What's new

moving from europe to cali

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

truth is that most immigrant students are NOT allowed to work here, not even part-time, so the hardest part you'd have to prove is that you have tuition and all living (food, rent, transport) expenses covered by scholarship, grant, or your own (or relatives) money to spend. only after you've proven this to your local US visa board will you even be considered for student visa ~ next you'd need a university to accept you. it's not so easy to hop the pond and land here legitimately w/a student visa in hand bro, never mind setting up shop on the sly.......

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Chicago is a real nice city, never been to Cali though

Yeah, if ya like this:

82191036.jpg

Or this:

obamadog_wideweb__470x351,0.jpg

Hehehe

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran

truth is that most immigrant students are NOT allowed to work here, not even part-time, so the hardest part you'd have to prove is that you have tuition and all living (food, rent, transport) expenses covered by scholarship, grant, or your own (or relatives) money to spend. only after you've proven this to your local US visa board will you even be considered for student visa ~ next you'd need a university to accept you. it's not so easy to hop the pond and land here legitimately w/a student visa in hand bro, never mind setting up shop on the sly.......

Were going to be my words exactly. You better figure out what school you want to go to and if you can go for free. Yes you could probably get a shithole job at some place under the table but you won't be able to live off that trust me. California is nice but its very expensive and jobs are scarce as it is. :joint:

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Actually, Chicago (or most of northern IL) is probably one of the worst areas for the job market right now. So there are worse places. If the man wants to move to California, let him do it. Better to live and learn than to regret that you never tried.

H

h^2 O

hello everybody!!!

I'm going to get my math bachelor soon, and I'm starting to make an idea about my future.

I want to get a master degree, but I also want to travel the world. Lately I've been thinking about a strange idea: moving to cali and start growing weed while getting my master.

I've been in the Netherlands for a while now, so I know one or two things about growing, but I've never had the chance to grow more than one or two plant at once.

I'm not planning on making a living out of the weed, but just to "cultivate" this hobby while studying in california.

Is it easy for a foreigner with a visa to get a med card? Are landowners cool with people growing? If I stay below the 6 plants limit, will I be safe? How is the situation around Los Angeles (and the southern california university)?

These are just some of the questions that came up to my mind, please help me in this difficult decision.
you could always apply for section 8..and adopt or father a child, and get paid for it..and just not work and sit at home and collect money for nothing and drive a brand new car on other people's dimes....

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Just remember if you get caught bye bye USA

REALLY? REALLY?

Even if I have a med card I get kicked out for growing?!?!?!

Are you Moving to Cali because that is where your scholarship or funding dictates that is where you go?
If Cali, is it specific to USC? What about Stanford? CAL?
If it's an option....
I would tell you to look at the other 49 states.
There's about 40 you can scratch right off the map......:joint:

I'm moving to LA because it has a good university in my field. I would LOVE to go to berkeley, but it is 3 times more expensive an 10 times more difficult to get in. Instead the university of southern california already accepted my application.

Were going to be my words exactly. You better figure out what school you want to go to and if you can go for free. Yes you could probably get a shithole job at some place under the table but you won't be able to live off that trust me. California is nice but its very expensive and jobs are scarce as it is. :joint:

My father would pay most of the bills... I don't want to sound rude but mathematics is not a faculty you can do part-time.... Or at least I'm not good enough to study and work at the same time.... Studying requires just TOO much time....

But maybe I was thinking to sell the excess weed to club so to pay the power bill... but not that much....

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
for the peeps who advised me on oregon: yeah it's a VERY beautiful country.... but it hasn't the master I want.

Which other states are as tollerant as cali?