas to Denver. Keep in mind, anywhere you go is going to beat facing 6months-2 years state jail PER PLANT (!!!!!!)

The front lines are tough, its almost like fighting a losing battle, and out here...its just a matter of time, these tx LEO are no joke. Moving to denver, "in the rear with the gear" is a nice promotion...

Denver winters will be a rough transition from texas, but michigan has to be worse...and it never gets warm there...denver has an actual summer. And thats without comparing the outdoors scene, gun laws or people....Each to their own though, and legally it might be a better option to move to michigan. Detroit is just one big cold traffic jam though, fyi.

Lastly, if going from possible 6months-2 years jail per plant, to possible 2-6 years jail for your total grow (mandatory offer for probation on 1st offense, and this is after/if they get through your medical defense) is too scary for you....then by all means...stay in hell...lol, fck texas leo...i cant wait to get out of this place

Denver winters aren't all that different than N Tx, winters. Lots of snow a couple times a year. But my grass (lawn grass):biggrin: normally retains a bit of green all winter.

It was 50 here yesterday. Snow and mid 30s later today. Bit overcast now and up to 30*F. Lots of traffic however, hate that when I'm here.

But yes, one reason I don't come to Tx (South Tx), for the winter is the LEOs. Your Pot laws are very nasty. So no, I'll not be seen there. :thank you:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
All plants are plants. You get 6. 3 in flower, 3 in veg. If they are only 4" tall they are still counted.

As far as "bans" stepping on Constitutional rights...this is only true if the town/county tries to ban individual uses. Both 1284 (med) and A64 (rec) give the towns/counties the right to opt out of commercial MJ businesses in their area.

Thx for the correction... on the 4"ers.

The 6 is per adult as I understand it.

As to the Constitutional Rights; They apply to persons, and classes of persons. It'll be a battle the first few times, but I'm thinking the courts will find in favor of the Constitution,,, at least here in Colorado.....:)

As to Businesses; Now you are getting into 'land use', and depriving an individual of a 'reasonable use' of his or her property. But yes that is more of a Q.... The crap they were pulling about Dispensaries, and distances from schools etc. started before Amendment 64 was passed. I think it'll shake out to 'sin' businesses alcohol, tobacco, etc., and they will have to live with what the rest of the spectrum is. 64 changed the complexion of the whole situation, and in a good way.

monsoon

As to Businesses; Now you are getting into 'land use', and depriving an individual of a 'reasonable use' of his or her property. But yes that is more of a Q.... The crap they were pulling about Dispensaries, and distances from schools etc. started before Amendment 64 was passed. I think it'll shake out to 'sin' businesses alcohol, tobacco, etc., and they will have to live with what the rest of the spectrum is. 64 changed the complexion of the whole situation, and in a good way.

If you own property within a certain jurisdiction you are bound to the laws of that jurisdiction. "Reasonable Use" only operates within the law. Owning property doesn't mean you can do whatever you please on that property. On top of that, the very laws that provide allowances for MMJ/MJ cultivation and possession here are the same laws that allow these restrictions on "land use". Like it or not, both laws were set up to control where and when these activities can occure legally. (see below)

As far as the distace from a school/etc. These laws were placed on the books in the 80's by the FEDS, not by Colorado!!! What fuckhead is so stupid to think that 30+ year old laws about DRUGS and distances don't apply to them and would set up a pot business next to a grade school? And we're supposed to feel sorry for them for being THAT stupid? Wow. Fuckers need their clocks cleaned in a big way.

amazing.

Latest posts

Latest posts